Tea Party vs Occupy Wall Street

Tea Party vs Occupy Wall Street
I don't think there is a VS there. they have more in common than not. Both are tired of being F'd by gov and big business.

Official Occupy list of demands:

Eliminate Corporate Rights as Persons
Repeal of the Patriot Act
Forced Acquisition of the Federal Reserve for $1Billion USD by the US Congress
Restructure Campaign Finance Legislation
Forgive Student Loan Debt and Reform Funding for Education
End the War on Drugs

I dont think any of those are unreasonable. In fact I think we might be on to something.

I haven't heard any of those complaints from the "occupiers". Matter of fact, I don't believe I have heard any of them make a complete sentence that makes sense.

Mr Nick, tea party goes home to their family and have a job, that is something that 14 million Americans do not have, a job. I am independent, retiree, comfortable financially, and have been waiting for a long time for this movement. The government represents 1% period. Why is it that members of congress, most of them millionaires, do not want to stop subsidies? 167 Billion in farm subsidies that go to non farmers, look at the data base for subsidies. Real farmers are going broke, while our tax money goes to the wealthy conglomerates in the name of farm subsidies. Congress does not want to cut that? Why is that? In Ron Paul's district alone they receive millions a year in farm subsidies, checks going to addresses in Miami, New York, etc. Don't label this movement because it is something the disenfranchised will embrace, the 99%.

Mr Nick, tea party goes home to their family and have a job, that is something that 14 million Americans do not have, a job. I am independent, retiree, comfortable financially, and have been waiting for a long time for this movement. The government represents 1% period. Why is it that members of congress, most of them millionaires, do not want to stop subsidies? 167 Billion in farm subsidies that go to non farmers, look at the data base for subsidies. Real farmers are going broke, while our tax money goes to the wealthy conglomerates in the name of farm subsidies. Congress does not want to cut that? Why is that? In Ron Paul's district alone they receive millions a year in farm subsidies, checks going to addresses in Miami, New York, etc. Don't label this movement because it is something the disenfranchised will embrace, the 99%.

Where were you when the TEA Parties were protesting those responsible for your ills? This group, OWS, are not protesting Government, they are protesting the symptom, not the disease.

The virus is Washington, not Wall St.

They are mirror images of the same populist discontent.

the TPM understands that a corrupt government is in place.

The Wall Street Protestors understand that a corrupt WALL STREET works hand in hand with that corrupt government.

As a consequence we see the main stream media doing what to both?

Manipulating coverage to make BOTH GROUPS seem like hateful idiots.

Why?

So that those two great discontent groups think the OTHER group is the enemy, that's why.

Pretty much this.

The TP'ers the OWS'ers have a helluva lot more in common than they realize.

It would be nice to see them both realize this....

that a corrupt WALL STREET works hand in hand with that corrupt government

....and actually come together and take out the trash.

This thread has surely been done already, but since I avoid this site due to the large degree of liberal mental patients around here, I probably missed it. But, OWS vs TP, compare and contrast.

To start, the left wing OWS has become violent and disruptive. That's the first difference.

The more things are different, the more they are the same.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muvYNVQCRxQ]Ed Schultz: Tea Party Violence is a Threat to Democracy - YouTube[/ame]

The potential for disruptive behavior comes with politics.

What say we get off our high horses and stop the holier than thou bullshit?

Last edited:
We have a massive unemployment problem. Yet the people that created this problem continue rake in millions while millions of formerly hard working Americans are unemployed because of the greed of those continueing to rake in millions.

And before you label me, I have a dd214 that says honorable, a job that pays well above average, and own property. Had I not been looking at property on the other side of the state, I would have joined the Portland march on this issue. These people, and many of them are like me, retirement age, still working, whatever their age, are completely correct in what they are doing.

You people that are supporting the wealthy bastards that have been financially raping the citizens of this nation, kissing the asses that are shitting on you, will get your just deserts. Those you support will have nothing to do with you, that certain odor, you know. And the rest of us understand what and who you are.

Yes, it is time for change in this Nation. And we will force that change from the bottom up.

Theodore Roosevelt gave us the Square Deal, Franklin Roosevelt gave us the New Deal, the GOP and the Teabaggers are trying to give us the Raw Deal.

Bull shit.

Wall St. is just as much, if not more of a virus as Washington is.

Wake up.

The virus is an unfair and complex tax code and the corruption it breeds.

Simple taxes = Fair taxes.

Fair taxes, a budget that is balanced by law and then build an economy your kids can drive to the stars.

:smoke: It ain't rocket science, y'all.

Last edited:
When the Teabaggers quit trying to destroy Medicare, Mediaid, and Social Security, quit supporting tax cuts for the very wealthy, and really address the root causes of unemployment and the increasing centrilization of wealth in this nation, I will believe that are something other than the tools of people like the Koch Brothers.

Bull shit.

Wake up.

Not only am I awake, I'm also employing fairly basic logic.

DC makes our laws. Not Wall St. Protesting Wall St is a gimmick... it is a deflection... I am not surprised that the left fall for it. After all, it is organized by you guys.

Makes me laugh that you screamed like a banshee about the TEA Parties, and support the OWS protests. Fucking hypocrites on the left.

Where were you when the TEA Parties were protesting those responsible for your ills? This group, OWS, are not protesting Government, they are protesting the symptom, not the disease.

The bankers pay the lobbyists the lobbyists pay the congresscritters.....

It's all intertwined.

The virus is corruption and the purchase of favoritism wherever it's found.

Bull shit.

Wake up.

The virus is an unfair and complex tax code and the corruption it breeds.

Simple taxes = Fair taxes.

Fair taxes, a budget that is balanced by law and then build an economy your kids can drive to the stars.

:smoke: It ain't rocket science, y'all.

Unfair taxes are most certainly a big part of the virus. But it goes much deeper than that.

Pretty good gimmick. It has spread across the nation, and is causing people to examine the whys of the present economic inequities.

The bankers pay the lobbyists the lobbyists pay the congresscritters.....

It's all intertwined.

The virus is corruption and the purchase of favoritism wherever it's found.

I don't disagree. We need ALL special interest groups out of the system.... I don't care whether they representing Gun Owners, Pharma, Finance or the poor.... all of it... out.

There is only one special interest group in this nation... 'We, the People'.

Pretty good gimmick. It has spread across the nation, and is causing people to examine the whys of the present economic inequities.

So did the TEA Parties... and look how y'all ranted about them. I guess only certain protesters are acceptable to the left.

Losers.

Forum List

Back