Syrian refugee a humanitarian and global crisis

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Here is one good man who has his eyes open to what is actually is the most important thing happening in the Middle East.

Syrian refugee a humanitarian and global crisis

By Steve Scauzillo, San Gabriel Valley Tribune

Posted: 12/18/13, 11:59 AM PST |

They re-enact the Christmas story every year in downtown Los Angeles at Olvera Street, the birthplace of the City of Angels.

Mary, who is pregnant, and Joseph, her betrothed, go door to door looking for shelter. Or in the very least, a place to have her baby. But they get the cold shoulder.

The Holy Family was turned away by innkeepers and I presume, others as well, during their forced journey from Nazareth to Bethlehem in obedience of the government census order.

They end up homeless. Outdoors in the elements. Mary could wait no more. She gave birth to her baby, God’s son, Jesus, in a hayloft, with the farm animals as witnesses.

Today, there are millions of refugee families in the same way looking for a place to stay but are ending up homeless, or in refugee camps, without a country.

To continue reading, go to:

Syrian refugee a humanitarian and global crisis: Steve Scauzillo

I can give you names of groups giving aid there.

I remember Hama all too well.
I did a report for the UN on my finding from Beirut that year.
I remember Bashar as a teen then. His brother Bassel was the golden boy.

How timely

newrepublic.com
— 19 min ago

Bashar Al Assad: An Intimate Profile of a Mass Murderer
In 1982, not long after his father's military pulverized a town called Hama, Bashar Al Assad got a jet ski.It was the tail end of one of the bloodiest periods in Syrian history—what one intellectual called “the hunting time.” In Damascus, a…

New Topics

Forum List

Back