Tax Freedom Day - April 9

Gov Christie has stated that NJ doesn't have a revenue problem; it has a spending problem. The federal govt has both. I think the VAT is inevitable.

I agree with you and editec VAT will most likely be implemented. And our Gov says we have a spending problem, not revenue, agreed. They tax us both state and and local till we bleed, then allocate the funds like there's no tomorrow to many inefficient and lame projects mingled in with legitimate ones, then the ligit ones are mismanaged to a point that some are there just to make someone else rich.

The spending problems in school taxes seems just as unchecked as state spending, we spend a fortune in the schools, most of our property taxes, to produce mediocre to poor graduates for the most part, that would fail the "Are you smarter than a 5th Grader" show in the first 5 minutes.

Until these people in charge, both federal and state, stop using the taxpayers as the golden goose, and use their heads for once, there will be NO end to the out-of-control spending, ever. I won't hold my breath.

Forum List

Back