Techno-Tyrants try to Whack Dr. Roy Spencer

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
For anyone that doesn't know who Dr. Spencer is -- for about 40 years, he and Dr. Christy have been in charge of the UAH Satellite Data processing for Global Mean Earth temperature. It's ALWAYS been a joint venture with NOAA and NASA. They are one of two centers that process the data into temperatures by regions on the earth. (the other is RSS) Even tho the 2 sites use diff algorithms, there's exceptional agreement in the results. And these results are used WORLDWIDE by the GW science community.

Dr Roy has his OWN site where he publicly makes available the LATEST chart every month and weighs in on other things meteorological and Global Warming.

Well Dr. Roy JUST GOT GOOGLED. That's right. Those Liberal Arts Woking Dead fact checkers demonitized his blog. Not that STOPS the blog in any way. The amount he collected probably just paid the yearly hosting dues for a fairly simple site.

SURE -- a degree in Lativian History qualifies you to be a "misinformation sleuth" when it comes to funny looking graphs that dont look like every other graph they've seen on the web so KILL IT !!!

If you asked them to READ the graph and figure out how much GW in their lifetime they'd probably GOOGLE YOU.

Here's what Dr Spencer announced recently.

“Unreliable and harmful claims”: This website has been demonetized by Google
January 7th, 2022

DrRoySpencer.com has been demonetized by Google for “unreliable and harmful claims”. This means I can no longer generate revenue to support the website using the Google Adsense program.

From a monetary standpoint, it’s not a big deal because what I make off of Google ads is in the noise level of my family’s monthly budget. It barely made more than I pay in hosting fees and an (increasingly expensive) comment spam screener.

I’ve been getting Google warnings for a couple months now about “policy violations”, but nowhere was it listed what pages were in violation, and what those violations were. There are Adsense rules about ad placement on the page (e.g. a drop-down menu cannot overlay an ad), so I was assuming it was something like that, but I had no idea where to start looking with hundreds of web pages to sift through. It wasn’t until the ads were demonetized that Google offered links to the pages in question and what the reason was.

Of course, I should have figured out it was related to Google’s new policy about misleading content; a few months ago Google announced they would be demonetizing climate skeptic websites. I was kind of hoping my content was mainstream enough to avoid being banned since:

I believe the climate system has warmed
I believe most of this warming is probably due to greenhouse gas emissions from fossil fuel burning

Many of you know that I defend much of mainstream climate science, including climate modeling as an enterprise. Where I depart of the “mainstream” is how much warming has occurred, how much future warming can be expected, and what should be done about it from an energy policy perspective.

From the information provided by Google about my violations, in terms of the number of ads served, by far the most frequented web pages here at drroyspencer.com with “unreliable and harmful claims” are our (UAH) monthly global temperature update pages. This is obviously because some activists employed by Google (who are probably weren’t even born when John Christy and I received both NASA and American Meteorological Society awards for our work) don’t like the answer our 43-year long satellite dataset gives. Nevermind that our dataset remains one of the central global temperature datasets used by mainstream climate researchers in their work.

For now I don’t plan on appealing the decision, because it’s not worth the aggravation. If you are considered a “climate skeptic” (whatever that means) Google has already said you are targeted for termination from their Adsense program. I can’t expect their liberal arts-educated “fact checkers” to understand the nuances of the global warming debate.

We're just gonna continue letting the Techno-Tyrants putting their big asses on EVERY ASPECT of free speech and debate and ATTACK the very innate skeptical nature of science. The people they hire to MAKE these calls are NOT QUALIFIED to judge scientific discussion and CERTAINLY NOT qualified to decide what's dangerous discussion or debate. I've degoogled my life best I can. Suggest others do the same. But to let you know -- YOU CAN NOT BE FREE OF THEM anymore. They have hooked up with the OTHER techno-tyrants to put you where they want you.

Waiting for the puff of smoke to take out my computer.

Welcome to my world, my Forum (at the time within the largest 15 climate forums in the world) was deliberately shut down with a barrage of lies by the Server host (who pretended that I DO NOT have my forum on their server) who was bought out by a large corporation the same corporation that also eliminated my password access to the 17-year-old Yahoo account where I had access to a hidden forum that actual scientists debated in on climate issues which in the early days had Dr. Mann and Dr. Schmidt participating in.

Could start another forum and refill part of it from the old forum, but that is a lot of work and with no help not worth it.

For anyone that doesn't know who Dr. Spencer is -- for about 40 years, he and Dr. Christy have been in charge of the UAH Satellite Data processing for Global Mean Earth temperature. It's ALWAYS been a joint venture with NOAA and NASA. They are one of two centers that process the data into temperatures by regions on the earth. (the other is RSS) Even tho the 2 sites use diff algorithms, there's exceptional agreement in the results. And these results are used WORLDWIDE by the GW science community.

Dr Roy has his OWN site where he publicly makes available the LATEST chart every month and weighs in on other things meteorological and Global Warming.

Well Dr. Roy JUST GOT GOOGLED. That's right. Those Liberal Arts Woking Dead fact checkers demonitized his blog. Not that STOPS the blog in any way. The amount he collected probably just paid the yearly hosting dues for a fairly simple site.

SURE -- a degree in Lativian History qualifies you to be a "misinformation sleuth" when it comes to funny looking graphs that dont look like every other graph they've seen on the web so KILL IT !!!

If you asked them to READ the graph and figure out how much GW in their lifetime they'd probably GOOGLE YOU.

January 7th, 2022

DrRoySpencer.com has been demonetized by Google for “unreliable and harmful claims”. This means I can no longer generate revenue to support the website using the Google Adsense program.

From a monetary standpoint, it’s not a big deal because what I make off of Google ads is in the noise level of my family’s monthly budget. It barely made more than I pay in hosting fees and an (increasingly expensive) comment spam screener.

I’ve been getting Google warnings for a couple months now about “policy violations”, but nowhere was it listed what pages were in violation, and what those violations were. There are Adsense rules about ad placement on the page (e.g. a drop-down menu cannot overlay an ad), so I was assuming it was something like that, but I had no idea where to start looking with hundreds of web pages to sift through. It wasn’t until the ads were demonetized that Google offered links to the pages in question and what the reason was.

Of course, I should have figured out it was related to Google’s new policy about misleading content; a few months ago Google announced they would be demonetizing climate skeptic websites. I was kind of hoping my content was mainstream enough to avoid being banned since:

I believe most of this warming is probably due to greenhouse gas emissions from fossil fuel burning

Many of you know that I defend much of mainstream climate science, including climate modeling as an enterprise. Where I depart of the “mainstream” is how much warming has occurred, how much future warming can be expected, and what should be done about it from an energy policy perspective.

From the information provided by Google about my violations, in terms of the number of ads served, by far the most frequented web pages here at drroyspencer.com with “unreliable and harmful claims” are our (UAH) monthly global temperature update pages. This is obviously because some activists employed by Google (who are probably weren’t even born when John Christy and I received both NASA and American Meteorological Society awards for our work) don’t like the answer our 43-year long satellite dataset gives. Nevermind that our dataset remains one of the central global temperature datasets used by mainstream climate researchers in their work.

For now I don’t plan on appealing the decision, because it’s not worth the aggravation. If you are considered a “climate skeptic” (whatever that means) Google has already said you are targeted for termination from their Adsense program. I can’t expect their liberal arts-educated “fact checkers” to understand the nuances of the global warming debate.

We're just gonna continue letting the Techno-Tyrants putting their big asses on EVERY ASPECT of free speech and debate and ATTACK the very innate skeptical nature of science. The people they hire to MAKE these calls are NOT QUALIFIED to judge scientific discussion and CERTAINLY NOT qualified to decide what's dangerous discussion or debate. I've degoogled my life best I can. Suggest others do the same. But to let you know -- YOU CAN NOT BE FREE OF THEM anymore. They have hooked up with the OTHER techno-tyrants to put you where they want you.

One major mistake here. Whether or not Google allows you to make a profit off material you post on their site - or even whether or not they allow you on at all - is NOT a question of free speech. For christ's sake, read the fucking Constitution.

One major mistake here. Whether or not Google allows you to make a profit off material you post on their site - or even whether or not they allow you on at all - is NOT a question of free speech. For christ's sake, read the fucking Constitution.

What you're arguing is that free speech is not ECONOMICALLY free anymore. That accesx to speech doesn't even resemble the democratic potential of the internet invention. If you're forced to PAY for it because the techo-tyrants have a virtual monopoly and CARTEL on web site advertising as the GINOROUS and only brokers of advertising -- then YOU personally dont get the same benefit of completely free speech that other clients do.

It's a hurdle for some that SMART cookies dont want to see as an IMPEDIMENT to hosting discussion and debate on the Internet.

YOU AND I are on shaky ground because USMB is ATTEMPTING to be a last refuge of ANY social media that is FAIR AND BALANCED. It's COMING for USMB. It's a matter of time. Ad services get pulled, the site is UNSELLABLE (value ruined) and either the MEMBERS start coughing bucks for supplies, servers, hosting and a maintenance staff or we go away.

Did I make it a tad realler for ya? :poke:

Even if the demonitization does not stop the blog, google's attack was meant as punishment and an attack on free speech. Google doesn't need to modify, delete, or hide content in order to attack free speech, they can punish it. Punishment is still an attack on free speech.

As far as consolidated power to CHOOSE the speech THEY APPROVE OF under very shaky excuses for their actions (like this one attacking a guy who's been in charge of creating the sat record) and crush your ability to monetize it (because only THEY create the ABILITY to monetize it) -- that's a direct threat to free speech.

Private entities can impose specific LIMITATIONS on speech, they should not be able to ORGANIZE mindless CARTEL-like systems that become POLITICAL ADVOCACY groups in collusion with govt power.

How many 100s of times did Google walk into the Obama WHouse? Here's the playbook. Govt/Techno-Tyrant collusion of the WORST kind.

House Democrats are officially harnessing the force of the federal government in an attempt to bully cable carriers and big tech platforms into banning conservative or right-leaning television networks and publications from their platforms.

In a letter to the CEOs of AT&T, Hulu, Alphabet Inc., Altice USA, Cox Communications, Dish Network, Charter Communications, Comcast, Apple, Amazon, Roku, Democrat Congressmen Jerry McNerny and Anna Eshoo are essentially demanding contracts with right leaning outlets be terminated and therefore, deplatformed.

"Our country’s public discourse is plagued by misinformation, disinformation, conspiracy theories, and lies. These phenomena undergird the radicalization of seditious individuals who committed acts of insurrection on January 6 , and it contributes to a growing distrust of public health measures necessary to crush the pandemic. We are concerned about the role AT&T plays in disseminating misinformation to millions of its U-verse, DirecTV, and AT&T TV subscribers, and we write to you today to request additional information about what actions AT&T is taking to address these issues. Nearly half of Americans get their news primarily from TV. However, not all TV news sources are the same. Some purported news outlets have long been misinformation rumor mills and conspiracy theory hotbeds that produce content that leads to real harm," they wrote. "Misinformation on TV has led to our current polluted information environment that radicalizes individuals to commit seditious acts and rejects public health best practices, among other issues in our public discourse."

"Are you planning to continue carrying Fox News, Newsmax, and OANN on U-verse, DirecTV, and AT&T TV both now and beyond any contract renewal date? If so, why?"

ANY techno-tyrant company that RESPONDS to requests like that should have to FILE as a Political Advocacy group and DECLARE their monetary equivalent contributions which should be LIMITED by the existing rules for political contributions. Calls from Congress to CRUSH parlor happened in the same way and MULTIPLE big Tyranny Tech companies cooperated to make it happen.

Last edited:
As far as consolidated power to CHOOSE the speech THEY APPROVE OF under very shaky excuses for their actions (like this one attacking a guy who's been in charge of creating the sat record) and crush your ability to monetize it (because only THEY create the ABILITY to monetize it) -- that's a direct threat to free speech.

Private entities can impose specific LIMITATIONS on speech, they should not be able to ORGANIZE mindless CARTEL-like systems that become POLITICAL ADVOCACY groups in collusion with govt power.

How many 100s of times did Google walk into the Obama WHouse? Here's the playbook. Govt/Techno-Tyrant collusion of the WORST kind.

House Democrats are officially harnessing the force of the federal government in an attempt to bully cable carriers and big tech platforms into banning conservative or right-leaning television networks and publications from their platforms.

In a letter to the CEOs of AT&T, Hulu, Alphabet Inc., Altice USA, Cox Communications, Dish Network, Charter Communications, Comcast, Apple, Amazon, Roku, Democrat Congressmen Jerry McNerny and Anna Eshoo are essentially demanding contracts with right leaning outlets be terminated and therefore, deplatformed.

"Our country’s public discourse is plagued by misinformation, disinformation, conspiracy theories, and lies. These phenomena undergird the radicalization of seditious individuals who committed acts of insurrection on January 6 , and it contributes to a growing distrust of public health measures necessary to crush the pandemic. We are concerned about the role AT&T plays in disseminating misinformation to millions of its U-verse, DirecTV, and AT&T TV subscribers, and we write to you today to request additional information about what actions AT&T is taking to address these issues. Nearly half of Americans get their news primarily from TV. However, not all TV news sources are the same. Some purported news outlets have long been misinformation rumor mills and conspiracy theory hotbeds that produce content that leads to real harm," they wrote. "Misinformation on TV has led to our current polluted information environment that radicalizes individuals to commit seditious acts and rejects public health best practices, among other issues in our public discourse."

"Are you planning to continue carrying Fox News, Newsmax, and OANN on U-verse, DirecTV, and AT&T TV both now and beyond any contract renewal date? If so, why?"

ANY techno-tyrant company that RESPONDS to requests like that should have to FILE as a Political Advocacy group and DECLARE their monetary equivalent contributions which should be LIMITED by the existing rules for political contributions. Calls from Congress to CRUSH parlor happened in the same way and MULTIPLE big Tyranny Tech companies cooperated to make it happen.
In a landmark 1973 case, Norwood v. Harrison, the Supreme Court held that government “may not induce, encourage or promote private persons to accomplish what it is constitutionally forbidden to accomplish.”

In a landmark 1973 case, Norwood v. Harrison, the Supreme Court held that government “may not induce, encourage or promote private persons to accomplish what it is constitutionally forbidden to accomplish.”

When part of your political system has no respect for SupCt decisions or the Constitution -- you've got to worry just a little bit more. Dont want to disturb your sleep, but SOON the tech-pirate oligarchy is gonna achieve "DOMESTIC SPYING" capabilities on par or BETTER than the NSA "Big Brother" 702 system. No more messy FISA court applications or rules.

Would that qualify as "private persons accomplishing what is constitutionally forbidden"?

Yup .......

THEN -- they can forget about stopping "insurrections" and "dangerous information" at the CORPORATE level -- like Parler and cable news. THEN they can drill down to POSTS LIKE THIS ONE and just separate out the "rabid cattle" like me.

OR Dr, Roy Spencer, Right now, Google DOES have THOUSANDS of liberal arts majors selected for their wokeness to DO THAT. But in a matter of maybe 5 years, when they finish colluding with Operating Systems, Browsers, Security, financial, communication tech companies -- they wont need all the minority studies students anymore.

Last edited:
I started another forum (agwskeptics.info) in 2019 two years after my big forum (2009-2017) was taken away from me at first it was fine but towards the end it began to get a lot of harassing actions against it despite having just 27 members and mostly my postings and little else.

I let the forum account lapse for nonpayment, I still have the domain access in case something can develop.

When part of your political system has no respect for SupCt decisions or the Constitution -- you've got to worry just a little bit more. Dont want to disturb your sleep, but SOON the tech-pirate oligarchy is gonna achieve "DOMESTIC SPYING" capabilities on par or BETTER than the NSA "Big Brother" 702 system. No more messy FISA court applications or rules.

Would that qualify as "private persons accomplishing what is constitutionally forbidden"?

Yup .......

THEN -- they can forget about stopping "insurrections" and "dangerous information" at the CORPORATE level -- like Parler and cable news. THEN they can drill down to POSTS LIKE THIS ONE and just separate out the "rabid cattle" like me.

OR Dr, Roy Spencer, Right now, Google DOES have THOUSANDS of liberal arts majors selected for their wokeness to DO THAT. But in a matter of maybe 5 years, when they finish colluding with Operating Systems, Browsers, Security, financial, communication tech companies -- they wont need all the minority studies students anymore.
Spot on. You are awake.

January 7th, 2022

Interesting. Dr. Spencer has tried his best to deny AGW. And failed miserably. His own graph shows how rapid and significant the warming is. And that is changing our climate.

1643510555324.png

January 7th, 2022

My only response is what leftists on this site state. You’re racist.

All jokes aside we need regulations on these Tech Monopolies

LOL These lying fucks of really hate it when you regulate a business so it cannot poison you. But if the business has rules that say you cannot post outright lies on their search engine, that is terribly criminal. Guess what, the Constitution protects their right to kick people off their sites.

My only response is what leftists on this site state. You’re racist.

All jokes aside we need regulations on these Tech Monopolies
My response to you is that you are retarded. And the funny thing is, whenever I have posted the UAH graphs, you assholes have immediately started hollering fake chart. Without ever checking Dr. Spencer's rather odd ideas about AGW and evolution.

My response to you is that you are retarded. And the funny thing is, whenever I have posted the UAH graphs, you assholes have immediately started hollering fake chart. Without ever checking Dr. Spencer's rather odd ideas about AGW and evolution.
You seem upset? Need a safe space?

Interesting. Dr. Spencer has tried his best to deny AGW. And failed miserably. His own graph shows how rapid and significant the warming is. And that is changing our climate.

View attachment 594542

You having graph issues AGAIN? Or are our definitions of "rapid and significant" a bit different?

The 30 year trend line that USUALLY shows in the graph is at 0.14DegC/decade.
It's in his summary every month. Actually LAND = 0.18 and SEA = 0.12 or something like that -- which averages out to 0.14. (NOAA didn't like it that the seas were holding up DOOMSDAY on the calendar -- so they FUDGED new configurations of measuring sea based temperatures back around 2012 or so out of their 20,000 thermometer surface based temperature records)

Also why you dont SEE the Satellite record used much in the FEAR PORN section of GWarming papers.

That's 0.014DegC PER YEAR !!! ONE HUNDRED YEARS from now at THAT rate -- the world would be about 1.5DegC hotter.. YOU WORRIED ABOUT THAT GOLDIROCKS?

This is why the political generals running what's LEFT of CATASTROPHIC Global Warming Fear Train have resorted to NOT TALKING about the future and giving us this SILLY ASS "deadlines" on when it's TOO LATE to save the planet.

When the last real GW Headline you SAW in the mainstream media on Page 1 about "New Study Shows the Temperature in 2100 will BAKE EGGS ON THE SIDEWALK" ??? LOL..

Also why you dont SEE the Satellite record used much in the FEAR PORN section of GWarming science papers.

Last edited:
LOL These lying fucks of really hate it when you regulate a business so it cannot poison you. But if the business has rules that say you cannot post outright lies on their search engine, that is terribly criminal. Guess what, the Constitution protects their right to kick people off their sites.

Hey DUDE !!! What was Dr Roy Spencer's crime here? That his professional dedication to science and objectivity was JUDGED by a handful of 30 something KNOW NOTHINGS who couldn't tell you how much the Earth has warmed in their petty little tyranty lives -- is a CRIME in itself against society and science.

I'm a libertarian. I'm looking at it as COLLUSION between rabid govt DESIRES to capitalize on GW and the tech companies. All these actions are POLITCAL CONTRIBUTIONS and should be treated as such. They ARE NOT SCIENCE or TRUTH. They are POLITICAL repression.

Make them REPORT these favors as political contributions. Estimate the equivalent value of the efforts that Google/FB/YouTube make to quelling DISSENT to their efforts. And then PUNISH them for exceeding campaign contributions if they refuse to file as 501-3C entities. Because that's what their ACTIONS amount to.

That's the regulation I WANT...

Last edited:
They are one of two centers that process the data into temperatures by regions on the earth. (the other is RSS) Even tho the 2 sites use diff algorithms, there's exceptional agreement in the results
Only after RSS corrected Spencer and Chrsty's fake data, as you well know!

Forum List

Back