Teen suspended over Confederate flag.

If he puts a rainbow flag on his truck he won't be suspended anymore

Here's the issue right here:

From the article cited in the OP: students at the school, and teachers, complained about the flag, then other students started putting them on their cars. It has caused disruption at the school. This is not okay.

Vied's three-day suspension was cut to one day after the ACLU sent a letter to the principal stating that school officials would have to prove the banned speech would "materially and substantially" disrupt operations at the school.News12 reported that some of Vied's friends have shown their support by coming to school with Confederate flags on their cars and trucks
I don't think the school is going to have too much trouble proving that this flag thing is causing disruption of school operations. It is obviously doing so.

From the article cited in the OP: students at the school, and teachers, complained about the flag, then other students started putting them on their cars. It has caused disruption at the school. This is not okay.

Vied's three-day suspension was cut to one day after the ACLU sent a letter to the principal stating that school officials would have to prove the banned speech would "materially and substantially" disrupt operations at the school.News12 reported that some of Vied's friends have shown their support by coming to school with Confederate flags on their cars and trucks
I don't think the school is going to have too much trouble proving that this flag thing is causing disruption of school operations. It is obviously doing so.

Wah, wah, somebody got offended! More like someone chose to get offended which is exactly the kind of rules scum like yourself live by. The disruption is by people who feel they're entitled to something because their ancestors got treated badly.

If by "obviously doing so" you mean some liberal was offended and made a stink, then you're right - in reality, it was likely ignored by the huge majority.

I love people who preach "free speech" and the make it clear they REALLY mean "speech we agree with".

If by "obviously doing so" you mean some liberal was offended and made a stink, then you're right - in reality, it was likely ignored by the huge majority.

I love people who preach "free speech" and the make it clear they REALLY mean "speech we agree with".

The issue is not about liberal or not liberal, it is about the disruption he is causing at the school. I never said it was ignored by the majority, didn't even imply that. The student's actions caused a lot of people to object, then others took his side: now they have an issue of disruption, of two factions battling with each other. It is now an issue of disrupting the whole school.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ikOZ0HJOSM]Texas School Suspends Student for Removing Mexican Flag on cinco de mayo - YouTube[/ame]

The issue is not about liberal or not liberal, it is about the disruption he is causing at the school. I never said it was ignored by the majority, didn't even imply that. The student's actions caused a lot of people to object, then others took his side: now they have an issue of disruption, of two factions battling with each other. It is now an issue of disrupting the whole school.
:roll:
Sounds to me like the disruption stems from the objection of the people you mention, not the person wearing the shirt as there would he no issse had no one objected. Given that, their right to objection should be removed.
:dunno:

According to USMB Republicans, the Confederate flag is the "liberal" flag. Republicans were on the side of Lincoln. So what's the big deal? Republicans are protecting liberal's rights? Like they protect liberal's right to vote?

Republicans are protecting liberal's rights? Like they protect liberal's right to vote?
Republicans do protect your right to vote, they just don't want you libs to vote more then once

So since it's so obvious you shouldn't have a problem stating how, right?

The issue is not about liberal or not liberal, it is about the disruption he is causing at the school. I never said it was ignored by the majority, didn't even imply that. The student's actions caused a lot of people to object

Who?

Forum List

Back