Ted Cruz lays out democrats regarding SCOTUS nominee

A smear from Texas voters who were outraged their Senator skipped out for a warmer climate?
Were they? I suppose you have some evidence of this phenomenon?
Cruz did not come running back because Progressives were laughing at him, he came back because Texas voters were critical of his indifference

Who says he came "running back?" He had a boarding date on his return tickets, didn't he?

If conservatives were lined up against a wall and executed by a firing squad for their political beliefs, Rightwinger would have a reason to justify it.

Naturally, the next question is, are you also mocking democrats who aren't over Garland yet? You know, because years ago and stuff.
Well, that's a question for a thread about ME, isn't it?

There you can hear my opinion of the Garland hearings.

Oh wait...

Naturally, the next question is, are you also mocking democrats who aren't over Garland yet? You know, because years ago and stuff.
Democrats need to NEVER be over Garland and the resulting hypocrisy of rushing the Barrett confirmation two weeks before the election

Democrats need to NEVER be over Garland and the resulting hypocrisy of rushing the Barrett confirmation two weeks before the election
Oh, the horra, the horra. Politicians being hypocrites! Will it never cease! Good grief. Obviously, you want them to use that as an excuse to act, wait for it......exactly like those you hate, and that means you don't have any problem with them being hypocrites, you just don't like it that the opposition took advantage of an opportunity to be hypocrites and you want your guys to do the same thing, for which you would applaud them.

So don't pretend you oppose hypocrisy after that.

Oh, the horra, the horra. Politicians being hypocrites! Will it never cease! Good grief. Obviously, you want them to use that as an excuse to act, wait for it......exactly like those you hate, and that means you don't have any problem with them being hypocrites, you just don't like it that the opposition took advantage of an opportunity to be hypocrites and you want your guys to do the same thing, for which you would applaud them.

So don't pretend you oppose hypocrisy after that.
Republicans changed the rules under McConnell

The new norm is that the Senate of another party will not consider SCOTUS nominations

Republicans will have to reap what they sow

Republicans changed the rules under McConnell

The new norm is that the Senate of another party will not consider SCOTUS nominations

Republicans will have to reap what they sow
And when democrats change the rules again to favor themselves, you will naturally praise them for doing so, which reveals that you have no problem with such behavior as long as it benefits your favored party. I, OTOH, did not support putting Garland on the back burner. They should have held the vote and if they wanted to reject him in favor of the One Who Retired Hillary, voted him down. At least they would then be on record. They could have juggled the schedule around so as to hold the vote on the last day of the session and not left Obama any time to nominate another one, but at least they would have held the vote. Are you going to persist now in saying that democrats should do the same thing? It sounds like it, and it leaves you no way to oppose the Republicans doing it on principle, just partisanship.

And when democrats change the rules again to favor themselves, you will naturally praise them for doing so, which reveals that you have no problem with such behavior as long as it benefits your favored party. I, OTOH, did not support putting Garland on the back burner. They should have held the vote and if they wanted to reject him in favor of the One Who Retired Hillary, voted him down. At least they would then be on record. They could have juggled the schedule around so as to hold the vote on the last day of the session and not left Obama any time to nominate another one, but at least they would have held the vote. Are you going to persist now in saying that democrats should do the same thing? It sounds like it, and it leaves you no way to oppose the Republicans doing it on principle, just partisanship.
All bets are off
I encourage Dems to stack the court

I will expect it to happen when the court strikes down Roe v Wade

All bets are off
I encourage Dems to stack the court

I will expect it to happen when the court strikes down Roe v Wade
IOW, you encourage unethical behavior when it benefits your chosen party. We knew that. Naturally, you would shriek bloody murder when the Republicans stacked it again to eliminate your advantage. You don't think beyond today and your immediate partisan satisfaction, do you?

Forum List

Back