Ted Cruz introduces "EL CHAPO Act" to pay for the wall

Except El Chapo has nowhere near $14 billion! The most he has ever been estimated to have is $1.4 billion, none of which has been seized by the US government yet, but what is a lousy decimal point in Right-wing fuzzy math land.
So you agree with the bill in principle but believe the funds the US prosecutors are mistaken about how much money he has. The good news for you is that the title of the bill is an acronym for Ensuring Lawful Collection of Hidden Assets to Provide Order, and that it will include all funds recovered from other drug dealers and traffickers. I hope that will put your decimal point anxieties to rest.
I would rather the money go to something actually useful, like drug addiction treatment than pissed away on a worthless useless Russian type wall.
Does Russia have wall? I mean in the real world, not just in your fantasies.
Not any more, they built it in 1961 and it came down in 1989.
And you really see the relationship between the US and Mexico as the same as that between East Germany and West Germany before reunification?
A wall is a wall!

So you agree with the bill in principle but believe the funds the US prosecutors are mistaken about how much money he has. The good news for you is that the title of the bill is an acronym for Ensuring Lawful Collection of Hidden Assets to Provide Order, and that it will include all funds recovered from other drug dealers and traffickers. I hope that will put your decimal point anxieties to rest.
I would rather the money go to something actually useful, like drug addiction treatment than pissed away on a worthless useless Russian type wall.
And you really see the relationship between the US and Mexico as the same as that between East Germany and West Germany before reunification?
A wall is a wall!
Then your answer is yes, and you would support the unification of the US and Mexico.

A wall is a wall!
Then your answer is yes, and you would support the unification of the US and Mexico.
When the Russian wall came down the Russians were kicked out, not East and West Berlin both became Russian.

A wall is a wall!
When the Russian wall came down the Russians were kicked out, not East and West Berlin both became Russian.
So you are suggesting the US and Mexico should be unified.

A wall is a wall!
Damn, you are thick!

Senator Ted Cruz wants to use assets seized from drug lords such as El Chapo, the Mexican kingpin who was recently extradited to the U.S., to pay for border security and the border wall.

• The idea: U.S. prosecutors are seeking $14 billion in drug profits and other assets from El Chapo. They also routinely seize the assets of other drug dealers and traffickers.
  • The Cruz quote: "Fourteen billion dollars will go a long way toward building a wall that will keep Americans safe and hinder the illegal flow of drugs, weapons, and individuals across our southern border."
  • The acronym's meaning: Ensuring Lawful Collection of Hidden Assets to Provide Order
  • Why it matters: President Trump is trying to figure out how to pay for his border wall, which will require American taxpayers to front the bill, but Republicans aren't helping at the moment.

Great idea.

It's is an ok start. BUt just a beginning, not an end.

A wall is a wall!
Damn, you are thick!
lol It's not that I'm think but that you are not as slick as you believe you are. If you are not suggesting the US and Mexico should be unified, then it makes no sense to compare the Berlin wall to the border wall. I think the source of your confusion is that you don't know why you oppose the border wall.

A wall is a wall!
Damn, you are thick!
lol It's not that I'm think but that you are not as slick as you believe you are. If you are not suggesting the US and Mexico should be unified, then it makes no sense to compare the Berlin wall to the border wall. I think the source of your confusion is that you don't know why you oppose the border wall.
You are desperately trying to deflect from your claim that Russia never had a wall that failed.

Funny. That would still mean Americans are paying for the wall.
Well, we're paying for the lack of a wall now, so it's still a good deal.
The United States is the world's largest national economy in nominal terms and second largest according to purchasing power parity (PPP), representing 22% of nominal global GDP and 17% of gross world product (GWP).--https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_the_United_States

Excellent idea and should be pursued.

Drug proceeds paying to keep out illegal aliens and illegal drugs.

Works for me.

Senator Ted Cruz wants to use assets seized from drug lords such as El Chapo, the Mexican kingpin who was recently extradited to the U.S., to pay for border security and the border wall.

• The idea: U.S. prosecutors are seeking $14 billion in drug profits and other assets from El Chapo. They also routinely seize the assets of other drug dealers and traffickers.
  • The Cruz quote: "Fourteen billion dollars will go a long way toward building a wall that will keep Americans safe and hinder the illegal flow of drugs, weapons, and individuals across our southern border."
  • The acronym's meaning: Ensuring Lawful Collection of Hidden Assets to Provide Order
  • Why it matters: President Trump is trying to figure out how to pay for his border wall, which will require American taxpayers to front the bill, but Republicans aren't helping at the moment.

Great idea.

El Chapo’s Wall

Senator Ted Cruz came up with a brilliant idea. Let the Mexican drug lords pay for the border wall. El Chapo” (formally named Joaquin Archivaldo Guzman Lorea) alone has more than #14 billion in drug proceeds and illicit profits that the government is seeking in forfeiture.

And there are others.

It may not exactly follow the president’s promise to make Mexico pay for the wall but it’s the closest possible and the money and property are just waiting to be gathered in. Lets hope for quick movement on this Ensuring Lawful Collection of Hidden Assets to Provide Order (EL CHAPO) Act. (His aide, Sean, who came up with this title is a genius!)

Story w/link @ “El Chapo Act”, a brilliant idea from Senator Ted Cruz | Babalú Blog

And here comes the negative reaction to this:

Senator Cruz’s Border Bill Cannot Pay for the Wall @ Senator Cruz’s Border Bill Cannot Pay for the Wall (That didn’t take long)

Damn, you are thick!
You are desperately trying to deflect from your claim that Russia never had a wall that failed.
lol You are desperately trying to pretend you have some idea why you oppose the wall.

Lindsey Graham said Wall= “code word 4 better border security,” as if he's a theologian & Trump’s words are the Book of Genesis.

My fortune cookie of the day: "BORDER WALL REQUIRE MUCH STEEL. STARTING WITH TRUMP'S SPINE."

Sec Kelly bragging about budget for border ... surveillance! manpower! What's missing here? ... OH I KNOW! A WALL!

If Donald Trump did nothing but build the wall and golf, he'd be the greatest president of the last half century.

Forum List

Back