Tennessee Rednecks Keep On Thumpin'

So you are in support of the liberal anti-free speech movement.

Or is it that your hate for people of faith has blinded you from supporting Constitutional rights?

I believe in separation of church and state.

Even though many people now say that they don't believe in separation of church and state, if that were ever compromised, most of them would start screaming FOR the separation. They have no idea what it means to tear down that wall.

Hey..........if you're gonna allow a Bible study at recess for the Christians, the same thing needs to be allowed for those Muslims who want to study the Koran.

I believe in separation of church and state.

Even though many people now say that they don't believe in separation of church and state, if that were ever compromised, most of them would start screaming FOR the separation. They have no idea what it means to tear down that wall.

Hey..........if you're gonna allow a Bible study at recess for the Christians, the same thing needs to be allowed for those Muslims who want to study the Koran.

What about Wiccans..........the only difference is the public's attitude about it.

What about Wiccans..........the only difference is the public's attitude about it.

Hey, if you open it up for one, you're gonna have to open it up for all.

Just a quick question for everyone to think about...........

If you're going to allow a Christian based Bible study during recess, then you also have to allow one for Hindus, and Koran studying Muslims.

Are you cool with allowing ALL religious studies during recess (which also allows time for prostelytizing and sharing their faith)?

I mean..........will you allow Muslims to preach THEIR faith at recess as well?

The SCOTUS has ruled that prayers are allowed at graduations, but it has to be instituted by the students themselves and not by the faculty or administration. I think this case may not be quite as cut and dried as some think it is or should be.

If you're going to allow a Christian based Bible study during recess, then you also have to allow one for Hindus, and Koran studying Muslims.

Are you cool with allowing ALL religious studies during recess (which also allows time for prostelytizing and sharing their faith)?

The SCOTUS has ruled that prayers are allowed at graduations, but it has to be instituted by the students themselves and not by the faculty or administration. I think this case may not be quite as cut and dried as some think it is or should be.

But what about this particular instance where a kid is going out at recess and reading Bible verses with other students?

Would it be okay if some other kids decided to start Koran readings for those of the Muslim faith?

If you allow Christians, you've gotta allow everyone else as well (including Wiccans).

But what about this particular instance where a kid is going out at recess and reading Bible verses with other students?

Would it be okay if some other kids decided to start Koran readings for those of the Muslim faith?

If you allow Christians, you've gotta allow everyone else as well (including Wiccans).

No one needs a book to talk about religion. Your question is silly. How do you propose to monitor every word a kid says at recess? If parents don't want their kids listening to another kid talking about his/her religion tell their kid to play with someone else! Oh, and BTW, the SCOTUS has already rules that students in public schools have fundamental rights and freedom of speech as long as it does not disrupt the classes..

In Tinker v. Des Moines Independent Community School District, 393 U.S. 503 (1969), the Supreme Court extended free speech rights to students in school. The case involved several students who were punished for wearing black armbands to protest the Vietnam War. The Supreme Court ruled that the school could not restrict symbolic speech that did not cause undue interruptions of school activities. Justice Abe Fortas wrote,

chools may not be enclaves of totalitarianism. School officials do not possess absolute authority over their students. Students...are possessed of fundamental rights which the State must respect, just as they themselves must respect their obligations to the State.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Last edited:

No one needs a book to talk about religion. Your question is silly. How do you propose to monitor every word a kid says at recess? If parents don't want their kids listening to another kid talking about his/her religion tell their kid to play with someone else! Oh, and BTW, the SCOTUS has already rules that students in public schools have fundamental rights and freedom of speech as long as it does not disrupt the classes..

In Tinker v. Des Moines Independent Community School District, 393 U.S. 503 (1969), the Supreme Court extended free speech rights to students in school. The case involved several students who were punished for wearing black armbands to protest the Vietnam War. The Supreme Court ruled that the school could not restrict symbolic speech that did not cause undue interruptions of school activities. Justice Abe Fortas wrote,

chools may not be enclaves of totalitarianism. School officials do not possess absolute authority over their students. Students...are possessed of fundamental rights which the State must respect, just as they themselves must respect their obligations to the State.

First Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're right, nobody needs a book to talk about religion, however, reading a Bible in the playground with others, talking about what they read is actually a Bible study, and that is essentially what this kid is doing.

Like I said, if you allow it for Christians, will you also allow it for Muslims?

First Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're right, nobody needs a book to talk about religion, however, reading a Bible in the playground with others, talking about what they read is actually a Bible study, and that is essentially what this kid is doing.

Like I said, if you allow it for Christians, will you also allow it for Muslims?

You may be surprised at the outcome of these appeals.

Thanks for the news, you knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, inbred welfare case.

Gandha had a saying about "christians" like you.

Why are you nonbelievers always quoting a believer? ??

Here's what Gandhi actually said.....

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi

And to tell you the truth? I kinda agree with him, as many Christians today spend a lot of time beating others over the head with their faith.

Santorum is a realy good example.

Gandha had a saying about "christians" like you.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi

And to tell you the truth? I kinda agree with him, as many Christians today spend a lot of time beating others over the head with their faith.

Whether he was correct or incorrect is not my point. My point is that the people who are non believers on here are always quoting him about the wayward ways of Christians. He was a believer:
I am a Christian, a Hindu, a Muslim, and a Jew'
The Hindu : `I am a Christian, a Hindu, a Muslim, and a Jew'

And if someone doesn't believe there is a god, then how can they possibly presume to tell Christians how the Christian god, who they do not believe is real, wants Christians to act? They are as silly as shit when they pull this stuff.

Kudos to you for spelling his name correctly, though.

Why do you quote passages from the Bible ALL the time, yet you don't believe in that fairy in the sky? How can you prove a point by quoting something you say you don't believe in?

When I was in my 20's I had most of the new testament committed to memory.....chapter and verse. Most people who claim to be Christians can't quote 10 verses and get it right. My problem is that none of them actually live the way the new testament instructs them to. They think their translation of what a preacher tells them is all they need. The preacher is telling them exactly what he knows they want to hear. Anything to keep the money coming in. Kinda funny that in the old testament god told Noah the exact measurements by which to build the ark. There is nothing in the new testament about how to build a church. The whole thing is a man's game devised to control and get into other people's pockets. That's not just my opinion....that's the truth.

I don't go to church, for the fact that i've had a hard time finding one that i feel is a REAL Bible/God teaching church. But God also said where 2 or more gather in His name, He will be there also. A church doesn't have to be a building, it's a gathering of His believers. So some of us meet weekly for prayer and Bible study on our own.

It's too bad that you had such a bad experience and now have turned away from Him. The bad part is you let what PEOPLE have done turn you away from your Lord.
My church can be a clearing in the forest or the seat of my Harley Davidson. It's where ever I feel close to my Creator.

Whether he was correct or incorrect is not my point. My point is that the people who are non believers on here are always quoting him about the wayward ways of Christians. He was a believer:

And if someone doesn't believe there is a god, then how can they possibly presume to tell Christians how the Christian god, who they do not believe is real, wants Christians to act? They are as silly as shit when they pull this stuff.

You know, I catch a lot of crap for telling people that I'm a Taoist who also studies Buddhist, Jewish and (some) Christianity, but Christianity has twisted the message over the years that it's not really the same as what Yeshua taught 2,000 years ago.

Tell a Christian that God is too big to be confined to just one belief system, and you'll get a whole lot of blowback from that. Matter of fact, last summer I was coming back from the park down the street and some Baptist Bible thumper stopped his car to talk to me because I had a sign on my backpack that said "telepathy lessons".

He immediately told me that I was going to hell, because telepathy was something from Satan, and I was in danger of my immortal soul. Interestingly enough, the Jews believe that 2 of the attributes (or "senses") of the soul is telepathy and precognition.

He then asked me if I was saved via Jesus, and I told him, no.......not really because I don't follow the tenants of Christianity like he did. He then told me that the only way to get to Heaven was to believe in Christ and ask for forgiveness.

I then asked him what about those of the rest of the world, like the Jews, the Hindus, the Buddhists, etc., were they going to hell as well? If so, why would someone of a different faith be consigned to Christian hell (which is basically what he was saying)?

He then told me I was too smart for him, and he left in a hurry.

But like I said, tell a Christian that God is too big to be contained in just 1 belief system, and they'll want to burn you at the stake for being a heretic.

You know, I catch a lot of crap for telling people that I'm a Taoist who also studies Buddhist, Jewish and (some) Christianity, but Christianity has twisted the message over the years that it's not really the same as what Yeshua taught 2,000 years ago.

Tell a Christian that God is too big to be confined to just one belief system, and you'll get a whole lot of blowback from that. Matter of fact, last summer I was coming back from the park down the street and some Baptist Bible thumper stopped his car to talk to me because I had a sign on my backpack that said "telepathy lessons".

He immediately told me that I was going to hell, because telepathy was something from Satan, and I was in danger of my immortal soul. Interestingly enough, the Jews believe that 2 of the attributes (or "senses") of the soul is telepathy and precognition.

He then asked me if I was saved via Jesus, and I told him, no.......not really because I don't follow the tenants of Christianity like he did. He then told me that the only way to get to Heaven was to believe in Christ and ask for forgiveness.

I then asked him what about those of the rest of the world, like the Jews, the Hindus, the Buddhists, etc., were they going to hell as well? If so, why would someone of a different faith be consigned to Christian hell (which is basically what he was saying)?

He then told me I was too smart for him, and he left in a hurry.

But like I said, tell a Christian that God is too big to be contained in just 1 belief system, and they'll want to burn you at the stake for being a heretic.

Well, I lived in Nashville, the buckle on the Bible Belt, and I don't recall any stake burnings. Of course I do have several messages from you that downloaded to my hotmail account that is some of the worst verbal abuse I have ever encountered. So, I discount most of what you say about religion of any kind. I don't know any Taoists who talk like that. So, you aren't a real good example.

Yes, actually, I am. I was born and raised a Christian and an American. I believe in freedom of religion, not freedom from religion.

Yes, actually, I am. I was born and raised a Christian and an American. I believe in freedom of religion, not freedom from religion.

Question is............how many other Islamophobic Christians would share your views? Me? I'd agree, if you allow one, you've got to allow everyone else, but like I said, if a student brought a Koran into school and started reading it at recess with some of their friends, Christian parents would be screaming bloody murder.

BTW dude..........you're right...........one of the best places I've found to be able to speak with God was either riding my Harley through the mountains of Colorado and New Mexico, watching the Creation breeze past and telling Father how much I like it here.

I also do the same thing on a bicycle. On trips of 500 miles or more (yes, on a bicycle) it's really nice to have someone to talk to.

But then again, like the old saying goes, if you talk to God, it's called prayer, but when He talks to you, most people call that paranoid schizophrenia.

Forum List

Back