Tesla's efficiency in speeding up the transition to clean transportation

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
Tesla is the most efficient car manufacturer in the US;

1643331852952.png

And now the Texas plant is beginning to spit out vehicles.

Tesla is the most efficient car manufacturer in the US;

View attachment 593576

And now the Texas plant is beginning to spit out vehicles.
When you see as many Tesla's as Camry's you know they are selling.

I believe that plant used to be a GM light truck plant (67-72).
Then it was a joint GM/Toyota... Fremont plant, one of GM's worst, a factory known for sex, drugs and defective vehicles.

When you see as many Tesla's as Camry's you know they are selling.

I believe that plant used to be a GM light truck plant (67-72).
Then it was a joint GM/Toyota... Fremont plant, one of GM's worst, a factory known for sex, drugs and defective vehicles.

How many Camry did Toyota sell in 2021?​

Toyota sold 313,795 Camry in 2021. (From Jan - Dec 2021)

302,000 vehicles in the US for 2021

Here's a great new engine that is even more efficient than electric.

Can I get a car that runs on the blood of endangered condors?

How many Camry did Toyota sell in 2021?​

Toyota sold 313,795 Camry in 2021. (From Jan - Dec 2021)

302,000 vehicles in the US for 2021
There you go. I see more and more Tesla's everyday.

There you go. I see more and more Tesla's everyday.
Okay but the President is not an engineer or cognizant of what can be done.

Most of the EPA have been Nazis when working with car manufacturers on implementing fuel efficiency in ICE. It's been a hostile relationship...

Above is a truly efficient motor that has great fuel efficiency and no harmful emissions. Can you explain how this isn't better technology than electric?

Besides... Tesla makes most of his money selling carbon credits and selling crypto currencies instead of making cars.

Most of the EPA have been Nazis when working with car manufacturers on implementing fuel efficiency in ICE. It's been a hostile relationship...

Above is a truly efficient motor that has great fuel efficiency and no harmful emissions. Can you explain how this isn't better technology than electric?

Besides... Tesla makes most of his money selling carbon credits and selling crypto currencies instead of making cars.
I wouldn't buy a Camry. Never thought about buying one either. I doubt the President would buy one either.

I wouldn't buy a Camry. Never thought about buying one either. I doubt the President would buy one either.
Im not a Toyota or Nissan fan either.

I preferred Dodge and Chevys myself. They seem to do better than Ford's.

It has a quoted efficiency of 60%. Electric motors run from 75% efficiency to 95% efficiency depending on the size of the motor. Higher horsepower motors being the most efficient.

It has a quoted efficiency of 60%. Electric motors run from 75% efficiency to 95% efficiency depending on the size of the motor. Higher horsepower motors being the most efficient.

The newest electric motor designs are fantastic for a lot of reasons. I love the engineering on them and the advancement in technology they provide.

But that still doesn't mean that the proof of concept of fully electric cars is feasible.

Doesn't mean that eventually it won't one day be either.

But 20 minute charge times are for the birds... especially when apartments can't/won't have charging stations.

The newest electric motor designs are fantastic for a lot of reasons. I love the engineering on them and the advancement in technology they provide.

But that still doesn't mean that the proof of concept of fully electric cars is feasible.

Doesn't mean that eventually it won't one day be either.

But 20 minute charge times are for the birds... especially when apartments can't/won't have charging stations.
As the batteries get increasingly energy dense, that will cease to be a problem.

As the batteries get increasingly energy dense, that will cease to be a problem.

Energy density is only one issue. Charge times AND availability for population dense areas ,(urban environment) are two more that haven't been addressed.

Also increased demand on currently strained electric grids is another. Then there's the whole disaster zone issues when electric grids are down or needing evacuation.

Forum List

Back