Tamales?

lg325

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2020
Florida's Past
1630348231335.png
So the tamales I have had in the past was meat filled cornmeal . Nothing like this. So I have been fooled all these years.

The corn husks?
Tamales usually have pork filling, but some are made with beef.
I have had deer tamales before also.

Yes, made with wild pork or deer. I have had them with a combo of beef and chicken. A cornmeal mix made into a thin patty seasoned meat added thenfolded over and deep fried. Once on the plate salsa poured over them.

Last edited:
View attachment 532740So the tamales I have had in the past was meat filled cornmeal . Nothing like this. So I have been fooled all these years.

The husks are mainly just for preparation, makes em easier to roll up. I sup\\\\pose you could eat them, but I doubt they're yummy.

Now I'm craving a cheesy tamale and hate you ALL!

There is a store in town that sells homemade tortillas...the best I've ever had....Love me some tortillas....

Tam
Yes, made with wild pork or deer. I have had them with a combo of beef and chicken. A cornmeal mix made into a thin patty seasoned meat added thenfolded over and deep fried. Once on the plate salsa poured over them.
Tamales can be made with any number of fillings. Beef, pork, chicken, red sauce and green sauces and while these are the most popular, tamales are made to be sweet on certain holidays. How to Make Sweet Tamales | Tamales de Dulce | Mexican Recipes

They're really easy to make at home.
Really?...I wouldn't know where to start...I've seen them made by a couple of ladies from Mexico....It doesn't look too hard...they sure taste good...at Christmas time my mom use to bring them home from work...the ladies at work would make them to earn a few bucks....it makes my mouth water to think about those tamales...

My first wife was Mexican
Let me tell you about the Tamales her aunts made when visiting.
God they were awesome. Absolutely NOTHING like any I have had anywhere in any "Mexican" restaurant.
They were amazing. And took them all morning to make.
The ones made with Verde sauce I like the best. Which contrary to popular belief that it is made with green tomatoes, it is made with roasting Tomatillos, a very popular fruit in Mexico that is not a tomato, just looks like green tomatoes.

Forum List

Back