Tennessee Rep. Marsha Blackburn Defends Sacred Right To Buy Crappy Insurance

How about my right to decide for myself what type of insurance I need or want? How about letting me decide if the insurance I have or want is crappy or not? Despite what the President and other's in the government might think I'm more than capable of making my own decisions in matters like this I can decide if something is crappy or substandard on my own thank you very fucking much.

How about we take down all the speed limit signs and trust that everyone is more capable of deciding what's a safe speed than is the government?

I'll see your strawman and raise you......

The speed limit signs don't say "go as fast as you want". Then when someone speeds the cop pulls them over, writes them a ticket and says "fuck what the sign says, speed limit is 30 mph".

What about my rights to not use part of my tax monies to compensate for losses due to cheap insurance that doesn't fully pay the bill?

And how much is that per year?

How much tax money is going toward paying the medical bills of the voluntarily uninsured?

Hmm? I bet you have NO idea and are just parroting someone's bullet point you heard.

Instead of guessing how about some simple research and following these links???

Here is what a hospital CEO said how he recoups "uncompensated expenses"
"How do hospitals deal with the cost of the uninsured? Like any business, we pass it on to the paying customers.”
From PAGE 1 of this document: http://www.ncmedicaljournal.com/wp-content/uploads/NCMJ/mar-apr-05/Yarbrough.pdf

FACT ... there is a database I've access to of the 6,000 hospitals and what they billed Medicare... here is one for example:
Florida Hospital Tampa 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, FL 33613
In 2011 Hospital in Tampa sent Medicare 1,362 claims for CAT scan no contrast.
Each claim averaged $3,463, i.e. what the hospital billed Medicare...
The hospital's ACTUAL COSTS to perform the CAT SCAN was $57 a mark up 5,975.44%

Now NOT all hospitals markup by 6,000% BUT most markup easily 400% or more when billing Medicare!
And Medicare accepts that because of EMTALA!

Other studies have estimated that the bills for all types of health care that the uninsured cannot pay – the uncompensated cost of care – is up to $73 billion a year, a significant portion of which is shifted into higher costs for Americans with insurance and their employers
Most uninsured unable to pay hospital bills according to new HHS report

So...no tax money is lost.

The estimates of how much is passed on to the insured vary from $37 billion to $73 billion.

We spend $2.4 TRILLION a year on healthcare. So the uninsured are responsible for adding 1.5 to 3 percent to that amount.

Last edited:
How about my right to decide for myself what type of insurance I need or want? How about letting me decide if the insurance I have or want is crappy or not? Despite what the President and other's in the government might think I'm more than capable of making my own decisions in matters like this I can decide if something is crappy or substandard on my own thank you very fucking much.

How about we take down all the speed limit signs and trust that everyone is more capable of deciding what's a safe speed than is the government?

hey dumbass.....your driving habits affects everyone on that highway, hence the need for group laws of the road.......you getting a Policy that suits your needs affects only YOU.....

Last edited:
Vote+for+Obama,+Asshole.jpg

Lot's of those Escalades in my neighborhood. But then everyone that lives in my neighborhood is a one percenter, and some are afraid that they're going to have to pay the same effective income tax as you do.

Ah yes - envy. The corner stone of everything a Dumbocrat believes in.

If the "1%" paid "the same effective tax as you do" we'd have to cut their taxes by about 98%. But hey, don't ever let the facts get in the way of your false narrative.

What about my rights to not use part of my tax monies to compensate for losses due to cheap insurance that doesn't fully pay the bill?

OR

Does this opinion of the Republican Rep. Marsha Blackburn have more to do with insurance companies ability to make higher profits from crap policies?

Read more at Tennessee Rep. Marsha Blackburn Defends Sacred Right To Buy Cheap Shoes, Crappy Insurance

Clear this up for me, will ya? Is Marsha Blackburn Tweedledum and Michelle Bachmann Tweedledee, or vice versa?

OR

Does this opinion of the Republican Rep. Marsha Blackburn have more to do with insurance companies ability to make higher profits from crap policies?

Read more at Tennessee Rep. Marsha Blackburn Defends Sacred Right To Buy Cheap Shoes, Crappy Insurance

What losses due to crappy insurance? Be specific here, or admit that this whole "crappy insurance" scam is nothing but a pathetic attempt to cover up a lie.

By the way, what is the different between a pre Obamacare crappy plan with a $5,500 detectible and an official Obamacare crappy plan with a $5,500 deductible?

Last edited:

OR

She's for choice.

You know, as in more than one choice.

How is creating choice when it's detrimental to taxpayers that she 'supposed' to be representing? Or is her first priority corporations?

If she was for corporations she would be pushing Obamacare, like Obama does.

The only policies that are being terminated are 'crap' policies. How long did it take you to decide on a 'crap' policy? And why would you pay for a 'crap' policy?

Also, what's the name of your government plan? Aetna? UHC? Humana? etc. What is it?

Crap policies? Who are you to say they are 'crap' policies? How are they 'crap' policies to begin with? Naturally, I wouldn't pick a crap policy. Even if I did, I would like to be able to select a crap policy without my government breathing down my neck.

In all seriousness, people picked these plans because they suited their needs the best. Not because they were 'crap' policies. How does a Cadillac plan all of a sudden become "substandard" under Obamacare? Yours is a shitty excuse for cancelling the insurance of over 2,100,000 people.

I don't have any insurance right now. Reason being the market has been thrown into such a state of chaos, I'd dare not

What people like you don't understand and don't want to understand is that there are provisions in the ACA that require the insurance companies to sell policies that aren't crap,

or pay the price for doing so:

Beyond Rebates: How Much Are Consumers Saving from the ACA?s Medical Loss Ratio Provision? | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

"Aren't crap" means they provide maternity coverage even if you are past child bearing age. they also include coverage for sex change operations, drug abuse treatment, psychiatric care, birth control, abortion and a host of other things a lot of people don't need and don't want.

OR

[MENTION=43400]OnePercenter[/MENTION],

I guess I have three questions:

1. How do you know that insurance companies "make higher profits from crap policies"? This may be true, but I'd like to see some empirical evidence on that. I'm sure you have some info on that, since you brought it up.

2. I keep hearing about these "crap policies". You must be seeing myriad data on these policies, such as deductibles, co-pays, co-insurance, schedules of benefits and premiums paid for them, and how they offer lousy coverage for the price. Could you direct me to the evidence that these are "crap policies"? What are examples of "crap policies" that you've seen?

3. You mention "cheap insurance that doesn't fully pay the bill". ACA policies have significant deductibles, some of them several thousand dollars, as well as co-pays and co-insurance. Can you tell me precisely how these ACA policies "fully pay the bill"?

I'd just like to see some details on what appears to be the primary spin on the fact that Obama lied to us on dozens of occasions. At the moment, I'm drowning in platitudes and generalities.

Last edited:

OR

What losses due to crappy insurance? Be specific here, or admit that this whole "crappy insurance" scam is nothing but a pathetic attempt to cover up a lie.

By the way, what is the different between a pre Obamacare crappy plan with a $5,500 detectible and an official Obamacare crappy plan with a $5,500 deductible?

I've never had a plan with more than a $2,500 deductible. How is someone who makes $30,000/yr ever going to pay a $5,500 deductible?

OR

As always - the idiot Dumbocrat creates the problem and then cries the loudest about the problem. Then they suggest a "fix" for the problem they created themselves which is exponentially worse than the original problem. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Atlas Shrugged, anyone?!?

[MENTION=43400]OnePercenter[/MENTION], the beauty of the free market is that you are completely and totally empowered to get up off of your lazy ass and "fix" it yourself without forcing other people to do your bidding like a mini-Saddam Hussein. So why don't you create a health insurance company which doesn't offer "crappy" insurance, but instead offers cadillac plan insurance (oh wait, that's right, cadillac plans were outlawed by Obama in Obamacare - which was designed to create "affordable, quality health insurance" - which is exactly what a cadillac plan is but then was outlawed... but I digress). So anyway - why don't you offer exceptional plans to the American people?

Despite all the current problems with the website, and a number of other problems, what bothers me is the fact that most of you cons believe there was no problem with our healthcare system before the ACA. This simple fact is what assures me that the vast majority of you are just clueless.

The one thing the ACA has done is helped people begin to actually understand just how expensive healthcare is and how much we are actually spending on it. For those of you who believe you can get good insurance for $200 or $300 per month and have it cover most of your medical expenses, you are living in some fantasy world.

We are spending over $700 per month for every single person living in this country regardless of their age or whether they are a legal resident or not. Somebody has to pay for that.

OR

I've never had a plan with more than a $2,500 deductible. How is someone who makes $30,000/yr ever going to pay a $5,500 deductible?

Generally, anyone buying a plan with such a large deductible is healthy and most likely will never hit that deductible. If something happens in a given year and they do, then at least they are covered for the major bills. But all of this just gets back to the point of how much healthcare actually costs in this country. People who make $30,000 per year cannot afford to pay for all of their healthcare on their own. It's basically impossible. When you understand that we are paying $8500 per year per person, you can see a person making $30,000 per year can't afford that. And what if that person is trying to support a couple of kids. Now the healthcare costs are over $25,000 per year.

Now we all know that person making $30,000 is not paying their full share of the $8500 or if they have kids, the $25,500. But somebody is paying for it. It ain't free.

Crap policies? Who are you to say they are 'crap' policies? How are they 'crap' policies to begin with? Naturally, I wouldn't pick a crap policy. Even if I did, I would like to be able to select a crap policy without my government breathing down my neck.

In all seriousness, people picked these plans because they suited their needs the best. Not because they were 'crap' policies. How does a Cadillac plan all of a sudden become "substandard" under Obamacare? Yours is a shitty excuse for cancelling the insurance of over 2,100,000 people.

I don't have any insurance right now. Reason being the market has been thrown into such a state of chaos, I'd dare not

What people like you don't understand and don't want to understand is that there are provisions in the ACA that require the insurance companies to sell policies that aren't crap,

or pay the price for doing so:

Beyond Rebates: How Much Are Consumers Saving from the ACA?s Medical Loss Ratio Provision? | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Sorry, not falling for your bunk tonight. The entire law itself is crap. It doesn't matter what provisions say what. If only 6 people managed to sign up for the damned thing, what good will these provisions do? At the 24 hour rate of enrollment we saw on Oct 1, it would take 3,196 years for 7 million people to sign up for Obamacare.

Stop defending it. This is the end of the line for the ACA. Those 2.1 million people aren't saving money by being kicked off their plans and forced into more expensive ones. You can take that nonsense elsewhere.

So states this supremely wise 25 year old:lol:

Sorry kid, you obviously don't know shit from shinola. Get back to us when you have grown up.

The one thing the ACA has done is helped people begin to actually understand just how expensive healthcare is and how much we are actually spending on it. For those of you who believe you can get good insurance for $200 or $300 per month and have it cover most of your medical expenses, you are living in some fantasy world.

Yeah, they're beginning to understand that it's a whole lot more expensive under Obamacare. Somehow we are supposed to believe they are benefiting when they have to pay twice as much for a policy with deductibles that are twice as big and co-pays that that are twice as high.

Generally, anyone buying a plan with such a large deductible is healthy and most likely will never hit that deductible. If something happens in a given year and they do, then at least they are covered for the major bills. But all of this just gets back to the point of how much healthcare actually costs in this country. People who make $30,000 per year cannot afford to pay for all of their healthcare on their own. It's basically impossible. When you understand that we are paying $8500 per year per person, you can see a person making $30,000 per year can't afford that. And what if that person is trying to support a couple of kids. Now the healthcare costs are over $25,000 per year.

Now we all know that person making $30,000 is not paying their full share of the $8500 or if they have kids, the $25,500. But somebody is paying for it. It ain't free.

The problem with your explanation is that prior to Obamacare they could afford insurance.

Last edited:

And how much is that per year?

How much tax money is going toward paying the medical bills of the voluntarily uninsured?

Hmm? I bet you have NO idea and are just parroting someone's bullet point you heard.

Less tax money now than before, that's how much. How much difference in tax dollars does ending funding for PBS make?

What's more expensive...finding out you have diabetes when it's time to cut your leg off or when it can be treated?

Forum List

Back