Terri Schiavo's Husband: Jeb Bush 'Put Me Through Hell'

Who?
WHo the fuck cares?
The only--ONLY--reason you give a shit is because with Mitt out Jeb looks like the RINO choice, so you have to dig up some shit about some woman from 20 years ago that no one, including you, really give a fuck about. Using other people's tragedies for your advatnage. Yup, you're a lib.
Cocksucker.
Shit from 20 years ago?

Like a blowjob in the Oval Office?

I'm just trying to establish which measuring stick we are going to be using.

Bill never wanted Monica or Hillary dead. That I know of.

Michael on the other hand was the driving force to kill Terri.

I love it. I want it. Let's get Michael Schiavo on the front burner again.

I am glad he came out bitching. This time. Let's roast the bastard who could not wait till his wife was dead to embrace another.

Mike so glad you raised your ugly head again.

Oh and thank you Lakhota for making sure we knew he was out there because every Easter I have tried to put him behind me.

There were no "Teri's silent screams", and there was no "torture." She was not aware of, and did not make sentient response to, her parents.

Any who suggest such have no idea of what was happening.

Tax dollars should have been used to keep her alive, not private money. If that had been the case, perhaps she might still be alive. It is a double standard to support life but then put it on the private citizen in a case like this. So the taxpayers should have been able to pay more taxes to keep her alive.

So now the left is concerned with government overreach yet when President Obama bypassed Congress on immigration and did something that he claimed multiple times he did not have the authority to do you were fine with it.
The problem I have with this is that the left does not actually care about overreach but the right claims to.

The left essentially believes the government all powerful and can do anything not specifically denied in the constitution. In that, this case was completely in line with the left interfering. The right, OTOH, claims to be about smaller government and personal rights (and yes, that includes rights of the FAMILY) and yet here they are again supporting the government getting involved. Inconsistent and intellectually dishonest.

Tax dollars should have been used to keep her alive, not private money. If that had been the case, perhaps she might still be alive. It is a double standard to support life but then put it on the private citizen in a case like this. So the taxpayers should have been able to pay more taxes to keep her alive.

Not my tax dollars! Did you see her brain scans? Autopsy reports? BTW, what do you consider being "alive"?

CNN.com - Autopsy: No sign Schiavo was abused - Findings show woman's brain 'profoundly atrophied'- Jun 15 2005

Last edited:
Why and for what purpose?

Her brain was not intact. When another poster mentioned that her brain was liquid that was not an exaggeration - it had LITERALLY liquidated. You do do NOT come back form that. There is no recovering when there is no organ to recover with.

Good bit from the article:

“Authority for the Governor to Issue a One-time Stay …”

Gelber looked up.

“I don’t have to read anymore,” he said. “It’s clearly unconstitutional.”

“The governor can’t just change an order of the court,” Gelber explained this month. “It’s one of the most elemental concepts of democracy: The governor is not a king.”

Read more: Jeb Put Me Through Hell - POLITICO Magazine

The seven state supreme court judges took less than a month to dismiss unanimously “Terri’s Law.”

“If the Legislature with the assent of the Governor can do what was attempted here,” chief justice Barbara Pariente wrote in her ruling, “the judicial branch would be subordinated to the final directive of the other branches. Also subordinated would be the rights of individuals, including the well-established privacy right to self-determination. No court judgment could ever be considered truly final and no constitutional right truly secure, because the precedent of this case would hold to the contrary. Vested rights could be stripped away based on popular clamor. The essential core of what the Founding Fathers sought to change from their experience with English rule would be lost …”

"In June, the medical examiner released Terri Schiavo’s autopsy, which confirmed what the judges had ruled for years based on the testimony from doctors concerning her prognosis. Her limbs had atrophied, and her hands had clenched into claws, and her brain had started to disappear. It weighed barely more than a pound and a third, less than half the size it would have been under normal circumstances.

“No remaining discernible neurons,” the autopsy said. She couldn’t see. She couldn’t feel, not even pain. Forty-one years after her birth, 15 years after her collapse, Terri Schiavo was literally a shell of who she had been.

Palm Sunday Compromise

President Bush and Congressional Republicans anticipated Greer's adverse ruling well before it was delivered and worked on a daily basis to find an alternative means of overturning the legal process by utilizing the authority of the United States Congress. On March 20, 2005, the Senate, by unanimous consent, passed their version of a relief bill; since the vote was taken by voice vote, there was no official tally of those voting in favor and those opposed. Soon after Senate approval, the House of Representatives passed an identical version of the bill S.686, which came to be called the "Palm Sunday Compromise" and transferred jurisdiction of the Schiavo case to the federal courts. The bill passed the House on March 21, 2005 at 12:41 a.m. (UTC-5). U.S. President George W. Bush flew to Washington, D.C. from his vacation in Texas in order to sign the bill into law at 1:11 a.m.

While the bill had been proposed by Republican Senators Rick Santorum and Mel Martinez, it also had the support of Democratic Senator Tom Harkin due to disability rights concerns in the Schiavo case. Harkin had worked with disability rights groups for years and co-authored the 1990 Americans with Disabilities Act.[5] American disability rights groups traditionally tend to ally themselves with Democrats and the political left,[5] however, in the Schiavo case they joined pro-life organizations in opposing the removal of her feeding tube and supporting the Palm Sunday Compromise.[58] According to Marilyn Golden, Harkin's support was necessary for passage of the bill, as any voice opposition by Democrats would have delayed it.[5]

As in the state courts, all of the Schindlers' federal petitions and appeals were denied, and the U.S. Supreme Court declined to grant certiorari, effectively ending the Schindlers' judicial options. At the same time, the so-called Schiavo memo surfaced, causing a political firestorm. The memo was written by Brian Darling, the legal counsel to Florida Republican senator Mel Martinez. It suggested the Schiavo case offered "a great political issue" that would appeal to the party's base (core supporters) and could be used against Senator Bill Nelson, a Democrat from Florida, because he had refused to co-sponsor the bill.[59] Nelson easily won re-election in 2006.

Senator and physician Bill Frist opposed the removal of her feeding tube and in a speech delivered on the Senate Floor, challenged the diagnosis of Schiavo's physicians of Schiavo being in a persistent vegetative state (PVS): "I question it based on a review of the video footage which I spent an hour or so looking at last night in my office".[60] Frist was criticized by a medical ethicist at Northwestern University for making a diagnosis without personally examining the patient and for questioning the diagnosis when he was not a neurologist.[61] After her death, the autopsy showed signs of long-term and irreversible damage to a brain consistent with PVS.[62] Frist defended his actions after the autopsy.[63]

Terri Schiavo case - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Rightwingers are very selective regarding when and where Big Government should interfere.

The Bushes are known for government overreach. Because they believe they know what's best for us, we're stuck with the Patriot Act.

Imagine your government controlling every aspect of your life as well as your death. That's what the right wants and that's exactly what Jeb demonstrated when he stuck his nose into this case.

rev_schiavo.jpg

CLEARWATER, Fla.—Sitting recently on his brick back patio here, Michael Schiavo called Jeb Bush a vindictive, untrustworthy coward.

For years, the self-described “average Joe” felt harassed, targeted and tormented by the most important person in the state.

“It was a living hell,” he said, “and I blame him.”

Michael Schiavo was the husband of Terri Schiavo, the brain-dead woman from the Tampa Bay area who ended up at the center of one of the most contentious, drawn-out conflicts in the history of America’s culture wars. The fight over her death lasted almost a decade. It started as a private legal back-and-forth between her husband and her parents. Before it ended, it moved from circuit courts to district courts to state courts to federal courts, to the U.S. Supreme Court, from the state legislature in Tallahassee to Congress in Washington. The president got involved. So did the pope.

But it never would have become what it became if not for the dogged intervention of the governor of Florida at the time, the second son of the 41st president, the younger brother of the 43rd, the man who sits near the top of the extended early list of likely 2016 Republican presidential candidates. On sustained, concentrated display, seen in thousands of pages of court records and hundreds of emails he sent, was Jeb the converted Catholic, Jeb the pro-life conservative, Jeb the hands-on workaholic, Jeb the all-hours emailer—confident, competitive, powerful, obstinate Jeb. Longtime watchers of John Ellis Bush say what he did throughout the Terri Schiavo case demonstrates how he would operate in the Oval Office. They say it’s the Jebbest thing Jeb’s ever done.

The case showed he “will pursue whatever he thinks is right, virtually forever,” said Aubrey Jewett, a political science professor at the University of Central Florida. “It’s a theme of Jeb’s governorship: He really pushed executive power to the limits.”

I remember this case very well. It was supreme government overreach by Governor Bush and President Bush.

Keep it up, I don't like Bush anyway.

The ghost of Terri Schiavo may haunt Jeb's presidential ambitions.

Jeb Bush made a family tragedy into a family horror. He willingly put the power of his office behind lunatics who were jumping fences, calling bomb threats into elementary schools, putting bounties on Michael Schiavo's head, and endagering great people doing wonderful work at a hospice. This episode shouldn't be an obscure part of his past. It should define him as a politician, and as a man.

Bush Made Family Tragedy Into A Family Horror With The Schiavos - Esquire

Government involvement in the Terri Schiavo case - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

rev_schiavo.jpg

CLEARWATER, Fla.—Sitting recently on his brick back patio here, Michael Schiavo called Jeb Bush a vindictive, untrustworthy coward.

For years, the self-described “average Joe” felt harassed, targeted and tormented by the most important person in the state.

“It was a living hell,” he said, “and I blame him.”

Michael Schiavo was the husband of Terri Schiavo, the brain-dead woman from the Tampa Bay area who ended up at the center of one of the most contentious, drawn-out conflicts in the history of America’s culture wars. The fight over her death lasted almost a decade. It started as a private legal back-and-forth between her husband and her parents. Before it ended, it moved from circuit courts to district courts to state courts to federal courts, to the U.S. Supreme Court, from the state legislature in Tallahassee to Congress in Washington. The president got involved. So did the pope.

But it never would have become what it became if not for the dogged intervention of the governor of Florida at the time, the second son of the 41st president, the younger brother of the 43rd, the man who sits near the top of the extended early list of likely 2016 Republican presidential candidates. On sustained, concentrated display, seen in thousands of pages of court records and hundreds of emails he sent, was Jeb the converted Catholic, Jeb the pro-life conservative, Jeb the hands-on workaholic, Jeb the all-hours emailer—confident, competitive, powerful, obstinate Jeb. Longtime watchers of John Ellis Bush say what he did throughout the Terri Schiavo case demonstrates how he would operate in the Oval Office. They say it’s the Jebbest thing Jeb’s ever done.

The case showed he “will pursue whatever he thinks is right, virtually forever,” said Aubrey Jewett, a political science professor at the University of Central Florida. “It’s a theme of Jeb’s governorship: He really pushed executive power to the limits.”

I remember this case very well. It was supreme government overreach by Governor Bush and President Bush.
You would think the hell he went through would have been his wife dying and him wanting to kill her off for the insurance money but I guess not.

Forum List

Back