Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

More inane equine excrement. Many of us on the left are Christias as are many gay people. The narative that Christians hate gays-and that gays hate christians is the crap emanating from you people who constantly work to divide people.

Gay marriage is law. Get fucking used to it. Where are you getting this bizarre idea that gay people would somehow behave differently if marriage equality were legislated? There is something seriously wrong with your thought process.

The narative that Christians hate gays-and that gays hate christians is the crap emanating from you people who constantly work to divide people.

You must not listen to progressive radio. I can assure you, that narrative is real, it's spewed on Sirius xm progress for over 6 hours a day from 2 extremely leftist hosts. It's also spoken a lot across these very forums.

Post in thread 'How Religious Freedom Became A Rightwing Assault On The Rule Of Law' How Religious Freedom Became A Rightwing Assault On The Rule Of Law

Post in thread 'How Religious Freedom Became A Rightwing Assault On The Rule Of Law' How Religious Freedom Became A Rightwing Assault On The Rule Of Law

Post in thread 'Florida School Tells "others" to leave' Zone1 - Florida School Tells "others" to leave

Post in thread 'How should non-Jews fix antisemitism?' Zone1 - How should non-Jews fix antisemitism?

Post in thread 'I Adore This Meme. That's All.' Zone1 - I Adore This Meme. That's All.

Thread 'I'm Not Sure If I Asked This Before, but How Can You Claim To Be A Christian and Be A Homophobe At The Same Time?' Zone1 - I'm Not Sure If I Asked This Before, but How Can You Claim To Be A Christian and Be A Homophobe At The Same Time?

Post in thread 'I Adore This Meme. That's All.' Zone1 - I Adore This Meme. That's All.

Gay marriage is law. Get fucking used to it. Where are you getting this bizarre idea that gay people would somehow behave differently if marriage equality were legislated

It's not Law. Please point to where there is law on the books making it legal?

They wouldn't act any differently, nor should they. I don't think the courts should make laws, and I don't think the federal government should make marriage laws.

So, if congress codified gay marriage into law, should they then also codify hetero marriage into law? Where does the constitution say that marriage, of any kind, is a right? Where are there laws on the books saying that the federal government has legalized hetero marriage?

I am not aware of any cases where Muslim Americans have refused services to gays, or where they have activly worked to roll back gay rights as many Christians and Christian organizations are doing. Islam may condemn homosexualitybut Muslim Americans-unlike many Christians understand that this is a secular society and that religious beliefs takes a back set to the rule of law. They appreciate the religious freedom that they have here, that doesn't exist in many of the places that they came from and respect the Constitution
I am not aware of any cases where Muslim Americans have refused services to gays,

It does happen. The reason its not in the news is probably because you dont have a lot of gay people trying to go into muslim businesses asking them to participate in a gay wedding. But my comment on that was not specifically related to Muslim business, rather about the Lefts willingness to condemn Christianity for taking an anti gay stance, while completely ignoring other religions anti gay stance, as an example of how the left is just waging a war against Christianity.

Last edited:
More stupidity. Once again, discrimination in the name of religion is still discrimination. Religious liberty mean being free to openly practice your religion without fear. It does not mean using it as an excuse to punish those who you disapprove of

And business that do not normally supply an product or a service to anyone are not obligated to do so for anyone.
So if I do not normally supply wedding cakes with same-sex figures on the top to anyone, I am not obligated to do so for anyone?

Awesome!

It does happen. The reason its not in the news is probably because you dont have a lot of gay people trying to go into muslim businesses asking them to participate in a gay wedding. But my comment on that was not specifically related to Muslim business, rather about the Lefts willingness to condemn Christianity for taking an anti gay stance, while completely ignoring other religions anti gay stance, as an example of how the left is just waging a war against Christianity.
The reason that you don't hear of Muslim businesses refusing serves to gays, is that the gay activists target businesses run by Christians, not businesses run by Muslims.

How else to make the bizarre claim of being unable to find a gay-friendly bakery?

The reason that you don't hear of Muslim businesses refusing serves to gays, is that the gay activists target businesses run by Christians, not businesses run by Muslims.

How else to make the bizarre claim of being unable to find a gay-friendly bakery?
Right.

You seem rather threatened by the existence of those who do not share your sexual orientation. Why do you suppose that is? Doubts about yourself perhaps?

You seem rather stupid and still think that pop reverse psychobabble invented by mentally ill faggots is going make us all skeered n stuff. We know kiddie groomers when we see them, you aren't bright enough to fool anybody, except 6 year olds.

Actually, in the case of masterpiece bakery, they were treated the same, right up until the point where they asked the bakery to make a special cake for the wedding. The bakery said they would sell then any of their pre made cakes, but they felt like making a cake especially for the wedding would be akin to them participating, thats where the trouble started.

Rather than the gay couple honoring the religious views of the baker, they decided to take them to court, which I believe the bakery won that lawsuit.

The gay couple got upset, likely because they have been hearing for years, from leftist media, about how "Christians hate them" , instead of finding a bakery that could accommodate them, they took them to court to punish them for exercising their own rights. Again, who's in the wrong here? As I stated before, if it were any other business refusing a service that violated their religious beliefs, nobody would bat an eye, and most people would shrug it off and move on, but because this involved gay people, now it's different. Why? Because it's based on emotion? Just because it's a gay couple? For me to agree that it was discrimination, you'd have to prove there was hate displayed from the business toward the gay couple. Simply saying "I'm sorry, but serving you in that way would violate my beliefs" doesn't convey hate.

You would have me to believe that all business would have to serve every customer, without exception, and that they would have to give up their religious rights, or not own a business?

This creep knows he's lying, no need to waste your breath schooling the mutant, we all know they're just harassing people. They politicized their perversions themselves, then run around claiming Christians have no rights to say anything about their sicko crap cuz 'religion n stuff'. They're morons, as are their enablers and fans who fall for the marketing gimmick that 'the educated n intelligent' support their idiotic claims; it makes the suckers feel all tolerant and enlightened. Faggot marriage was nothing but a way to swindle insurance companies into paying for their mindless self-inflicted AIDS epidemic. 'Libertoons' of course jumped on the bandwagon like lemmings, because of their own moronic mantras re 'gubmint is bad n stuff'.

You seem rather stupid and still think that pop reverse psychobabble invented by mentally ill faggots is going make us all skeered n stuff. We know kiddie groomers when we see them, you aren't bright enough to fool anybody, except 6 year olds.

Correct, saying marriage is only between a man and a woman would exclude gay marriage and violate their civil rights.

Maybe I am a "wonk" as you put it. I just don't think the gov has any business defining marriage or making laws about it. Again, gay marriage is protected by the 14th, why does the gov have to go in and make a law that is outside of their designated authority?
Obergefell is not a law. It is a ruling. Yes it may be referred to as case law,or constitutional law but that is different than lrgislation. You keep insisting that you are ok with the 14th protecting gay marriage but you don't want it to be called law. Too bad. it is what it is

Attachments

• 1664990038283.png
    1664990038283.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 6
Where does the constitution say that marriage, of any kind, is a right? Where are there laws on the books saying that the federal government has legalized hetero marriage?
There arent any and I think that even you are smart enough to know that. Each state has a law concerning marriage. A few have legislated gay marriage by including it in the law. Some state laws specify that marriage is a man and a woman, but that is not enforceable as long as Obergefell is in effect

As to your question about hate crimes, it's a valid concern. If congress codified gay marriage into law, with recent hate crime legislation, someone exercising their religious views could be accused of hate crimes, and sued for them.
Bullshit. You know not what you speak of. Hate crime laws provide enhanced penalties for crimes committed against a minority out of hate. It has nothing to do with excercising re;igious views

If you'd read the rest before posting, it would have cleared this up. I don't think religious freedom is discrimination, for reasons I listed below. Organizations of all types have requirements. Churches may not allow gay people to serve in leadership, businesses may have religious convictions about participating in gay events. It doesn't mean they Haye them, they just believe it would violate their own personal beliefs.
That clears up nothing. I explained to you that churches have religious exemptions.Ordinary businesses do not. It does not matter if thediscrimination is otivated by hate, fear, stupidity or anything else. It is still discrimination

I understand your argument about obergefell, and strictly on the basis of the 14th, I find no fault with it. I just get hesitant when courts make rulings like this, because the left will call it "law", as they did with roe, when it's not actually law, it's just an enforcement of civil rights. Maybe I'm just splitting hairs here, for some reason, in mind, there is a difference.
We have been all through this How fucking obtuse cabn you be ? It carries the force of law. It is case law. It is what it is. What would you want to be called? A "suggestion" ? Yes the court can suggest that states let gays marry

With the animosity the left has with Christians, combined with the constant push from the left that Christians hate gay people, you honestly don't think if gay marriage was law that you wouldn't have angry gay people trying to ruin businesses by dragging them through court? I'm pretty sure this would happen.
Same stupid divisive lies all over again. You just can't seem to learn anything

No doubt, but religious freedom is protected by the constitution. Again, just because someone denies services to a gay couple because of sincere religious beliefs, then who is in the wrong? The Christians for exercising their beliefs, or the gay people for trying to get that business to violate those beliefs?
DISCRIMINATION IS NOT RELIGIOUS FREEDOM!

Actually, in the case of masterpiece bakery, they were treated the same, right up until the point where they asked the bakery to make a special cake for the wedding. The bakery said they would sell then any of their pre made cakes, but they felt like making a cake especially for the wedding would be akin to them participating, thats where the trouble started.
I don.t buy that crap. Did the Baker think that he would go to hell for baking a cake?

Where is your evidence of that?
You may not be aware of this, bodecea. Muslims throw gays off of buildings, the idea that they will bake cakes for them is patently absurd, but I'd love for you to make that claim.

Gay activists don't go to court to force Muslims to bake cakes for them because . . . Muslims throw gays off of buildings.

Forum List

Back