Systemic Problem of U. S. Navy Revealed!

The head Obamabot in charge of the Navy has never operated a motor boat let alone a war ship.
That is what is so dangerous about liberal appointments...they suck! They choose on ideology not experience and qualifications.

You got it backwards there.

Obama's choice for Secretary of the Navy was Ray Mabus, who served on the USS Little Rock as a Naval Officer.

Trumps first choice for that position was Philip Bilden who's military service was in the Army Reserves. HE is the one who never served any time on a war ship. But he was one of Trumps neighbors in West Palm when he was back from his home in Hong Kong where he has spent the last 20+ years as an asset manager.

Then he went for Richard V Spencer who never spent a day on a ship, but was a Marine Corps aviator, and spent his last 15 years on Wall Street.

So while you making up some lies there sounds fun, it isn't true.
How do you know he never spent a day on a ship?

And the Navy has job classifications other than Quartermaster that don't deal with seamanship or navigation.

And the Navy has job classifications other than Quartermaster that don't deal with seamanship or navigation.

His service record shows no sea duty.

You are right that not all ship duties deal with seamanship or navigation. Ray Mabus has his SWO though. To get your water wings, you must qualify for Officer of the Deck underway and in port.

I actually like Ray Mabus quite a bit. When Obama nominated him we were building less than 5 ships a year. He took that up to 14 a year. I thought that was pretty good how he wanted to modernize and increase the strength and size of our Navy.

You know the 350 ship Navy Trump says he wants? That was Ray Mabus' position.

His service record shows no sea duty.

You are right that not all ship duties deal with seamanship or navigation. Ray Mabus has his SWO though. To get your water wings, you must qualify for Officer of the Deck underway and in port.

I actually like Ray Mabus quite a bit. When Obama nominated him we were building less than 5 ships a year. He took that up to 14 a year. I thought that was pretty good how he wanted to modernize and increase the strength and size of our Navy.

You know the 350 ship Navy Trump says he wants? That was Ray Mabus' position.
The guy Trump nominated for sec of Navy was a Marine.
Trump seems to like Jarheads.

So wait. 8 years of Obama and we don't have these problems. 6 months of Trump not nominating a secretary of the Navy and we do have them starting up. So we blame the guy that didn't have the problems under his watch?

Wasn't there some article last month about how only 5 of the top 53 jobs in the pentagon had been filled so far by Trump?

Maybe instead of nominating a secretary of the Navy who was a banker in Hong Kong that was now his neighbor, and then not filling the position until 3 weeks ago finally was a bad move?

None of trumps people have filtered down to the command of ships silly person.
And they won't any time soon, either.

The Dod is in a panic because of gaps created in the entire chain of command caused by Trump's ineptitude. A bunch of programs have ground to a halt because of him.

There is something very, very rotten in the Pacific Fleet. Very rotten.

First there was the Fat Leonard scandal, and now our ships are running into other ships despite having technology on board which makes these kinds of accidents virtually impossible. Not to mention humans with binoculars on the bridge 24/7.

What the ever loving fuck is going on?

To a point. I mean his first choice was an Army vet which made no sense to me to be honest. I just hope he's made better choices here than the ones in his cabinet.

Marines are the only non special force unit that still gets properly trained and prepared....
Even some in special forces aren't trained properly....especially the last several years.

Hopefully we can reverse that.

I guess you are too illiterate to understand the National Review, eh?

Now comes another glaring sign that the young administration is ill-prepared for the duties of governing: The astonishing number of high-level positions that President Trump still has yet to fill.

The Partnership for Public Service identified 553 key positions in the federal government that require Senate confirmation: cabinet secretaries, assistant secretaries, administrators, ambassadors, chief counsels, directors, and so on. As of March 28, Trump had named 61 people to these positions, 21 of whom had been confirmed by the Senate. That figure doesn’t reflect well on the Senate, but it still leaves an astonishing 492 key government positions awaiting a nominee. In the meantime, all of those jobs are being done by holdover appointees of the previous administration or acting officials from the civil service.

<snip>

There are another 43 unfilled key positions in the Department of Defense, 21 in the Department of Energy, and 20 at the Department of the Treasury.

Read more at: Help Wanted

Interesting:

The two Navy destroyers that collided with commercial vessels, the USS John S. McCain and the USS Fitzgerald, and a cruiser that ran aground in Tokyo Bay, the USS Antietam, are home-ported in Yokosuka and maintain a constant forward-deployed presence in the Pacific.

In 2015, a Government Accountability Office report showed that these forward-based ships, moved to the region in a broad Navy strategy to increase Pacific presence, spend significantly more time deployed and were regularly short-changed on training.

The report showed that U.S.-based cruisers and destroyers spent roughly 40 percent of their time deployed and 60 percent in training and maintenance periods, while their Japan-based counterparts spent 67 percent of their time deployed, 33 percent in maintenance, and did not have a dedicated training period.

Why Are Navy Ships Colliding in the Pacific? Experts Weigh In | Military.com

So wait. 8 years of Obama and we don't have these problems. 6 months of Trump not nominating a secretary of the Navy and we do have them starting up. So we blame the guy that didn't have the problems under his watch?

Wasn't there some article last month about how only 5 of the top 53 jobs in the pentagon had been filled so far by Trump?

Maybe instead of nominating a secretary of the Navy who was a banker in Hong Kong that was now his neighbor, and then not filling the position until 3 weeks ago finally was a bad move?

None of trumps people have filtered down to the command of ships silly person.
And they won't any time soon, either.

The Dod is in a panic because of gaps created in the entire chain of command caused by Trump's ineptitude. A bunch of programs have ground to a halt because of him.

The ineptitude was your hero obummers. He purposefully put incompetents in command because he wanted to weaken this country. Why I have no idea, but it is a fact that he did what he did, and the only reason that makes any sense is desire. No thinking person could have made the personnel choices he did if they had an iota of brain power.

The ineptitude was your hero obummers. He purposefully put incompetents in command because he wanted to weaken this country. Why I have no idea, but it is a fact that he did what he did, and the only reason that makes any sense is desire. No thinking person could have made the personnel choices he did if they had an iota of brain power.

I've never voted for a Democrat in my life, so nice way to start your post with a lie. Then this crackpot theory that he purposefully is doing that. You get a nice spot by the flat earthers. Unless you have any actual proof of that.

I've never voted for a Democrat in my life, so nice way to start your post with a lie. Then this crackpot theory that he purposefully is doing that. You get a nice spot by the flat earthers. Unless you have any actual proof of that.

All we have is the fact that a whole bunch of incompetent people got placed into positions of power within the military. Thinking people wonder why.

Forum List

Back