Tell me again why Barack Obama has been such a bad president

You Think Obama

A Few Rebuttals

From the left: “He should have pushed for a much bigger stimulus in 2009.”

That’s the view of New York Times columnist Paul Krugman, now gospel among liberals. It’s true economically but bears no relationship to the political truth of that period. Consider that in December 2008, Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell, a hardcore liberal Democrat, proposed a $165 billion stimulus and said he would be ecstatic if it went to $300 billion. President- elect Obama wanted to go over $1 trillion but was told by House Democrats that it absolutely wouldn’t pass. In exchange for the votes of three Republicans in the Senate he needed for passage, Obama reduced the stimulus to $787 billion, which was still almost five times Rendell’s number and the largest amount that was politically possible.

From the right: “The stimulus and bailouts failed.”

When Obama took office, the economy was losing about 750,000 jobs a month and heading for another Great Depression. The recession ended (at least for a while) and we now are adding several thousand jobs a month -- anemic growth, but an awful lot better than the alternative. How did that happen? Luck?

do you ever, have an original thought? just asking......

Averted a depression, passed the most important social legislation ever, most important financial regulation in decades, ending the stupidest wars ever, saved the poor Libyan people from being massacred...WOULD have done all the rest except EVERYTHING has been blocked by un-American no compromise bought off corporate tools since 1/2010. But the Pub brainwashed don't even know that! The ones on here are supposedly following politics, and they're clueless, and don't care! Are they idiots, brainwashed, racist, or just evil? Well there's obviously plenty of all of the above. The world is aghast at the hypocrisy, ignorance, arrogance, greed, and hate of the pubs and their dupes...hoping for your recovery. Read a newspaper or something. ty

Right like he was going to stroll off the 18th green and tell the SEALS, CIA, SPECOPS community, the American people and the world ....."No" when they had OBL in the cross hairs.

He had no choice ...once they found OBL he HAD to green light the mission.I still don't understand why or how he is being given such praise for this.Isn't this what he was supposed to do.:cuckoo:

Averted a depression, passed the most important social legislation ever, most important financial regulation in decades, ending the stupidest wars ever, saved the poor Libyan people from being massacred...WOULD have done all the rest except EVERYTHING has been blocked by un-American no compromise bought off corporate tools since 1/2010. But the Pub brainwashed don't even know that! The ones on here are supposedly following politics, and they're clueless, and don't care! Are they idiots, brainwashed, racist, or just evil? Well there's obviously plenty of all of the above. The world is aghast at the hypocrisy, ignorance, arrogance, greed, and hate of the pubs and their dupes...hoping for your recovery. Read a newspaper or something. ty

how do you know what he did averted a depression ... health care is more improtant than civil rights? ..... financial regulation has now frozen lending ..... war still going and in libya as well so now we have three wars not to mention the invasion of pakistan to assaisinate obl ... there are still poor people .... he had a lock on the house and senate for several years his own party blocked him .... yep the pubs tricked him into all of it ...damn mouth breathers....

Pretty sure the Libyan rebels did that, dip stick. NATO (including the US) gav air cover and assistance. The fighting was all done by the rebels... unless you're one of those 'the Marines had boots on the ground and did all the fighting for them' morons.

Are you?

Oh yeah, can't forget to call all Republicans racist, now can you.

You Think Obama

A Few Rebuttals

That’s the view of New York Times columnist Paul Krugman, now gospel among liberals. It’s true economically but bears no relationship to the political truth of that period. Consider that in December 2008, Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell, a hardcore liberal Democrat, proposed a $165 billion stimulus and said he would be ecstatic if it went to $300 billion. President- elect Obama wanted to go over $1 trillion but was told by House Democrats that it absolutely wouldn’t pass. In exchange for the votes of three Republicans in the Senate he needed for passage, Obama reduced the stimulus to $787 billion, which was still almost five times Rendell’s number and the largest amount that was politically possible.

When Obama took office, the economy was losing about 750,000 jobs a month and heading for another Great Depression. The recession ended (at least for a while) and we now are adding several thousand jobs a month -- anemic growth, but an awful lot better than the alternative. How did that happen? Luck?

Not that I ever saw on the other board I know she frequents (or used to).

how do you know what he did averted a depression ... health care is more improtant than civil rights? ..... financial regulation has now frozen lending ..... war still going and in libya as well so now we have three wars not to mention the invasion of pakistan to assaisinate obl ... there are still poor people .... he had a lock on the house and senate for several years his own party blocked him .... yep the pubs tricked him into all of it ...damn mouth breathers....

Sometimes i wonder how much the democratic party is paying some of these lefty goof balls to come on a board like this and keep spewing all the stupid crap they tell us! I can't believe there are actually people out there that believe Obama has been so great, so the HAVE TO be getting paid for this! Lol!

I will tell you why Obama is such a bad president. Becuase he is a crooked son of a bitch that makes his decisions based on what he can do to further his own ego and get reelected...when he should be focused on getting us out of this hole he has consistently dug for us. Somebody needs to take away his check book! Most people realize that you cannot keep writing checks when you have sunken into debt.

and this is different in what manner of other presidents and politicans, and urself also?

That's an easy one, I can't believe you even asked it..

It is completely different from the way that I conduct my affairs. And what I do doesn't send 300 million people down the path toward financial ruin. I also accept responsibility for my actions.

Obama should be named "The Blamer in Chief" as he cannot accept responsibility for anything he does.

You Think Obama

A Few Rebuttals

Do you ever read a newspaper, magazine or anything but listen to BS Pub propaganda? Anything to add but arrogant idiocy? Nope. LOL!:lol:

Sometimes i wonder how much the democratic party is paying some of these lefty goof balls to come on a board like this and keep spewing all the stupid crap they tell us! I can't believe there are actually people out there that believe Obama has been so great, so the HAVE TO be getting paid for this! Lol!

same type of person that blindly supported bush...or clinton or reagan or carter or nixon or johnson or kennedy .... all leaders have successes and faliures and non events ... to not be able to see the good or bad is myopic....

"he had a lock on the house and senate for several years his own party blocked him"

As I said- you're a typical Pub BRAINWASHED MORON- Dems had control of the senate for FIVE MONTHS- seating of Franken 7/8-2009 until Scott Brown 1/2010. You peaople are functional idiots. Turn OFF the BS fcs...

"he had a lock on the house and senate for several years his own party blocked him"

As I said- you're a typical Pub BRAINWASHED MORON- Dems had control of the senate for FIVE MONTHS- seating of Franken 7/8-2009 until Scott Brown 1/2010. You peaople are functional idiots. Turn OFF the BS fcs...

did he not have a majority in the house and senate for two years ....

was there not a majority while bush was still in office....

you sure the house and senate were not at least 51% dem...you sure...

Last edited:
Wehner is dead off, 100%. He writes,

"Consider the mission accepted."

But Alter wrote,

"Your mission, Jim (and readers named something else), should you decide to accept it, is to identify where Obama has been a poor decision-maker. What, specifically, has he done wrong on policy? What, specifically, would you have done differently to create jobs? And what can any of the current Republican candidates offer that would be an improvement on the employment front?"

Alter asks four specific questions (counting the one implicit in the first sentence quoted). Wehner doesn't answer any of them. Instead, he (admittedly, fairly explicitly) documents ways in which the economy is bad. Wehner's statements like

"Under Obama’s stewardship, we have lost 2.2 million jobs (and 900,000 full-time jobs in the last four months alone). He is now on track to have the worst jobs record of any president in the modern era."

don't answer any of Alter's questions, which are about Obama's decisions and policies, not about his outcomes. The two are related of course, but Wehner nevertheless fails to relate them. It's remarkable how well Alter predicts Wehner's methodology, and how completely Wehner misses Alter's point. It seems almost as if Alter is responding to Wehner rather than the other way around.

Are you saying that pointing out that the decisions and policies actually not accomplishing the stated goals is not proof that they were wrong? My guess is you do not have a real world job.

"how do you know what he did averted a depression ... "

I listen to experts and the educated, not bought off HS grad A-holes like Rush and Beck...TURN OFF THE BS! Hoping for your recovery...

"did he not have a majority in the house and senate for two years ...."

You need 60 votes to block filibusters in the Senate-or A-hole Pubs block it...welcome to the Un-American (TIME) Pub age...that includes 10+ jobs bills, several Pub kinds they refuse to pass ANYTHING since 1/2010. THE THEME OF USA POLITICS since then...total paralysis in a near DEPRESSION- YOUR BOYS! Un-American SWINE...no exageration...and it's treated like a secret by ALL corporate media...arrrrgghh.

Forum List

Back