Teacher Fired For Comments At OWS (video)

If it had been a white guy saying all black people should be removed from America, he would be in jail.
Bull shit but he'd have the right to sue, just like anyone else if that were the case. I may not agree with what she said but if what she said is on her own time her employer better have some valid reason other than what she said on that interview to fire her. I see a law suit in that schools future.

Last edited:
Action. Consequence. I support her right to speak freely, and the right of her employer to 'fire' her if they see fit.

Learn this: The Constitution guarantees your right to speak freely. It does not guarantee it will be without consequences.

WHAT A FANTASTIC NEW AVI!!! :clap2:

It is sooooo you, HAWT one....:clap2: :clap2:

Great post, too...:lol:

Thanks! I can't take the credit... my magnificent avatars are down to the design skills of Navy1960's wonderfully gifted daughter. She rocks!

Her speech may have been inflammatory, but she didn't incite violence. Therefore, it was not unconstitutional.

Woah! Yes, one has the freedom to say whatever they want (minus assault) without fear of being arrested and/or executed. (God Bless America) However, every place of employment has their own policies and procedures.

Probably somewhere in those policies and procedures is a policy against discrimination. And even though she was on her own time, administrators were probably concerned with how she might treat Jews in her classroom.

This is such a delicate subject. I'm from Tennessee, so I'm not around very many Jewish people. But my three Jewish friends are among three of the people I'm most fond of, and respect greatly. There are scoundrels in every race, religion, region, etc... Hopefully she will see a bigger picture of our problems in the US, after all this. And hopefully she will find another job soon....and will have a fresh perspective.

I'm sure they have a job for her at the Black Panthers.

Dammit, I'm trying to be serious, and you just made me laugh. Every one of us has had misguided anger and frustration at some point in our lives. She is no exception. Now if she starts a huge campaign against Jews, whites, American Indians, Asians, or whomever, then I'll say that you're right.

I'm sure that she's regretting that decision on this sunny Saturday afternoon. Well...it's sunny here. Is it sunny there? (irrelevant, I know)

Dammit, I'm trying to be serious, and you just made me laugh. Every one of us has had misguided anger and frustration at some point in our lives. She is no exception. Now if she starts a huge campaign against Jews, whites, American Indians, Asians, or whomever, then I'll say that you're right.

I'm sure that she's regretting that decision on this sunny Saturday afternoon. Well...it's sunny here. Is it sunny there? (irrelevant, I know)

It may come as a surprise to you, but cross burning is legal.

She is inciting violence.

What violence occurred? "Removing" someone from the US doesn't equate with violence. There are a lot of people who want to 'remove' all blacks from American and send them to Africa.

How are you going to remove all the Jews from America without violence?

Easy. Deposit their savings in bank accounts overseas without the option of electronic transfer.

That would fall under assault, would it not?

For gawd's sake, I haven't lived in TN ALL my life. I'm not that far displaced from culture. The only ancestors I know of who fought in the civil war were on the Union side. The rest were Chickasaw or not here.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this trend that is in America right now. Everyone thinks that everyone but they are stupid. Jaysus! It's frustrating. No wonder none of us get along.

For gawd's sake, I haven't lived in TN ALL my life. I'm not that far displaced from culture. The only ancestors I know of who fought in the civil war were on the Union side. The rest were Chickasaw or not here.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this trend that is in America right now. Everyone thinks that everyone but they are stupid. Jaysus! It's frustrating. No wonder none of us get along.

I'm sure you'll find the local cross burning in east TN. Just keep your eyes open for the little red cloth on the mailbox.

I'm sure you'll find the local cross burning in east TN. Just keep your eyes open for the little red cloth on the mailbox.

OMG! :lol: I won't see that here, in Nashville, where I live. If someone were to try that HERE, they would find themselves with their throat slashed.

Have you been to TN much? I'm still trying to figure out where Hillbilly Hollywood is. Is that in Franklin, or Brentwood? Considering that Nashville is about 40% minorities and has one of the fastest growing suburbs surrounding it in the US, that would be a goofy move. And it would be REALLY stupid in Memphis, which is more than 60% black. East TN, I'll give you that one. But it depends on where in East TN one finds themself.

Considering that I'm part-minority myself, why would I participate in such backward thinking?

OMG! :lol: I won't see that here, in Nashville, where I live. If someone were to try that HERE, they would find themselves with their throat slashed.

Have you been to TN much? I'm still trying to figure out where Hillbilly Hollywood is. Is that in Franklin, or Brentwood? Considering that Nashville is about 40% minorities and has one of the fastest growing suburbs surrounding it in the US, that would be a goofy move. And it would be REALLY stupid in Memphis, which is more than 60% black. East TN, I'll give you that one. But it depends on where in East TN one finds themself.

Considering that I'm part-minority myself, why would I participate in such backward thinking?

1) Pulaski TN is not in east TN. Neither is Memphis.
2) I lived in Nashville 20 years.
3) It would seem the Klan is still active in Nashville and no one got their throat slashed.
Nashville residents find KKK fliers - UPI.com

4) If you can't figure out Hillbilly Hollywood you are SO Nashville!
6) Nashville proper no doubt has far more minorities than 40%. The 40% counts the white 'bedroom' communities.
7) Want a little 'culture'? Go for a night out at the Schirmerhorn. You might learn something.
8) Next you will tell me you live in the Cumberland. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Haha. You are referring to where I'm speaking of. I work there, so I know. In the cumberland? Ewwww! I don't want to smell like shit, so I'll steer clear of the Cumberland. Disgusting. Schirmerhorn. Nope, you've got me. I'm not familiar with it.

I didn't live in Nashville at that time, but I'll take your word for it. I'm not anti-black, trust me. My dentist, internal medicine physician, and cardiologists are all black. I trust them 100%. I would not do something that stupid. It's the freedom of speech that we've all been talking about. No matter what the US does, we will always have people who will say and do stupid things.

Forum List

Back