Televangelist Rails Against Children Who Marched for Life

In all fairness, the title of the article that appears below is a bit over the top. I did not read or hear that she said that the students are like “demonic Nazis who rape gun owners” but, even at that, her words are pretty deplorable.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/03/hitlers-regime-took-guns-televangelists-say-parkland-students-like-demonic-nazis-rape-gun-owners/

Now I realize that by posting this, I’m going to immediately jumped on as a bigot and Christian-phoebe and you are entitled to believe that if you wish. However, know this. My purpose is really to try to understand what is going on here. To grasp where this woman and those like here are coming from, whether or not they actually believe what they are saying, and how, exactly does attacking children by likening them to Nazis mesh with their Christian faith.

Televangelist Frances Swaggart, the wife of Jimmy Swaggart, on Monday suggested that the students who participated in the March for Our Lives over the weekend were like ‘demonic’ Nazis and Adolf Hitler.

During the Frances & Friends program, Swaggart reacted to an estimated 800,000 people who called for gun control by marching in Washington, D.C. over the weekend.

In her words:

“People have got to address the fact that kids today are being put in school where there’s no morals,” the television evangelist announced. “Because we’ve taken God out of the school. And there’s no resistance then to anything that Satan throws these kids’ way.”

“Today’s gun control and confiscation rally was nothing new,” she added, reading from a paper provided by a fellow panelist. “Nazis and leftists have been using children for decades in their attempts to take guns away from law-abiding citizens.”

OK, I get this much. She is a conservative. Conservatives believe the morality – or what they consider morality-has suffered, especially in the schools, I also get that conservative – as a knee jerk reaction, freak out at the mention of gun control. BUT , what I do not get is the need to vilify children who are literally fighting for the right to live long enough to become adults. Again, how does attacking children mesh with Christian values. I might also ask, how does wanting more deadly weapons around mesh with Christian values, but I don’t want to make this to complicated

Swaggart then offered a “history lesson for young adults” about Nazism without mentioning that it was the Jews — not gun owners in general — who were violently persecuted by Hitler.

“Hitler’s regime took away guns from the people in Germany and then he herded all of those who did not like it into box cars and shipped them to concentration camps where they were enslaved, beaten, raped and murdered,” she said. “The victims didn’t fire a shot in self defense because their guns had been taken away. That’s a fact.”

Lastly, I would like an explanation as to how lying conforms to her Christian values. Yes a lie. Failing to mention that Hitler confiscated guns from the Jews. A lie of omission is still a lie.

Let’s here it folks, who can explain this “Christian”

Hitler didn't just confiscate guns from Jews, nor did he just persecute Jews.

It was not just Jews who were murdered. She was making a point about his gun control policies and how that fit into the overall tyranny and genocide of Nazi Germany.

You are the one that made a lie of omission in order to vilify your enemies.
More bullshit! It doesn't matter who Hitler killed or took guns from. No one here is proposing anything with respect to guns that remotely approaches what Hitler did to anyone, or that can reasonably compared to tyranny . It is just hysterics and lies. A false equivalency logical fallacy because it's all that you have

And so it begins. Includes ban on pistols as well that accept over 10 round magazine

-Geaux

Oregon initiative would ban semi-automatic firearms, require owners to surrender certain guns
;

Oregon initiative seeks to ban assault weapons
The proposal defines an assault weapon as any semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine, and any feature like folding or telescoping stock, or that can accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

A proposal to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines in Oregon has been submitted as a ballot initiative petition intended to prevent mass shootings.

Filed by an interfaith religious group in Portland, Initiative Petition 43 would also require legal gun owners to surrender or register their assault weapons or face felony charges, according to language released Tuesday.

Sounds good to me

:TH_WAY~113::lastword:

In all fairness, the title of the article that appears below is a bit over the top. I did not read or hear that she said that the students are like “demonic Nazis who rape gun owners” but, even at that, her words are pretty deplorable.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/03/hitlers-regime-took-guns-televangelists-say-parkland-students-like-demonic-nazis-rape-gun-owners/

Now I realize that by posting this, I’m going to immediately jumped on as a bigot and Christian-phoebe and you are entitled to believe that if you wish. However, know this. My purpose is really to try to understand what is going on here. To grasp where this woman and those like here are coming from, whether or not they actually believe what they are saying, and how, exactly does attacking children by likening them to Nazis mesh with their Christian faith.

Televangelist Frances Swaggart, the wife of Jimmy Swaggart, on Monday suggested that the students who participated in the March for Our Lives over the weekend were like ‘demonic’ Nazis and Adolf Hitler.

During the Frances & Friends program, Swaggart reacted to an estimated 800,000 people who called for gun control by marching in Washington, D.C. over the weekend.

In her words:

“People have got to address the fact that kids today are being put in school where there’s no morals,” the television evangelist announced. “Because we’ve taken God out of the school. And there’s no resistance then to anything that Satan throws these kids’ way.”

“Today’s gun control and confiscation rally was nothing new,” she added, reading from a paper provided by a fellow panelist. “Nazis and leftists have been using children for decades in their attempts to take guns away from law-abiding citizens.”

OK, I get this much. She is a conservative. Conservatives believe the morality – or what they consider morality-has suffered, especially in the schools, I also get that conservative – as a knee jerk reaction, freak out at the mention of gun control. BUT , what I do not get is the need to vilify children who are literally fighting for the right to live long enough to become adults. Again, how does attacking children mesh with Christian values. I might also ask, how does wanting more deadly weapons around mesh with Christian values, but I don’t want to make this to complicated

Swaggart then offered a “history lesson for young adults” about Nazism without mentioning that it was the Jews — not gun owners in general — who were violently persecuted by Hitler.

“Hitler’s regime took away guns from the people in Germany and then he herded all of those who did not like it into box cars and shipped them to concentration camps where they were enslaved, beaten, raped and murdered,” she said. “The victims didn’t fire a shot in self defense because their guns had been taken away. That’s a fact.”

Lastly, I would like an explanation as to how lying conforms to her Christian values. Yes a lie. Failing to mention that Hitler confiscated guns from the Jews. A lie of omission is still a lie.

It was not just Jews who were murdered. She was making a point about his gun control policies and how that fit into the overall tyranny and genocide of Nazi Germany.

More bullshit! It doesn't matter who Hitler killed or took guns from. No one here is proposing anything with respect to guns that remotely approaches what Hitler did to anyone, or that can reasonably compared to tyranny . It is just hysterics and lies. A false equivalency logical fallacy because it's all that you have

And so it begins. Includes ban on pistols as well that accept over 10 round magazine

-Geaux

Oregon initiative would ban semi-automatic firearms, require owners to surrender certain guns
;

The proposal defines an assault weapon as any semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine, and any feature like folding or telescoping stock, or that can accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

A proposal to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines in Oregon has been submitted as a ballot initiative petition intended to prevent mass shootings.

Filed by an interfaith religious group in Portland, Initiative Petition 43 would also require legal gun owners to surrender or register their assault weapons or face felony charges, according to language released Tuesday.

Sounds good to me

:TH_WAY~113::lastword:

Kudos for your candor

-Geaux

#3's problem is the signifier-signified problem. If the xian pathology tweaks somewhere, the tweaker will be disavowed as a 'true christian.' This schizoid splitting is so very traditional, this war twixt truth and truth. #8 thinks it's a joke, but nazism is morality itself, so the xian pathology likewise projects this nazism onto the scapegoat: if it thought the immorality, it literally practiced the immorality. Swaggart is nuts and makes a good nazi.

These disgusting xians are projecting their pathology onto the victims, because that's precisely the Law before the Good Samaritan, where everyone (except xians) becomes the victim. Police in schools being the symbol of the superego will also not suffice: Jesus was the only one in all this religious mess who was not a christian.

In her words:

You are the one that made an issue of who Hitler killed. YOu attacked her for not mentioning who Hitler killed.

You challenged her self identification as a Christian because she did not comment one of the specific groups, he targeted.

So, you seem to think it really matters a lot. Or you did, a few minutes ago.

Or was that just a justification to vilify her?
I made my point. She, and others are dishonestly and stupidly equating gun control here and now with the oppression that Hitler was responsible for. If you don't get that it is not my problem.

So, to be clear before you move on, you are dropping your challenge to her self identification and your accusation that she lied by omission?

In her words:

You are the one that made an issue of who Hitler killed. YOu attacked her for not mentioning who Hitler killed.

You challenged her self identification as a Christian because she did not comment one of the specific groups, he targeted.

I made my point. She, and others are dishonestly and stupidly equating gun control here and now with the oppression that Hitler was responsible for. If you don't get that it is not my problem.

So, to be clear before you move on, you are dropping your challenge to her self identification and your accusation that she lied by omission?
Where did you get a silly idea like that?

Where did you get a silly idea like that?

1. I pointed out your error.

2. YOu tried to defend it, and I shoot your defense full of holes.

3. Now, instead of offering another defense, you just want to move on.

The actions you took in attacking this woman, are similar to the actions you are accusing her of. Thus, it is relevant.

Since you are not dropping those points,

She did not make an lie of omission in order to vilify her enemies. YOU DID.

Just more MSM BS lies and you believe it all gawd ppl are such idiots.

upload_2018-3-27_8-7-11.png

The actions you took in attacking this woman, are similar to the actions you are accusing her of. Thus, it is relevant.

She made a lie of omission and SHE invoked Hitler in order to sow fear about gun control

Breaking News:

John Paul Stevens: Repeal the Second Amendment by John Paul Stevens

John Paul Stevens: Repeal the Second Amendment

Let me know if any of this sounds like Hitler ..........

Rarely in my lifetime have I seen the type of civic engagement schoolchildren and their supporters demonstrated in Washington and other major cities throughout the country this past Saturday. These demonstrations demand our respect. They reveal the broad public support for legislation to minimize the risk of mass killings of schoolchildren and others in our society.

That support is a clear sign to lawmakers to enact legislation prohibiting civilian ownership of semiautomatic weapons, increasing the minimum age to buy a gun from 18 to 21 years old, and establishing more comprehensive background checks on all purchasers of firearms. But the demonstrators should seek more effective and more lasting reform. They should demand a repeal of the Second Amendment.

Concern that a national standing army might pose a threat to the security of the separate states led to the adoption of that amendment, which provides that “a well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.” Today that concern is a relic of the 18th century.

Just more MSM BS lies and you believe it all gawd ppl are such idiots.

View attachment 184980
Ah yes, the Daily Caller:

right05.png

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.

Factual Reporting: MIXED

Notes: The Daily Caller is an American news and opinion website based in Washington, D.C.. It was founded by Tucker Carlson, a libertarian conservative political pundit, and Neil Patel, former adviser to former Vice President Dick Cheney. The Daily Caller produces sensational headlines and has a right wing bias in reporting and has made false claims according to Snopes and Politifact. (7/19/2016) Updated (4/21/2017) Daily Caller - Media Bias/Fact Check

And even if true So What!! It was about the children and for the children

1. I pointed out your error.
What error. I correctly pointed out that she omitted the fact Hitler took guns away from Jews . The fact that Hitler's also took guns away from and persecuted others does not change anything. Again, it is dishonest and stupid to equate Hitler's actions with gun control here and now

1. You made a false claim that her not mentioning that was some form of lie by omission.

2. Ironically, you, by falsely omitting that Hitler did not limit his gun taking or genocide to Jews, committed a lie of omission.

If you wanted to discuss the reasonableness of comparing modern gun control to Hitler's gun control, maybe you should have been more focused on that point instead of piling on all this other partisan crap.

Now, just admit that you were unfair to accuse her of lying "by omission" and we can move on.

She made a lie of omission and SHE invoked Hitler in order to sow fear about gun control

It was not relevant to the point she was making, to specify one or more of the groups of people Hitler targeted with his gun control, leading to mass murder and genocide.

For you to claim that it was a lie for her to mention that it was jews that were disarmed, ironically, "omits" that fact that there were many others that Hitler disarmed and then genocided.

and thus is a lie, by your own usage of the word.

You claim that it is not relevant to gun control to discuss the history of gun control and the results of it.

That is an interesting claim. Please support it.

The nazis disarmed the people before they began the pogroms. Once disarmed, there is no way to stop rape, or violent robbery, or indeed anything. Once disarmed, the public is helpless prey. So the comparison is fair.
Is it possible that you do not understand that they disarmed the Jews? Do you deny that is a fact that Swaggart dishonestly omitted?
So Jews aren't people now? Would they be people to you if they were all queer?

So Jews aren't people now? Would they be people to you if they were all queer?
That is really stupid! How do you construe anything that said to mean that Jews are not people.? This is why I ignore you most of the time. And, I am Jewish you dumb fuck!
That's what you said double talker. Anyone honest can read it and see it.Someone posted that "The nazis banned peoples guns..." and you said, "No they only banned to jews...". You said it and you can lie all you want. It's written for all to see. You think Jews are not people. So what are they, like 3/5 human like they said blacks were?

Forum List

Back