Teacher shortage = Virtual Teacher + "teaching assistant"

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
This will be the wave of the future: your child will have a "virtual teacher" on the screen and a teaching assistant in the room. That is if school districts can find people to work in classrooms for whatever peanuts they will pay them to act as "teaching assistants" and deal with exploding student behavior problems and mental health issues.

We are in a real fix. I can tell you that.

CHAPIN, S.C. — Amanda Mignault has been teaching for three years and has yet to step foot in a classroom.
"I live in South Carolina, and my classes are in Louisiana and Georgia,” said Mignault.
Her students are in person sitting side by side at their desks while she is at home teaching virtual lessons, remotely.

It's made possible by an Austin, Texas, based company called Proximity Learning which helps school districts fill the need for teachers.

Local school district using innovative way to fill teacher shortages

This will be the wave of the future: your child will have a "virtual teacher" on the screen and a teaching assistant in the room. That is if school districts can find people to work in classrooms for whatever peanuts they will pay them to act as "teaching assistants" and deal with exploding student behavior problems and mental health issues.

We are in a real fix. I can tell you that.

CHAPIN, S.C. — Amanda Mignault has been teaching for three years and has yet to step foot in a classroom.
"I live in South Carolina, and my classes are in Louisiana and Georgia,” said Mignault.
Her students are in person sitting side by side at their desks while she is at home teaching virtual lessons, remotely.

It's made possible by an Austin, Texas, based company called Proximity Learning which helps school districts fill the need for teachers.

Local school district using innovative way to fill teacher shortages
Hi Sue....
I follow your posts regularly...and do admire your dedication to your trade.
I have always said that teachers, not professional athletes, are the ones that should have multimillion dollar contracts. Our society is completely upside down I'm afraid.

Now with the new threat from the encroachment of Pedophiles into the trade and I no longer no what to hope for in the future of education for our kids.

Jo

Hi Sue....
I have always said that teachers, not professional athletes, are the ones that should have multimillion dollar contracts. Our society is completely upside down I'm afraid.

Now with the new threat from the encroachment of Pedophiles into the trade and I no longer no what to hope for in the future of education for our kids.

Jo

The videos on Libs of Tik Tok are horrendous. These are mentally ill narcissists using children to make themselves feel relevant. It's horrific.

We are in error when we think this is anything other than a fraction of the teacher workforce though. As I have said so many times here. The Right is doing to teachers now just what the Left did with Defund the Police.

Results coming in Fall 2022 and beyond.

:rolleyes:
I don't want to hear about teachers complaining about their salaries. Damn near everyone in any occupation thinks they are underpaid. Nobody complains about being overpaid.

One of my kids is an elementary school teacher at a public school and she's making six figures.

Same thing with an old girlfriend of mine. She's a retired kindergarten teacher and was making over a hundred grand/year before she retired.

It's not like teachers are living in poverty, as they would have you believe.

Last edited:
I don't want to hear about teachers complaining about their salaries. Damn near everyone in any occupation thinks they are underpaid. Nobody complains about being overpaid.

One of my kids is an elementary school teacher at a public school and she's making six figures.

Same thing with an old girlfriend of mine. She's a retired kindergarten teacher and was making over a hundred grand/year before she retired.

No choice, no peace! Burn the state schools down.

MI teachers are generally well paid. But MI isn't like everywhere.

Sue is 1000 percent correct. Villify all because of a tiny tiny miniscule percent. We just gave our teachers a six percent raise. It's either that or they are leaving for higher pay.

Hi Sue....

Jo

While the old "pay teachers like baseball players" mantra seems like a viable idea, it simply isn't economically feasible, both due to the sheer number of teachers out there, and the fact that while plenty of people have the talent to teach, a far fewer number have the talent to play baseball at a professional level, and more importantly at a level high enough where people are willing to pay through the nose to watch them play.

When teaching gets billion dollar level TV contracts from the education version of ESPN, then the comparison of the two would be more apt.

The videos on Libs of Tik Tok are horrendous. These are mentally ill narcissists using children to make themselves feel relevant. It's horrific.

We are in error when we think this is anything other than a fraction of the teacher workforce though. As I have said so many times here. The Right is doing to teachers now just what the Left did with Defund the Police.

Results coming in Fall 2022 and beyond.

It's the loud fraction, it's the fraction pushing policy, and it's the faction making the rest of you look bad.

The Right isn't talking about funding at all, it's talking about actual teachers spouting actual SJW crap and proudly saying they will continue to do so despite parental objections.

It's too bad the right has been bashing teachers since as long as I can remember. I cannot vote for a democrat and the republicans are repugnant enough to keep me from voting for them. They twist everything for the sake of the $. They see what bashing on pice has done but condone bashing teachers. Hypocrites.

Sue is 1000 percent correct. Villify all because of a tiny tiny miniscule percent. We just gave our teachers a six percent raise. It's either that or they are leaving for higher pay.

The attrition in the fall will still be awful. Good for you but it's a drop in the bucket at this point.

It's too bad the right has been bashing teachers since as long as I can remember. I cannot vote for a democrat and the republicans are repugnant enough to keep me from voting for them. They twist everything for the sake of the $. They see what bashing on pice has done but condone bashing teachers. Hypocrites.

It's mostly bashing teacher's unions, which if the one in NYC is a median example, should all be outlawed immediately.

It's mostly bashing teacher's unions, which if the one in NYC is a median example, should all be outlawed immediately.
That's like saying that those vilifying police are only talking about police unions.

That's like saying that those vilifying police are only talking about police unions.

It's much more of an issue with teacher's unions in large cities than with police unions. Police unions can't stop police officers from being indicted when they go overboard, however the issues with teachers contracts and unions aren't criminal, just terrible.

It's much more of an issue with teacher's unions in large cities than with police unions. Police unions can't stop police officers from being indicted when they go overboard, however the issues with teachers contracts and unions aren't criminal, just terrible.
Same attitude toward the same kind of isolated incidents. Just as the left wing media demands of you.

Forum List

Back