Ten Tenets of Freedom

people who hate government shouldn't ever run government

I would say people who hate government are the only people who should ever run government.

yeah, like people who hate books should run a bookstore....

and people who hate music should run record companies,,,,

and people who hate buildings should be architects....

like i said... no one who hates government should EVER run government.

I would say people who hate government are the only people who should ever run government.

False analogies. The goal of running a business is for it to grow, whereas the goal with government is to keep it limited.

They'd be the ones most efficient running it.

Just like I think people who hate the clergy as it is today would be the most efficient ministers and deacons.

And I'm not being sarcastic, either.

No... its about bankrupting government so it can't do anything
RED HERRING ALERT!!

Just because people want gubmint to be 95% smaller than it is today doesn't mean they want it doing absolutely nothing.
and I just adoire people who rant about "we the people" and "liberty" and want to turn us into a banana republic. :cuckoo:
Welcome to the valley of the Jolly Red Strawman! :rofl:

Well, a banana republic is a political state that is primarily agrarian (hence the "banana" part of the phrase) and is ruled by a clique (aka the elected few).

None of Dude's points fit that sort of thing.

I hate (really...I hate them) certain chemical compounds, but anyone who wants to know anything about them should be consulting me.

Wrong. This type of barter is unacceptable because government will demand payment for services (completely irrelevant to this barter) I never agreed to, requested, or wanted.

You need to follow your contracted "acceptance" of the taxes one step further. The idea of a republic is "if you agree to live within its borders you agree to follow its rules" These rules on criminal affairs or taxes you may like some, all or none of. The rules also allow you to vote for whoever you like or run for office and change them same rules.

I understand that it wasn't anyone's choice to be born anywhere.

Equally though you had to be born SOMEWHERE and the chances of being born anyplace w/o a government seem so small as to practically not exist.

If I word my response as
The idea of a republic is "if you agree to CONTINUE TO live within its borders you agree to follow its rules" These rules on criminal affairs or taxes you may like some, all or none of. The rules also allow you to vote for whoever you like or run for office and change them same rules.
is that a sign you've accepted your form of government.

I feel like we're arguing semantics in a way. I totally support everyone's right to go vote for whoever or themselves and do whatever as long as some minimum of civil rights are retained.

Equally though you had to be born SOMEWHERE and the chances of being born anyplace w/o a government seem so small as to practically not exist.

If I word my response as
The idea of a republic is "if you agree to CONTINUE TO live within its borders you agree to follow its rules" These rules on criminal affairs or taxes you may like some, all or none of. The rules also allow you to vote for whoever you like or run for office and change them same rules.

I feel like we're arguing semantics in a way. I totally support everyone's right to go vote for whoever or themselves and do whatever as long as some minimum of civil rights are retained.

You've just stated a whole lot of...

Nothing.

Congrats. :clap2:

If I word my response as

You've just stated a whole lot of...

Nothing.

Congrats. :clap2:

Maybe more concisely I could say "If you want to live here and have the country ran differently you better go vote alot and convince alot of ppl to vote along the same lines".

Perhaps the second part can be accomplished with elegantly worded postings on political message board lol

Forum List

Back