Texas Abortion law stands

Hee hee. How democrat of you.
Actually I'm an independent, but in the state of Nebraska if you don't register as a Democrat or Republican you don't get to vote on all the issues. So I registered as a Democrat. Simply because the state is mostly Republican, and everything is skewed that way. Strange but true, I think we're the only state that has a unicameral too. ( One house legislature, instead of the two houses. ) Outrageous ideas are always floating around by Republicans thinking they have no limits and acting like they're better than anyone else. It's all a bit sickening. Expanded Medicare just got passed by a vote of the people because the legislature and the governor wouldn't pass it and now they're saying it will take up to 8 years for them to fully implement it. Those families can't wait 8 years, they needed that help years ago. That's how much Republicans care about others.

Actually I'm an independent, but in the state of Nebraska if you don't register as a Democrat or Republican you don't get to vote on all the issues. So I registered as a Democrat. Simply because the state is mostly Republican, and everything is skewed that way. Strange but true, I think we're the only state that has a unicameral too. ( One house legislature, instead of the two houses. ) Outrageous ideas are always floating around by Republicans thinking they have no limits and acting like they're better than anyone else. It's all a bit sickening. Expanded Medicare just got passed by a vote of the people because the legislature and the governor wouldn't pass it and now they're saying it will take up to 8 years for them to fully implement it. Those families can't wait 8 years, they needed that help years ago. That's how much Republicans care about others.
Oh just wanted to add, the Republicans in Nebraska do not allow Independents to join them, the Democrats do so with open arms. They understand the situation.

Oh just wanted to add, the Republicans in Nebraska do not allow Independents to join them, the Democrats do so with open arms. They understand the situation.
Also Omaha is his home district 1 of 3 in the street it voted for Biden in the election. We have split votes, so Nebraska gave 1 vote to Biden and 2 votes to Trump in the last election. Now Republicans here have put forth 2 schemes, in one they divide Omaha's vote in half, matching each half with outlying Republican counties and in case that fails to pass they're planning on endinig the split vote for presidential elections. Now you might understand why I'm not a Republican, they are devious, power hungry sick people who don't care about the public only their party only their candidates the reporting party above the job of serving the people.

Let me ask you a question: Are you familiar with the Dred Scott decision by the Supreme Court, some 160 years ago? It was a terrible judicial ruling, don't you think? And it was eventually overturned, right? Should we not as a people re-examine previous legal findings such as that one? If so, then who is to say what laws should be challenged and what laws not challenged? The answer to that question in our judicial system is the Supreme court itself, they review cases brought before them and decide which have merit or standing, right? I do not see a blatant disregard for the current law that you do (Roe v Wade), that is in fact what legislatures and Congress is supposed to do, create laws that may or may not follow previous rulings. Some people believe that a disregard for the Dred Scott decision was justified, and some people also believe the Row v Wade decision was a bad decision too, where an individual right was created without any real basis in the Constitution.

Obviously the Supreme Court did not agree with your assessment that the Texas law was criminal in nature, otherwise they would have allowed the stay of that law to remain in force. But they didn't do that, did they? It is after all now a conservative court, and one can easily see how political everything is these days, including the SCOTUS. But the Supreme court in 1973 that issued the Roe v Wade decision was decidedly liberal, and there are many who believed then and now that that decision was politically motivated. In any case, throwing words around concerning criminality is bullshit, just because someone else has a different opinion than yours does not make them a criminal for trying to change a bad law. Politicians do what politicians do, and generally they don't do stuff that their own constituencies don't like, cuz then they get voted out of office. Laws can change when the next Texas legislature is elected and convenes in 2023.
All the Supreme Court did was to allow private citizens to sue. That doesn't mean such lawsuits will be upheld as constitutional once defendants begin challenging being sued over an abortion which the Constitution allows.

All the Supreme Court did was to allow private citizens to sue. That doesn't mean such lawsuits will be upheld as constitutional once defendants begin challenging being sued over an abortion which the Constitution allows.
How can you sue someone over something that doesn't involve you, all these cases should be thrown out on that basis alone. The creators of the law should be charged with treason, encouraging Americans to spy on other Americans is not an American value, it's the betrayal of everything we stand for.

How can you sue someone over something that doesn't involve you, all these cases should be thrown out on that basis alone. The creators of the law should be charged with treason, encouraging Americans to spy on other Americans is not an American value, it's the betrayal of everything we stand for.
There are many flaws with that law. I don't see a single lawsuit stemming from it holding up.

In yet more late-night happenings, most of the conservative contingent of the Supreme Court let the Texas abortion ban stand just before midnight Wednesday.

The law went into effect early Wednesday morning, which has now left the second largest state in the country with virtually no access to legal abortions. The law bans abortions after six weeks of pregnancy, before many people even know that they’re pregnant.
The Texas law was crafted purposefully to make lawsuits difficult, as the law will be carried out by individual vigilantes and not state officials — therefore leaving no clear person to sue, at least before an individual has brought a suit against anyone “aiding or abetting” a post-six week abortion. The conservatives clung to that as rationale for denying the injunction.

Chief Justice John Roberts and the three liberal justices all wrote individual dissents.

“The court’s order is stunning,” Justice Sonia Sotomayor wrote scathingly. “Presented with an application to enjoin a flagrantly unconstitutional law engineered to prohibit women from exercising their constitutional rights and evade judicial scrutiny, a majority of justices have opted to bury their heads in the sand.”

First of all, I do not believe abortion is a constitutional right. Roe v Wade is widely seen as a decision by a liberal SCOTUS that stretches the right to privacy quite a bit. One day maybe this court will face that issue head on, is abortion a constitutional right or isn't it? The other thing is, should this be a federal decision or should it be up to the states to determine their own rules. I think I need to study the thinking about federalism a little more, IMHO the federal gov't shouldn't be making laws that the state and local gov'ts can and should decide for themselves.

"We just want the government out of our lives" some right wing dude.

In yet more late-night happenings, most of the conservative contingent of the Supreme Court let the Texas abortion ban stand just before midnight Wednesday.

The law went into effect early Wednesday morning, which has now left the second largest state in the country with virtually no access to legal abortions. The law bans abortions after six weeks of pregnancy, before many people even know that they’re pregnant.
The Texas law was crafted purposefully to make lawsuits difficult, as the law will be carried out by individual vigilantes and not state officials — therefore leaving no clear person to sue, at least before an individual has brought a suit against anyone “aiding or abetting” a post-six week abortion. The conservatives clung to that as rationale for denying the injunction.

Chief Justice John Roberts and the three liberal justices all wrote individual dissents.

“The court’s order is stunning,” Justice Sonia Sotomayor wrote scathingly. “Presented with an application to enjoin a flagrantly unconstitutional law engineered to prohibit women from exercising their constitutional rights and evade judicial scrutiny, a majority of justices have opted to bury their heads in the sand.”

First of all, I do not believe abortion is a constitutional right. Roe v Wade is widely seen as a decision by a liberal SCOTUS that stretches the right to privacy quite a bit. One day maybe this court will face that issue head on, is abortion a constitutional right or isn't it? The other thing is, should this be a federal decision or should it be up to the states to determine their own rules. I think I need to study the thinking about federalism a little more, IMHO the federal gov't shouldn't be making laws that the state and local gov'ts can and should decide for themselves.
Sonya Sotomayor is a deceived human being who does not respect powerless human beings in their developmental stage. Those on the Supreme Court who ruled on powerless future kids to be denied life liberty and the pursuit of happiness are thoroughly decieved by satanic demon forces that need to be cast out. HOW SICK IS IT TO KILL 70,000,000 human beings God gave life to so mommie dearest could count on commie mommies to go fund such hateful death and dismemberment of choosing death by murder rather than life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness for people in the womb unlucky enough to be hated enough by uncaring human beings practicing zero responsibility for the life given someone else?

Excuse me for my nausea of evil in the highest court in a free country for condemning formed human beings to such a sickening death and bloody murder that abortion is. Barf.

Thank god for Trump's moral clarity in appointing Conservatives to the Supreme Court.

Children will live now.

Hope a lot of other states rewrite their laws to mirror the Texas law.

Fuck the Liberal assholes that want to kill the children.

Texas already has a very high rate of maternal deaths. They compare to some 3rd world countries.

Sonya Sotomayor is a deceived human being who does not respect powerless human beings in their developmental stage. Those on the Supreme Court who ruled on powerless future kids to be denied life liberty and the pursuit of happiness are thoroughly decieved by satanic demon forces that need to be cast out. HOW SICK IS IT TO KILL 70,000,000 human beings God gave life to so mommie dearest could count on commie mommies to go fund such hateful death and dismemberment of choosing death by murder rather than life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness for people in the womb unlucky enough to be hated enough by uncaring human beings practicing zero responsibility for the life given someone else?

Excuse me for my nausea of evil in the highest court in a free country for condemning formed human beings to such a sickening death and bloody murder that abortion is. Barf.

Maternal Mortality and Morbidity in Texas
Jun 12, 2020 · The multidisciplinary review committee studies and reviews maternal death cases and statewide data trends, and makes recommendations impacting maternal mortality in Texas. More …

Maternal Mortality and Morbidity is on the rise in Texas ...
Maternal Mortality and Morbidity is on the rise. While maternal mortality is decreasing in most countries, maternal death rates in the U.S. have been increasing and Texas is recognized as having the highest …

Link, plz. Thx.

I have already posted everal links.

Excerpt:

Maternal mortality rates are still crazy high in America
Even with the misreporting errors, the U.S. still likely has one of the highest maternal mortality rates in the developed world. While other countries have placed a high priority on maternal health and have identified the many preventable causes of death, the U.S. has failed to do the same.

A 2017 investigation by ProPublica and NPR chronicled the myriad ways our healthcare system fails both pregnant women and new mothers (it’s long, but well-worth the read). Their investigation found that, in many cases, easily identifiable problems like preeclampsia take mothers’ lives because hospital workers don’t recognize the issues quickly enough. Women bleed out while doctors and nurses insist nothing is wrong, even as these women’s babies are given the highest standard of care.

For some experts, the problem is simple:

“The argument we make internationally is that [a high maternal death rate] is often a reflection of how the society views women,” Eugene Declercq, a maternal health expert at Boston University, told Vox. “In other countries, we worry about the culture — women are not particularly valued, so they don’t set up systems to care for them at all. I think we have a similar problem in the US.”

If America cared nearly as much about mothers as it did about their infants, many fewer would die. Just look at California.

California is a great example of how to reduce maternal deaths

I have already posted everal links.

Excerpt:

Maternal mortality rates are still crazy high in America
Even with the misreporting errors, the U.S. still likely has one of the highest maternal mortality rates in the developed world. While other countries have placed a high priority on maternal health and have identified the many preventable causes of death, the U.S. has failed to do the same.

A 2017 investigation by ProPublica and NPR chronicled the myriad ways our healthcare system fails both pregnant women and new mothers (it’s long, but well-worth the read). Their investigation found that, in many cases, easily identifiable problems like preeclampsia take mothers’ lives because hospital workers don’t recognize the issues quickly enough. Women bleed out while doctors and nurses insist nothing is wrong, even as these women’s babies are given the highest standard of care.

For some experts, the problem is simple:

“The argument we make internationally is that [a high maternal death rate] is often a reflection of how the society views women,” Eugene Declercq, a maternal health expert at Boston University, told Vox. “In other countries, we worry about the culture — women are not particularly valued, so they don’t set up systems to care for them at all. I think we have a similar problem in the US.”

If America cared nearly as much about mothers as it did about their infants, many fewer would die. Just look at California.

California is a great example of how to reduce maternal deaths

Your gun is pointed at Texas. Did you know that pregnant mothers who die in other states do not fault pregnancy. Their death certificates claim that death is due to "overdose of ...(fill in the blank...)"; "heart failure," "Covid," "respiratory failure," etc. So much for your unfortunate revelations of more "scientific" causes of death in pregnancy that are not acknowledged in the same way as Texas. And Democrats capitalize off the facts that deaths of pregnant women disclose whatever the Medical/Political causes are acceptable in other states than Texas. That's because of the scratch-their-eyes-out Donkey Party stubbornness and obfusicatory nature of the Party of liars and their expert liars in the Press that supports all the insane lies you are circle jerking on. Meh!

When the penalty for aborting after rape is more severe than the penalty for rape, that's when you know it's a war on women.
Pregnancy from rape accounts for less than 1% of abortions, and erm, if a female is raped, she will know that's there's a chance of pregnancy and see a doctor for the morning after pill.

Does a woman get raped, waits over 6 weeks and then suddenly thinks, "Shit I could be pregnant, I've missed the deadline"

Forum List

Back