Tancredo

So do you think that these "literacy tests" would be a good idea?? Is Tancredo right?? I guess that would depend on what it is he would like to accomplish and I don't think it's anything good. What were the "literacy tests" that were used so many years ago??

Rachel Maddow gave that information on her show last night. If you were black, the test was designed purely to afford a legalistic veneer of justification for denying you your constitutional right to vote.

The questions weren‘t about ABCs. They were—they were questions like this one, from Alabama‘s literacy test in 1965. If a person charged with treason denies his guilt, how many persons must testify against him before he can be convicted? Do you consider yourself qualified to vote in this country? Can you answer that question?

Or how about this one from the same test: In what year did the Congress gain the right to prohibit the migration of persons to the states? Do you know the answer to that one?

Again, these are from Alabama‘s literacy test in 1965. It was applied selectively, of course, to black voters, to keep them from registering.

If you lived in Georgia in 1958, you would have faced questions like this one: Who is the solicitor general of the state judicial circuit in which you live and who is the judge of such circuit? If such circuit has more than one judge, name them all.

How did you do on that one? Or how about this one: What does the Constitution of Georgia provide regarding the suspension of the writ of habeas corpus?

The board of registrars had the sole authority to determine who got asked which literacy test questions and whose answers to those questions rendered them ineligible to vote.

The idea was that black voters weren‘t being denied the right to vote based on race. That would be illegal. No, those voters just couldn‘t pass this literacy test.

'The Rachel Maddow Show' for Monday, February, 8 - Rachel Maddow show- msnbc.com

As a white American, I am so upset that something like this was allowed to happen. Look at the questions. I highlighted them in red. Could Tancredo answer these questions?? Can you?? I think not. Get lost, Tancredo, you have nothing to offer.

What's wrong??? Where are all of you geniuses?? Can't answer the questions???

So do you think that these "literacy tests" would be a good idea?? Is Tancredo right?? I guess that would depend on what it is he would like to accomplish and I don't think it's anything good. What were the "literacy tests" that were used so many years ago??

Rachel Maddow gave that information on her show last night. If you were black, the test was designed purely to afford a legalistic veneer of justification for denying you your constitutional right to vote.

As a white American, I am so upset that something like this was allowed to happen. Look at the questions. I highlighted them in red. Could Tancredo answer these questions?? Can you?? I think not. Get lost, Tancredo, you have nothing to offer.

I can't believe I agree with you that if these questions were on a literacy test that was given to blacks only that it was no doubt racist and wrong.

However,
Maddow does not prove that these questions came from anywhere. Nor is there any proof that this is the type of test that Tancredo was talking about.

If it was then he would be wrong.

The questions weren‘t about ABCs. They were—they were questions like this one, from Alabama‘s literacy test in 1965. If a person charged with treason denies his guilt, how many persons must testify against him before he can be convicted? Do you consider yourself qualified to vote in this country? Can you answer that question?

Or how about this one from the same test: In what year did the Congress gain the right to prohibit the migration of persons to the states? Do you know the answer to that one?

Again, these are from Alabama‘s literacy test in 1965. It was applied selectively, of course, to black voters, to keep them from registering.

If you lived in Georgia in 1958, you would have faced questions like this one: Who is the solicitor general of the state judicial circuit in which you live and who is the judge of such circuit? If such circuit has more than one judge, name them all.

How did you do on that one? Or how about this one: What does the Constitution of Georgia provide regarding the suspension of the writ of habeas corpus?

The board of registrars had the sole authority to determine who got asked which literacy test questions and whose answers to those questions rendered them ineligible to vote.

The idea was that black voters weren‘t being denied the right to vote based on race. That would be illegal. No, those voters just couldn‘t pass this literacy test.

'The Rachel Maddow Show' for Monday, February, 8 - Rachel Maddow show- msnbc.com

where is the one from 2010?.....

Hes been a racist for years now

Obama has been? wouldn't surprise me, given he sat under that lunatic wright for 20 years.

Yes, must be guilty be association. Oh boy. Plus, the things Wright was saying had truth to it, how black people were horribly treated throughout our history.

So are you going to call on G*d to curse the country now? Would you care to name an "African" country where the "blacks" are treated better (overall) than here?

did malcolm x consider 3/4 of himself superior to the other 1/4?

He may have been raised by his grandparents, but he was also "mentored" for 20 years by a black bigot.

And Wright himself studied under Samuel DeWitt Proctor who was a mentor to MLK Jr. Does that make MLK Jr. racist too or Samuel DeWitt Proctor? :eusa_eh:

Technically speaking, it's impossible for Obama to be racist unless he's racist against himself.

I remember when we having the discussions because people said back then that he wasn't "black enough." :lol:

A racist is "against" anyone that is not of their "race". It can be red, white, yellow, brown, or black colored people that are resented/hated. Your point is moot.

Apparently cons think it's perfectly OK to be a racist if one is white, but black racists are the devil.

If you check your history...you will find more "documented" racists were in the democratic party. Since "racist" has become the new "shut up" (a rude expression to stop conversation), please, list these conservative racists with some proof of their racism. Calling someone a racist because they disagree with your policies is a cowardly act (wonder to who that applies...), and is not the way to argue a point.

You can't do it because you are that small (thank God) part of the lunatic fringe. You're all worthless and very ignorant. You wouldn't recognize a newspaper if it kicked you in the ass. You probably don't even watch Fox news, which is better than nothing. All dummies.

im part of the "lunatic fringe":lol:.....here is a piece of shit who defends the California legislature....and then says its all Arnolds fault....your part of the FAR LEFT lunatic fringe you dumb asshole.....California was a great state until people with your pathetic mind set took it over......you Rinota are one stupid fuck....here let me cry for you so you dont have to....:(:(:(:(:(:(

"He's a racist" That's all you guys ever say. As if just because you accuse someone of racism you can totally dismiss any arguments they have against you.

If your ideas are so good, why dont you ever bother actually debating them rather than trying to label anyone you dont like and pretending they make no argument?

The above is called playing the race card card.

Conservatives are now immune to any charges of racism because if you accuse them of racism they will just accuse you of playing the race card. That's THEIR card.
The way the looney left has morphed the word racist sure made it easy. the left should have just left the word alone as to it's meaning. Would have made it a lot easier with little wiggle room if they had.

If Tom Tancredo isn't racist, how racist do you have to be to deserve the term racist?

I know what I said. I don't need your recap. I'm tired of letting things go. You and the rest of the lunatic fringe have got it coming and you're going to get it.

Ever since I came on here I have been insulted, cussed out, and belittled, because I like Obama. I didn't start this. So buzz off.

it isnt because you like Obama dumbass.....its because like Chris,Rdean,Zona,Bfrgn and the biggest ass Midcant....your a fucking FAR-LEFT idiot who defends anything FAR-LEFT.....but unlike you those guys dont cry about it.....here....let me show you what your posts look like.....:(:(:(

Last edited:
Oh, ya just gotta love this sort of irony!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know what I said. I don't need your recap. I'm tired of letting things go. You and the rest of the lunatic fringe have got it coming and you're going to get it.

Ever since I came on here I have been insulted, cussed out, and belittled, because I like Obama. I didn't start this. So buzz off.

Oh God I'm scared now.
:lol::lol::lol:

she is a piece of work aint she....

Your posts would have brought out the same results from Mother Teresa.
You deserve everything that you get, Rinata. Quit your damn whining, or put all the conservatives on ignore. Or, find a left wing loon board where you will fit in nicely.

yeah, doesnt Huffingtonpost have a messageboard?

she would get the boot for crying too much....

"He's a racist" That's all you guys ever say. As if just because you accuse someone of racism you can totally dismiss any arguments they have against you.

If your ideas are so good, why dont you ever bother actually debating them rather than trying to label anyone you dont like and pretending they make no argument?

It is not that simple. This is about people refusing to accept a black president. It has nothing to do with the issues really. It's about people that will accept nothing associated with President Obama because he is different, he doesn't look like American presidents usually look. So everything he does is subject to criticism and nothing he does is deemed good.

A friend sent me this article and it explains it better than I can:

I'm going to be very blunt. The real issue here is vile, racist, and largely unspoken. In the view of most of the birthers, "Barack Obama is a n*****, and n****** should be butlers and maids at the White House, not the commander-in-chief." That's what's going on here, plain and simple.

These people hate the fact that the manager at their neighborhood Safeway is black, so how could they possibly accept an African-American president? They can't and they never will.

Their problem is that Barack Obama was elected (an inconvenient truth) by a large enough margin, and carried enough red states, that unlike Florida in 2000, the outcome can't be disputed.

Their hope to "Keep The White House White," rests on an absurd conspiracy fantasy that has zero chance of being true, but their hopes will live on in their double-digit IQ brains, as long as their seething exists.

Racist "Birthers" Refuse To Accept A Black President. - Roger Fallihee - Open Salon

Look, I have no problem with that undocumented worker being black. I have a problem with a lying, dishonest, no integrity (a military leadership requirement), promise breaking, no business sense, divisive lecturing amatuer pretending like he can take on every problem in the US and solve them (when he was in the senate, he did not even try to work on any of those same problems) if we only give him complete control over our economy and our lives. He said he would bring the country together, since he has become president, our nation is moving towards civil war (those that want the gov to take from others and give to them and those that want to keep what they earn and let the gov do what the Constitution said it "was allowed" to do), it has nothing to do with black and white peoples. He has "single-handedly" put our economy into a tailspin with his ineffective, wishy-washy policies (businesses will not invest in the future, unless they can predict what they will need), this man, will tell them "you will get tax credits" and then tells his "base", we are going to TAX those people.
He used his "historical" election to push ideas that "the majority" of the country opposes, and wasted valuable influence on petty, power grabbing moves for the democratic party.
It has nothing to do with him being black. To be honest, I believe Al Gore or John Kerry would have tried to do the same underhanded power grab (but would have not ridden the wave of popularity this president rode into office), and would have been doomed even earlier in their imaginary presidencies.

Disagreeing with someone actions is a lot different than not liking them because the color of their skin. If you get caught up in "thinking" you know what someone is thinking, instead of listening to what they are saying, you will never understand them or what they are trying to say.

You can't get enough of that motherfucker called Irony, can you?

Don't talk to me and try to engage me in a war of words. You have nothing of any value to say to me.

oh Christ....your not going to cry again ....are ya?...

Look at these lunatic fringe idiots talking to themselves.

hi Harry....how is it going?....pretty good Harry thanx for asking.....how is the family?....pretty good....yours?......good....hey Harry great game Sunday wasnt it?.....the best i have seen in a while Harry.....Rinuta is sure a moron aint she?.....dont you mean Rinota Harry?.....is there a difference Harry?....no i guess not....hey well ill see you later Harry.....yea see ya....

"As a white American", does it upset you that crimminals cross the border without the knowledge of the American citizens that they rob, rape, murder and kidnap? Does it bother you that illegal aliens can cross the border carrying parasites that have not been introduced in this country or drug resistant strains of disease that can raise health care costs for all of us? Does it bother you that illegal aliens, in many cases will face no punishment, no jail time for breaking even more of our laws than crossing the border? Are you, YOU, willing to pay extra for vehicle insurance because illegal aliens drive without insurance (our insurance pays for their accidents)? These illegal aliens can be white, yellow, red, brown, or black.

We know the history of this country, compared to today's standards, it was rough, growing. That is true, there is no denying it. Compare it to what other countries have done and tell me which has done better (that had the responsibilities of this nation). I get it, you want to believe all people just want to be loved, and will behave and sit still if you smile at them. History tells a different story, chances are, your family tells a different story. Do not let your "guilt" over the past interfere with wise decisions for the future.

The above is called playing the race card card.

Conservatives are now immune to any charges of racism because if you accuse them of racism they will just accuse you of playing the race card. That's THEIR card.
The way the looney left has morphed the word racist sure made it easy. the left should have just left the word alone as to it's meaning. Would have made it a lot easier with little wiggle room if they had.

If Tom Tancredo isn't racist, how racist do you have to be to deserve the term racist?

You made a broadbrush statement about racism, and I countered your remark, please show me where I'm wrong?

Forum List

Back