Teacher writes "loser" on student's assignment

Are you suggesting these people are lying about her being bullied, harrassed and getting threatening text messages? And being labeled a loser is somehow a badge of honor, worthy of being deemed a hero? You'll have to provide evidence of that if that's what you're saying. Apparently you didn't read the article.

Teacher Rex Roland Writes 'Loser' on Student's Assignments - AOL News

Popular teacher.

Parent complains.

Kid gets heat.

But, I do not believe the parent on the amount of texts...besides....what's a 6th grader doing with a text capable cell phone anyways? Sounds to me like poor parenting here.

I see, blame everyone but the teacher.

I see. Haven't read all my comments on this thread. :lol::lol::lol:

i have a 12 year old boy. and i can tell you they wound easily. how quickly they heal depends in large part on their other resources and what they get their self-esteem from. but i think you underestimate the depth of damage a teacher can do.
The difference between memory and being there now.
Parents have a lot to do with the healing - almost half the girls I knew (well enough to know whether it was the case) in college had been molested by relatives before they were 18. Universally their parents knew about it (at some point) and had done nothing- they all had issues. The ones with happy childhoods (meaning decent parents) were a lot more self secure.
I will presume your kids are pretty secure, and if not TMI.

my son is very competant and secure.... and spoiled as. but they still get hurt.

i have a 12 year old boy. and i can tell you they wound easily. how quickly they heal depends in large part on their other resources and what they get their self-esteem from. but i think you underestimate the depth of damage a teacher can do.
Parents have a lot to do with the healing - almost half the girls I knew (well enough to know whether it was the case) in college had been molested by relatives before they were 18. Universally their parents knew about it (at some point) and had done nothing- they all had issues. The ones with happy childhoods (meaning decent parents) were a lot more self secure.

Anyone wanna guess what lesson this girl (and all around her) have gotten from this incident?

I find that quite hard to believe with today's attitude towards "school boys" and "school girls". I would easier believe this kid is now a hero to his peers. That's how much education and doing well is devalued today within peer groups.

Are you suggesting these people are lying about her being bullied, harrassed and getting threatening text messages? And being labeled a loser is somehow a badge of honor, worthy of being deemed a hero? You'll have to provide evidence of that if that's what you're saying. Apparently you didn't read the article.

Popular teacher.

Parent complains.

Kid gets heat.

But, I do not believe the parent on the amount of texts...besides....what's a 6th grader doing with a text capable cell phone anyways? Sounds to me like poor parenting here.

i don't know any kids who DON'T have text-capable cell phones.

Popular teacher.

Parent complains.

Kid gets heat.

i don't know any kids who DON'T have text-capable cell phones.

6th graders? Shame.

Popular teacher.

Parent complains.

Kid gets heat.

No I haven't, just the ones I commented on and from what I've seen you're blaming everyone but the teacher.

Anyone wanna guess what lesson this girl (and all around her) have gotten from this incident?
Don't put up with bullies.

No I haven't, just the ones I commented on and from what I've seen you're blaming everyone but the teacher.

Well, you think that as someone who is all high and mighty about having researched this case further would have taken the time to read all of my comments on this issue before making a false generalization. But, I guess you only do what you want to do.

Don't put up with bullies.

Whine to your parents and get teachers to back down....I wonder what they get to throw their weight around next over.

my son is very competant and secure.... and spoiled as. but they still get hurt.
Hurt and healed is superior to never knew aught but luxury until slapped with cold reality at 18.

We had guys in the NAVAL Reserve who at 18 expected their mommies to call them in sick on Drill Weekends. Some of the funniest phone calls I ever had. Had one mom start a Congressional investigation on my CO because her darling went to Capt's Mast over chronic showing up late for work/duty. As Admin Officer I had to field THAT one. :cuckoo:

Well, you think that as someone who is all high and mighty about having researched this case further would have taken the time to read all of my comments on this issue before making a false generalization. But, I guess you only do what you want to do.

Actually I can base my opinion on what you've told me. And as I've said, it appears your blaming everyone but the teacher.

Actually I can base my opinion on what you've told me. And as I've said, it appears your blaming everyone but the teacher.

Get back to me when you've finally made the effort to read ALL my comments on this thread.

Being a Lesbian may be a good choice?

Being a Lesbian may be a good choice?

:confused:

Get back to me when you've finally made the effort to read ALL my comments on this thread.

Why? Did you contradict yourself somewhere? As I've stated, from what I have read you haven't placed any of the blame on the teacher. I asked what if it happened to your child and you said you would want to know what did your child do to warrant being labeled a loser, not considering the fact that the teacher was out of line to even suggest any child is a loser. There is no reason on earth that a teacher should be demeaning a child, especially at such a fragile age. The fact that you cannot see this makes me question your parenting skills and your honesty.

Why? Did you contradict yourself somewhere? As I've stated, from what I have read you haven't placed any of the blame on the teacher. I asked what if it happened to your child and you said you would want to know what did your child do to warrant being labeled a loser, not considering the fact that the teacher was out of line to even suggest any child is a loser. There is no reason on earth that a teacher should be demeaning a child, especially at such a fragile age. The fact that you cannot see this makes me question your parenting skills and your honesty.
So...are you willing to bet a week's voluntary vacation from these boards on me "never placing any blame on the teacher"?

I'm willing to bet.

So...are you willing to bet a week's voluntary vacation from these boards on me "never placing any blame on the teacher"?

I'm willing to bet.

I don't engage in petty wagers but you obviously have contradicted yourself if you're now saying you DID blame the teacher for an asinine move.

I'm willing to bet.

:confused: That's a weird bet

Forum List

Back