Tennessee Department Of Education Rejects Complaint Filed Under Anti-Critical Race Theory Law

Such is the authoritarian, big government right.

Seems like they are now trying to cancel MLK Jr.

The thing is, they can't cancel MLK Jr. They might succeed in doing that in some red states but the rest of the world won't and those who grow up not getting a complete and proper education will be behind the rest of the world. They won't do well on SAT tests nor will they be able to get into good colleges after high school either.

This is very short sighted and a huge disservice to the young people in those states.

On a personal note:

I had the honor of working with MLK III once.

I was very nervous to work with the son of one of my life long heroes but he was very nice and gracious. The day went well.

The only reason why the department of education rejected it was because the complaint was filed before the law went into effect.

They will refile it.

It will be interesting to see what the Tennessee department of education does.

For all you people out there who support this type of censorship, you are going too far.

You also don't realize that at least with most students, the first thing they are going to read is what they are told they are forbidden to know and read.

Removing certain history from schools doesn't remove the truth.

It also puts those students at a huge disadvantage with the students who weren't forbidden from learning subjects that the far right doesn't like.

It will continue to put people from red states farther behind the rest of the world.

So go ahead, try to remove MLK Jr's march on Washington DC from being taught to students in red states. That march includes his "I Have A Dream" speech.

Just be prepared for the consequences.

Will they teach that the I have a dream speech was plagiarized from a republican? Will they teach about his alcoholism, his love of white prostitutes. Oh I know. Have a lesson on how he sent black little girls to face down maniac, Bull Connor ALONE, while he turned fire hoses on them.
The rest of the world does not care about black angst and their puke about white supremacy. The rest of the world is learning math, science, engineering, classic philosophy and is unconcerned that America is suffering black inflicted wounds. The rest of the world doesn't think math is racist, knows that Cleopatra was really Greek and doesn't give The Trail of Tears a thought.

New Topics

Forum List

Back