Teach the kids this.

High school commencement ceremonies should also tell the kids what is waiting for them in the real world. It's a jungle out there and most have not been prepared by their 'education' to survive in it.

High school commencement ceremonies should also tell the kids what is waiting for them in the real world. It's a jungle out there and most have not been prepared by their 'education' to survive in it.
Are you under the impression that every high school kid in America lives in a gated community and attends a country club?

Are you under the impression that every high school kid in America lives in a gated community and attends a country club?
All live in a parallel universe (Lalaland) while in school. Ironically the country club kids are better prepared for life, thanks to successful parents. They generally have a strong work ethic, and an aversion to risk. This is especially true of Jewish and Asian kids.

Last edited:
How about Home Economics in High School?
What?
Schools in your area don’t have this?

My District has Home Ec in middle school and High School
My room is right across the hallway.
They always bring me cookies, pizza, cupcakes, bread, spaghetti and many other fabulous treats.

What?
Schools in your area don’t have this?

My District has Home Ec in middle school and High School
My room is right across the hallway.
They always bring me cookies, pizza, cupcakes, bread, spaghetti and many other fabulous treats.
You should have a discussion with your high school or college children about paying the mortgage, rent, electric bill, gas bill, water bill, auto insurance, average food shopping cost, how much did the washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, bar of soap, towels, etc, etc, etc. cost.
I bet they have 0 idea.

You should have a discussion with your high school or college children about paying the mortgage, rent, electric bill, gas bill, water bill, auto insurance, average food shopping cost, how much did the washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, bar of soap, towels, etc, etc, etc. cost.
I bet they have 0 idea.
Why would you think that?

Oh, I know, simply because you have no clue what my District has for curriculum.
We actually have a class called "Personal Finance."

Would you care to see a list of the material taught in the class?
Or will you just call bullshit.

Not everyone is as indoctrinated as you, because you listen to and believe all the right wing talking points.

We also have a wood shop and a metal shop.

Why would you think that?

Oh, I know, simply because you have no clue what my District has for curriculum.
We actually have a class called "Personal Finance."

Would you care to see a list of the material taught in the class?
Or will you just call bullshit.

Not everyone is as indoctrinated as you, because you listen to and believe all the right wing talking points.

We also have a wood shop and a metal shop.
Thanks for not reading my posts on a regular basis.
I have family and friends all across the US.
When I meet a parent who can tell me about a Personal Finance class, I'll let you know.
It could be because Jews concentrate on becoming MDs and the ones who can't become accountants and attorneys.

For what it's worth, wood shop and a metal shop are fantastic skills to master and fall back on when times in other fields are bad.
Almost all of my Blue Collar co-workers can build a Permit perfect house from scratch.

Forum List

Back