Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

I never mentioned support for. What I did say was most people, afforded the “right” to marry the same sex, could care less if that right was removed from them. And that’s 97% of the total population.

In comparison, I would expect the vast majority, regardless of sexuality, appreciate that they have the right to marry outside their race.

As the poll demonstrates elegantly, plenty would object if the right were stripped from everyone. Including same sex couples.

Conservatives are on the losing side of this issue because they can't come up with a credible reason to justify stripping gays and lesbians of the right to marry someone of the same sex.

And of course, interracial marriage is one of many, many rights conservatives are determined to strip from Americans. Conservatives want to eliminate the right to privacy, the right have relations in their own bedroom with any consenting adult they wish, the right to contraception.

And that's just to start.

And then there's the snitch state that conservatives are trying to establish, putting bounties on speech or abortions.....encouraging people to rat out their friends, family, even teachers for a heavy reward. A policy that is hugely popular among conservatives, with more and more conservative states pitching the policy to offer bounties for you to turn on your own family.

This is the conservative vision of the future. And it is an authoritarian nightmare.

As the poll demonstrates elegantly, plenty would object if the right were stripped from everyone. Including same sex couples.

Conservatives are on the losing side of this issue because they can't come up with a credible reason to justify stripping gays and lesbians of the right to marry someone of the same sex.

And of course, interracial marriage is one of many, many rights conservatives are determined to strip from Americans. Conservatives want to eliminate the right to privacy, the right have relations in their own bedroom with any consenting adult they wish, the right to contraception.

And that's just to start.

And then there's the snitch state that conservatives are trying to establish, putting bounties on speech or abortions.....encouraging people to rat out their friends, family, even teachers for a heavy reward. A policy that is hugely popular among conservatives, with more and more conservative states pitching the policy to offer bounties for you to turn on your own family.

This is the conservative vision of the future. And it is an authoritarian nightmare.

Oh, I never argued about the poll, except that statewide votes on the subject, prior to obergfell, had a much different result. I think even California voted it down twice.

What I did say, unlike nearly any other “right” granted by our government, the vast, vast majority would have zero problem with having the right to marry someone of their own sex stripped away from them.

Oh, I never argued about the poll, except that statewide votes on the subject, prior to obergfell, had a much different result. I think even California voted it down twice.

What I did say, unlike nearly any other “right” granted by our government, the vast, vast majority would have zero problem with having the right to marry someone of their own sex stripped away from them.

A man that's never going to carry a child can certainly object to a woman being stripped of the right to make that decision for herself.

I won't be advertising on Twitter anytime soon. But I would strongly object to the government stripping other people or businesses of the right to make that decision for themselves.

Your premise that no one case about other people having rights stripped from them......is nonsense. As 71% of the public supporting same sex right to marry demonstrates, plenty of straight people defend and support a right they won't exercise personally.

A man that's never going to carry a child can certainly object to a woman being stripped of the right to make that decision for herself.

I won't be advertising on Twitter anytime soon. But I would strongly object to the government stripping other people or businesses of the right to make that decision for themselves.

Your premise that no one case about other people having rights stripped from them......is nonsense. As 71% of the public supporting same sex right to marry demonstrates, plenty of straight people defend and support a right they won't exercise personally.

See, there ya go again, claiming same sex marriage is only for gays. I do believe most people believe that as well, but it’s dishonest as hell.

Let’s do a “man on the street series”

Let’s walk up to members of each sex and ask them……..

If I told you that you were not allowed to marry a member of your own sex, would that bother you?

I think we both know the answer would be a resounding NO.

See, there ya go again, claiming same sex marriage is only for gays. I do believe most people believe that as well, but it’s dishonest as hell.

Let’s do a “man on the street series”

Let’s walk up to members of each sex and ask them……..

If I told you that you were not allowed to marry a member of your own sex, would that bother you?

I think we both know the answer would be a resounding NO.

Again, just because someone isn't exercising a right personally doesn't mean they don't care if its stripped from someone else.

I may not be interested in a same sex marriage. Or an interracial marriage. Or any marriage. But I'd certainly object to a same sex couple or an interracial couple of being stripped of their right to make that choice for themselves.

Your central premise that people won't care about other people's rights being stripped is nonsense. As 71% support for same sex marriage demonstrates......plenty of folks not looking to marry someone of the same sex still support same sex marriage.

Again, just because someone isn't exercising a right personally doesn't mean they don't care if its stripped from someone else.

I may not be interested in a same sex marriage. Or an interracial marriage. Or any marriage. But I'd certainly object to a same sex couple or an interracial couple of being stripped of their right to make that choice for themselves.

Your central premise that people won't care about other people's rights being stripped is nonsense. As 71% support for same sex marriage demonstrates......plenty of folks not looking to marry someone of the same sex still support same sex marriage.
If your so confident, why continue to bring interracial marriage into this.

Again, let’s do a second man on the street and ask “would it bother you if I told you you could not marry someone of a different race?

I think we both know the answer would be a resounding YES

So be it.

If your so confident, why continue to bring interracial marriage into this.

Again, let’s do a second man on the street and ask “would it bother you if I told you you could not marry someone of a different race?

I think we both know the answer would be a resounding YES

So be it.

I've brought in ALL the rights that conservatives are interested in stripping from Americans. Same sex marriage, the right to contraception, interracial marriage, the right to privacy, the right to consensual sex in your own home without State interference.

Just to start.

Again, your central premise that no one cares about rights being stripped from someone else if they themselves aren't exercising that right is nonsense.

As 71% support for same sex marriage demonstrates......there are lots of straight folks who believe in same sex couples being allowed to marry.

How do I justify it? They are a part of the specific demographic group. That’s kind of clear.

Some within that group suffer from a reproductive disability. Are you saying same sex couples can’t procreate because of a reproductive disability?
No I am not saying that same sex couples have a disability. I am saying that the respective reasons why each group does not have children without some help is a moot point The fact is that both groups manage to have children in the same ways including through adoption. Both groups are parents to those children and both groups do all of the same things that parents and members of a community do.

It is hard for me to express the disgust and anger that I feel for the level of cruelty and depravity that you represent. I outlined the benefits of marriage for families and chidren through a myriad of state and Federal benefits, legal protections and security that marriage brings to families and chidren Yet you would deprive those families of all of that based on a false distinction??! Why? I suspect that it is fueled by some deep disdain for gay people that you do not have the integrety to express so you just make some shit up.

If there is any group that suffers from any sort of disability it is bigots like you. A mental disability. A while back, you made the statement that all children are equally valued. Apparently that was just another example of your dishonesty since you now admit that children of gays are not valued at all. Don't ever let me hear you utter one word expressing concern for children.

You should be ashamed but I doubt that you are. You just got your ass handed to you big time but you are not smart enough to even know it Try to have a nice day but I don't think that hateful people like you ever have a nice day!

Last edited:
You forgot the right to plural marriage, which, if same sex marriage is legal, this prohibition makes no sense.

We also oppose incestuous marriage, but it only makes sense in opposite sex marriage. Oops.

I don’t know any other conservative that want Birth Control abolished, but again, gay unions have no use for them, or abortion for that matter, but sure do make a tizzy over them.

Oh, and it is the advocates of SSM want the bedroom police. Ya know the whole “some opposite sex couples don’t procreate” gambit. I swear gays want state sanctioned rape.

You forgot the right to plural marriage, which, if same sex marriage is legal, this prohibition makes no sense.

We also oppose incestuous marriage, but it only makes sense in opposite sex marriage. Oops.

I don’t know any other conservative that want Birth Control abolished, but again, gay unions have no use for them, or abortion for that matter, but sure do make a tizzy over them.

Oh, and it is the advocates of SSM want the bedroom police. Ya know the whole “some opposite sex couples don’t procreate” gambit. I swear gays want state sanctioned rape.

I remember all the hysteria about how polygamy would be legalized the moment gay marriage was legalized.

Its been 8 years.

Where is it?

I remember all the hysteria about how polygamy would be legalized the moment gay marriage was legalized.

Its been 8 years.

Where is it?

Give it time, hell, it’ll probably be three dudes suing for it.

Why the hell not?

Yeah, the hysterics said that too, back in 2015.

Its been 8 years.

That 'slippery slope'......isn't.

You mean like dudes dressing up like chicks stealing their athletic scholarships.

Or maybe dudes dressing up like chicks doing pole dances for minors.

Nah, that was never warned!

You mean like dudes dressing up like chicks stealing their athletic scholarships.

Or maybe dudes dressing up like chicks doing pole dances for minors.

Nah, that was never warned!

I mean polygamous marriage. The 'slippery slope' has been predicted for approaching a decade.

Where is it?

Likely around the corner, and will be brought to you by the LBGTQA+ LMNOP

They are a wild and crazy bunch!

Its been 8 years.

If same sex marriage was going to result in polyamours marriages, it would have.

Yet, nothing. History is not the friend of the hysterics.

Biden promised to sign the law on same-sex marriage. He explained this by caring about future generations of LGBT youth.
Has something new appeared in biology? What are the "future generations" of LGBT people? Budding?
Or is everything much more prosaic, forcible removal of children from normal families and transfer to degenerates?

Biden promised to sign the law on same-sex marriage. He explained this by caring about future generations of LGBT youth.
Has something new appeared in biology? What are the "future generations" of LGBT people? Budding?
Or is everything much more prosaic, forcible removal of children from normal families and transfer to degenerates?
What the fuck are you blathering about ? Gay coupls have Children Gay couples are parents. How stupid are you?

Children are removed from straight parents who have abused, neglected and abandoned them and are placed in loving home where the adults might be gay. I know. I was a protective services case manager and made those placements

Last edited:
Its been 8 years.

If same sex marriage was going to result in polyamours marriages, it would have.

Yet, nothing. History is not the friend of the hysterics.

Probably afraid at this time since SSM is hanging by a thread.

Hang in there, if you want plural marriage, I’m sure your buddies at the LBGTQ will get if for ya.

Forum List

Back