Temar Boggs. Another black teen in the news

One - I think this is a great article...and I wish these sorts of things were reported more often and more broadly - regardless of race.

But, it's unfair to compare it to Trayvon Martin.

The Trayvon Martin case should not have been about his character - it was the fact that he was an unarmed kid minding his own business and it was also about an overall larger problem (black male teens are at high risk for being killed or pulled over by police and it was about racial profiling even though that did not actually occur) - unfortunately trials are usually poor vehicles for a discussion of large problems. Both Martin and Zimmerman had their characters shredded in the media and during the trial - much of it innuendo and speculation. At the end, he was just an ordinary young man - not a criminal, not someone who deserved to die. Just ordinary. The boy in this article goes beyond ordinary. Trayvon didn't, but he shouldn't be villafied for being an ordinary teen and his life isn't any less of value.

Not that I want to turn this into Trayvon thread, but Martin was minding his own business (allegely), but the minute he brutally attacked Zimmerman, he went from minding his own business to battery and possibly manslaughter (if he would have beat him to death).

That's a big "if" - we don't know Martin's side of the story. Zimmerman should not have been following him like that or confronting him (that would freak anyone out - to have a guy in a car following you?). Personally - it was a bad coming together of many elements and the media inflammed it.

I like your OP. To bad the media doesn't.

I agree with you on the media and the character assassination of both Martin and Zimmerman. It was a tragic event and there was no evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. The jury did what it should have done. The event was tragic I feel for Martin's parents, the will haunt them forever and if Zimmerman, is truly truthful and sorry, it will haunt him, for the rest of his life.

So we all agree, Boggs AND the kid who helped him are freaking hero's. It's nice to read a postive story about a black teen amidst all this negative press about them lately, no?

Once again, his race is irrelevant. It's nice to see two teens doing good regardless.

Please see the highlighted area above. Thanks. (You still dont get it do you?)

So we all agree, Boggs AND the kid who helped him are freaking hero's. It's nice to read a postive story about a black teen amidst all this negative press about them lately, no?

Once again, his race is irrelevant. It's nice to see two teens doing good regardless.

I get it quite fine. You see racism behind every rock so you feel the need to show that there are good blacks too. Something no one other than maybe SS has claimed.

The problem is when you divide people by race, you reinforce those who would find one race superior than another. You further divisions instead of healing them.

I get it quite fine. You see racism behind every rock so you feel the need to show that there are good blacks too. Something no one other than maybe SS has claimed.

The problem is when you divide people by race, you reinforce those who would find one race superior than another. You further divisions instead of healing them.

So everytime I find an uplifting story about a black teen, because those stories make me feel good because all I read about is negative stories about blacks in here...I am being divisive? Not the guy who posted a negative story about a black person IN THIS THREAD because you know, he just HAD to for some damn reason...but i am being divisive?

By the way, I am trying, really trying to find something you said that was positive about this genuine hero.

So everytime I find an uplifting story about a black teen, because those stories make me feel good because all I read about is negative stories about blacks in here...I am being divisive? Not the guy who posted a negative story about a black person IN THIS THREAD because you know, he just HAD to for some damn reason...but i am being divisive?

By the way, I am trying, really trying to find something you said that was positive about this genuine hero.
Give it up, you've already been outed.

Give it up, you've already been outed.
Nobody tasked and i didn't tell.

Why does his race matter? You don't have an answer for that.

You could have simply posted the story. Not mentioned his race. The picture would have told us all. But you wanted to bring his race into it. You are trying to stir up racial animosity. Haven't you figured it out yet: We don't care what his skin color is. What he did was a good thing. We want to judge people by their character and not the color of their skin.

Why do you feel the need to do differently?

So, the fringe right wingers don't want to discuss race. Sweep it under the rug, so to speak. Now anybody who tries to discuss it is a racist.

Sounds like limbaugh.

You could have simply posted the story. Not mentioned his race. The picture would have told us all. But you wanted to bring his race into it. You are trying to stir up racial animosity. Haven't you figured it out yet: We don't care what his skin color is. What he did was a good thing. We want to judge people by their character and not the color of their skin.

You can't put a picture in e description. Again, I posted this because there were so many negative threads about black males in here. So.....I posted a positive story about one. HOW IS THIS WRONG? By the way, still nothing positive to say about this hero?

You can't put a picture in e description. Again, I posted this because there were so many negative threads about black males in here. So.....I posted a positive story about one. HOW IS THIS WRONG? By the way, still nothing positive to say about this hero?

he's got his racial blinders on. Any talk about race is race is racism according to him.

he's got his racial blinders on. Any talk about race is race is racism according to him.
I cant disagree here. Avatar, still no props for this hero? It's interesting that you won't.

I cant disagree here. Avatar, still no props for this hero? It's interesting that you won't.

And it's interesting that you have ignored the Hispanic kid, and you the one making the thread ignored another race and you now want props? Give me a break, you are so transparent.

The TWO kids, are heroes! We need more kids like them and less people like you.

Have a great night.

And it's interesting that you have ignored the kid, and you the one making the thread ignored another race and you now want props? Give me a break, you are so transparent.

The TWO kids, are heroes! We need more kids like them and less people like you.

Have a great night.

Did you read the story...who did the story focus on. I have no problem calling bith of them hero's. did you read the post where i gave props to both the kids? We get it..you think you got a gotcha. Lololol

Forum List

Back