How is Rick Perry Governing working out for Texas?

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
If this is the kinda guy the right wants for president, we are in for some real hard times. LOL!

August 25, 2011

Burned trees, charred wildlife, destroyed homes — Texas has endured more than 16,000 wildfires since January, which have consumed over 3 million acres of land. With little rain, the state has become a tinderbox. Bloomberg reports that drought in Texas has resulted in $5.2 billion of agricultural losses ... and still counting. The state climatologist pegged the drought as the “worst single-year dry spell in 116 years,” according to the San Antonio Express-News. The town of Robert Lee in West Texas has seen its water supply dwindle to 1 percent and West Kemp is out of water.

Texas Governor Rick Perry, the new darling of the GOP presidential field, leapt to action. His response to catastrophe?

I, RICK PERRY, Governor of Texas, under the authority vested in me by the Constitution and Statutes of the State of Texas, do hereby proclaim the three-day period from Friday, April 22, 2011, to Sunday, April 24, 2011, as Days of Prayer for Rain in the State of Texas. I urge Texans of all faiths and traditions to offer prayers on those days for the healing of our land, the rebuilding of our communities and the restoration of our normal way of life.

All the praying didn’t pay off. The federal government has been forced to declare 213 counties in Texas natural disaster areas, and the drought has already resulted in fish kills and will likely cause an ecosystem-wide ripple of destruction for years to come, affecting everything from plants to top predators, and insects to migrating birds. Ranchers are selling off their herds, residents are using water for the bare minimums of drinking, cooking and cleaning. Towns are trying to drill emergency wells or run pipes to tap neighboring towns that have more water left. Other communities are making plans to truck in bottled water or drink treated wastewater.

Why Rick Perry Would Put the World on a Fast Track to Total Meltdown | Environment | AlterNet

Holy shit Perry caused a drought.

I knew it.

lol

God you are a fucking idiot.

How can holding a prayer for Rain possibly hurt? Are you suggesting the Drought is his fault because his Prayers didn't work?

ROFLMAO I mean he must scare the shit out of you people the way you reach to attack the man.

Last edited:
8/25/11

Rick Perry;
State Profits From
Life Insurance Scheme

"Two weeks before Thanksgiving in 2003, top officials from Texas Governor Rick Perry's office pitched an unusual offer to the state's retired teachers: Let's get into the death business.

Perry's budget director, Mike Morrissey, laid out a pitch that was both ambitious and risky, according to notes summarizing the meeting provided to The Huffington Post.

According to the notes, which were authenticated by a meeting participant, the Perry administration wanted to help Wall Street investors gamble on how long retired Texas teachers would live. Perry was promising the state big money in exchange for helping Swiss banking giant UBS set up a business of teacher death speculation.

All they had to do was convince retirees to let UBS buy life insurance policies on them."

:eek:

If this is the kinda guy the right wants for president, we are in for some real hard times. LOL!

August 25, 2011

Burned trees, charred wildlife, destroyed homes — Texas has endured more than 16,000 wildfires since January, which have consumed over 3 million acres of land. With little rain, the state has become a tinderbox. Bloomberg reports that drought in Texas has resulted in $5.2 billion of agricultural losses ... and still counting. The state climatologist pegged the drought as the “worst single-year dry spell in 116 years,” according to the San Antonio Express-News. The town of Robert Lee in West Texas has seen its water supply dwindle to 1 percent and West Kemp is out of water.

Texas Governor Rick Perry, the new darling of the GOP presidential field, leapt to action. His response to catastrophe?

I, RICK PERRY, Governor of Texas, under the authority vested in me by the Constitution and Statutes of the State of Texas, do hereby proclaim the three-day period from Friday, April 22, 2011, to Sunday, April 24, 2011, as Days of Prayer for Rain in the State of Texas. I urge Texans of all faiths and traditions to offer prayers on those days for the healing of our land, the rebuilding of our communities and the restoration of our normal way of life.

All the praying didn’t pay off. The federal government has been forced to declare 213 counties in Texas natural disaster areas, and the drought has already resulted in fish kills and will likely cause an ecosystem-wide ripple of destruction for years to come, affecting everything from plants to top predators, and insects to migrating birds. Ranchers are selling off their herds, residents are using water for the bare minimums of drinking, cooking and cleaning. Towns are trying to drill emergency wells or run pipes to tap neighboring towns that have more water left. Other communities are making plans to truck in bottled water or drink treated wastewater.

Why Rick Perry Would Put the World on a Fast Track to Total Meltdown | Environment | AlterNet

You boat won't float but I am sure you thought that Bush caused Katrina. Is it Obama's fault that a hurricaine is going to hit the east coast??? Hmmmmmmmmm maybe I could get some nit-wits to buy into that. :lol::lol:

I was unaware that the government controlled the weather.

This has got to be one of the dumbest threads I've read today. And I've read several by Flaylo, Rdean, and TM.

This has got to be one of the dumbest threads I've read today. And I've read several by Flaylo, Rdean, and TM.

He has the answer. All they gotta do is pray.

Governor Rick Perry has renewed the disaster proclamation that was originally issued in December 2010 because of the extreme fire danger. This renewal extends the disaster to include the effects of prolonged drought and extreme high temperatures.
Disaster Proclamation Renewed August 3, 2011 - Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - www.tceq.texas.gov

Water rights holders Letter
Letters to Water Rights Holders - Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - www.tceq.texas.gov

Monday, August 8, 2011 - San Saba watershed affected
Contact Andrea Morrow
Phone 512-239-5011
Pager 512-896-3727

Drought conditions continue to be widespread across the state. As a result, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality is informing water-rights holders in the San Saba watershed of the Colorado River that water rights will be administered on a priority basis.

Today the executive director of the TCEQ notified certain junior water-right holders in the San Saba watershed with a priority date of 1900 or later that their right to divert water is immediately suspended. Suspended water rights include those with a priority date of 1900 or later, term, and temporary water-right permits in the San Saba watershed in Menard and Schleicher counties.
TCEQ restricts junior water rights - Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - www.tceq.texas.gov

I would say the state is reacting just fine to this drought.

Do you need more links to what the State of Texas is doing?

Holy shit Perry caused a drought.

I knew it.

lol

God you are a fucking idiot.

How can holding a prayer for Rain possibly hurt? Are you suggesting the Drought is his fault because his Prayers didn't work?

ROFLMAO I mean he must scare the shit out of you people the way you reach to attack the man.

Gawwwd you are such imbecile. How can praying cause rain? You got a rain god asshat?

Yeah, I just see the idiot as CIC as the missiles come flying in. Perry will be down on his knees sucking his rain god off to stop the missiles in the air. You are such a fool.

I don't see where the article says the government controls the weather, only where Perry claims his rain God controls the weather. Charles_Main goes so far as to say prayers to some rain man might help.

You are one the dumbest poster I read today, and thought I would share that news with you.

I don't see where the article says the government controls the weather, only where Perry claims his rain God controls the weather. Charles_Main goes so far as to say prayers to some rain man might help.

You are one the dumbest poster I read today, and thought I would share that news with you.

you don't read your own crap, obviously

Governor Rick Perry has renewed the disaster proclamation that was originally issued in December 2010 because of the extreme fire danger. This renewal extends the disaster to include the effects of prolonged drought and extreme high temperatures.
Disaster Proclamation Renewed August 3, 2011 - Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - www.tceq.texas.gov

Water rights holders Letter
Letters to Water Rights Holders - Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - www.tceq.texas.gov

Monday, August 8, 2011 - San Saba watershed affected
Contact Andrea Morrow
Phone 512-239-5011
Pager 512-896-3727

Drought conditions continue to be widespread across the state. As a result, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality is informing water-rights holders in the San Saba watershed of the Colorado River that water rights will be administered on a priority basis.

Today the executive director of the TCEQ notified certain junior water-right holders in the San Saba watershed with a priority date of 1900 or later that their right to divert water is immediately suspended. Suspended water rights include those with a priority date of 1900 or later, term, and temporary water-right permits in the San Saba watershed in Menard and Schleicher counties.
TCEQ restricts junior water rights - Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - www.tceq.texas.gov

I would say the state is reacting just fine to this drought.

Do you need more links to what the State of Texas is doing?

I don't see 100 desalination plants on the Texas Gulf Coast. Won't the plants distill oily water, or what?

August 25, 2011

You're pissed because Perry prayed for rain, knowing he could not 'create or cause' rain personally?

Wow. You're just too lame for words.

you don't read your own crap, obviously

Ignores anything that contradicts what he wants to be true. Still waiting on a response to the Texas state government actions I posted. Nothing wrong with prayer, it can't hurt, but there is also State actions going on that the haters would rather ignore.

He has the answer. All they gotta do is pray.

Obama would NEVER do something so useless as have a day of prayer....

2011 Proclamation
NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 5, 2011, as a National Day of Prayer. I invite all citizens of our Nation, as their own faith or conscience directs them, to join me in giving thanks for the many blessings we enjoy, and I ask all people of faith to join me in asking God for guidance, mercy, and protection for our Nation.

...now would he.

fuckwads.

August 25, 2011

You're pissed because Perry prayed for rain, knowing he could not 'create or cause' rain personally?

And you are joyed by the fact that Perry prayed to his rain god, knowing your infatuation for the con has been tarnished and makes you look like a wimp. You are just a dick looking for a place to pee on your shoes.

August 25, 2011

And you are joyed by the fact that Perry prayed to his rain god, knowing your infatuation for the con has been tarnished and makes you look like a wimp. You are just a dick looking for a place to pee on your shoes.

Points to post #18 and says 'up your nose with a rubber hose'.

Forum List

Back