Target Sues 3 Men For Subduing A Man Stabbing A Girl

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
The left's icon sure is a shitty business.

Glen Meadows will be making another trip from Chattanooga to Pennsylvania this weekend.
Allison Meadows, Glen’s daughter, was stabbed at a Target store in East Liberty, Penn in 2013. Surveillance footage showed Leon Walls grabbed and attacked Meadows’ daughter with a knife. A group of men came to help stop Walls from committing any further harm. One of those men was Michael Turner, who is now being sued by the chain.
“I thank him,” said Meadows, “I thank him every time I see him.”
While Meadows thanks Turner, Target blames him. Court documents say the company claims Turner chased Walls with a baseball bat into the entrance of the store, creating more danger to those inside.
Target filed a counterclaim against Turner, adding him as a defendant to the case. The trial is expected to being on Monday. Meadows and his family will commute to Pennsylvania on Sunday to attend.
Two other men are also being sued by Target, however Turner is the only one without an attorney. Instead, he will be representing himself.

Target sues Chattanooga girl's hero

Target claimed that Turner and others had recklessly endangered customers when they brought a confrontation that had started outdoors into the store. News articles published at the time of the incident in March 2013, as well as articles published in July 2015 when the lawsuits were filed, detailed the events leading up to the attack on Meadows:

According to the criminal complaint, the incident began when Walls stabbed a man named Jobe Wright near a construction site on nearby Highland Avenue. Police said Walls ran down the street toward Penn Circle and into Target, followed by Wright, his friend Michael Turner, and Tyrique Walker, who called 911 to report their location, and Roland Smith, who grabbed a baseball bat to help Wright.

Once they were all inside the store, "Walls saw Walker and attempted to stab him with a large swing at his neck area," the complaint said. "Walls, missing his target, then moved towards the checkout area at the Target store where he began trying to stab additional victims who were in the store. Walls then grabbed Allison Meadows and held her against her will at knifepoint in one of the checkout lanes to use her as a shield. Victims Hosea Davis, Mike Turner, Jobe Wright and Roland Smith attempted to subdue Walls and to free Meadows when they saw him poke the knife into Meadows' back."

Target Sues 'Hero' for Saving Stabbing Victim

Meadows sued Target.

The left's icon sure is a shitty business.

Glen Meadows will be making another trip from Chattanooga to Pennsylvania this weekend.
Allison Meadows, Glen’s daughter, was stabbed at a Target store in East Liberty, Penn in 2013. Surveillance footage showed Leon Walls grabbed and attacked Meadows’ daughter with a knife. A group of men came to help stop Walls from committing any further harm. One of those men was Michael Turner, who is now being sued by the chain.
“I thank him,” said Meadows, “I thank him every time I see him.”
While Meadows thanks Turner, Target blames him. Court documents say the company claims Turner chased Walls with a baseball bat into the entrance of the store, creating more danger to those inside.
Target filed a counterclaim against Turner, adding him as a defendant to the case. The trial is expected to being on Monday. Meadows and his family will commute to Pennsylvania on Sunday to attend.
Two other men are also being sued by Target, however Turner is the only one without an attorney. Instead, he will be representing himself.

Target sues Chattanooga girl's hero
They say a man who represents himself has a fool for a client.

Target claimed that Turner and others had recklessly endangered customers when they brought a confrontation that had started outdoors into the store. News articles published at the time of the incident in March 2013, as well as articles published in July 2015 when the lawsuits were filed, detailed the events leading up to the attack on Meadows:

According to the criminal complaint, the incident began when Walls stabbed a man named Jobe Wright near a construction site on nearby Highland Avenue. Police said Walls ran down the street toward Penn Circle and into Target, followed by Wright, his friend Michael Turner, and Tyrique Walker, who called 911 to report their location, and Roland Smith, who grabbed a baseball bat to help Wright.

Once they were all inside the store, "Walls saw Walker and attempted to stab him with a large swing at his neck area," the complaint said. "Walls, missing his target, then moved towards the checkout area at the Target store where he began trying to stab additional victims who were in the store. Walls then grabbed Allison Meadows and held her against her will at knifepoint in one of the checkout lanes to use her as a shield. Victims Hosea Davis, Mike Turner, Jobe Wright and Roland Smith attempted to subdue Walls and to free Meadows when they saw him poke the knife into Meadows' back."

Meadows sued Target.
How dare citizens attempt to stop a violent felon.

Meadows sued Target.
How dare citizens attempt to stop a violent felon.

By chasing him into a crowded store where he then grabs and stabs an innocent girl? Did they call police? Did they notify the store manager or security? I just don't know enough. I can understand Targets side and I understand chasing down a criminal who attacked a friend.

Forum List

Back