Sweet Cakes owners had bank account money STOLEN!

‘Sweet Cakes’ Owners’ Bank Accounts Seized as Damages for Refusing to Bake Wedding Cake for Lesbian Couple

More of an attack on religious rights of people. State STOLE the money that was MARKED God's money for tithing! My god I would get the fuck out of that tyrannical state ASAP! Fortunately those of us that donated were able to raise the money for the blackmail demands.

Not surprising. American Progressives are Nazi-like in their treatment of groups they despise

Yeah, making you pay the penalty when you commit a crime...that's soooooo Nazi.

So this is criminal now?

‘Sweet Cakes’ Owners’ Bank Accounts Seized as Damages for Refusing to Bake Wedding Cake for Lesbian Couple

More of an attack on religious rights of people. State STOLE the money that was MARKED God's money for tithing! My god I would get the fuck out of that tyrannical state ASAP! Fortunately those of us that donated were able to raise the money for the blackmail demands.

Not surprising. American Progressives are Nazi-like in their treatment of groups they despise

So this is criminal now?

Sorry, I amend my statement to "broke the law". They broke the law and had to pay a penalty as a result. That's "Nazi", right?

And kids, let that be a lesson...

latest

Thanks for admitting these people are being prosecuted for ThoughtCrime.

No, they broke an actual law, they didn't think about breaking it, they did it. They refused to serve someone in a locality where that was against the law.

So this is criminal now?

Sorry, I amend my statement to "broke the law". They broke the law and had to pay a penalty as a result. That's "Nazi", right?

Not Nazi, just oppressive when hurt feelings are worth $145k, and imposed by some bureaucratic twat.

latest

No, they broke an actual law, they didn't think about breaking it, they did it. They refused to serve someone in a locality where that was against the law.

Dress up the pig all you want, but it's still a pig. They are guilty of ThoughtCrime, pure and simple, your side is just using the only mechanism you have available (so far).

Hurt feelings are not worthy of a $145k fine.

What's not surprising is this sort of stupidity.

No, their bank account wasn't seized. They chose to pay the fine on their own while continuing to fight the battle in court.
How is that battle going BTW? Should we just get all the challenges over at once? Lump the Sweet Cakes folks in with Kim Davis and Catholic orphanages and tell them all they have to bow and pay homage to the Church of LGBT OR ELSE!...?

I think so. Save the taxpayers some cash. Just get Kennedy, Ginsburg, Breyer, Kagan and Sotomayor to bust out the rainbow rubber stamp and just get this all over with right now. We can just get a razor knife and cut the 1st Amendment out of the Constitution..nice and clean...like it was never there...

No, their bank account wasn't seized. They chose to pay the fine on their own while continuing to fight the battle in court.
How is that battle going BTW? Should we just get all the challenges over at once? Lump the Sweet Cakes folks in with Kim Davis and Catholic orphanages and tell them all they have to bow and pay homage to the Church of LGBT OR ELSE!...?

I think so. Save the taxpayers some cash. Just get Kennedy, Ginsburg, Breyer, Kagan and Sotomayor to bust out the rainbow rubber stamp and just get this all over with right now. We can just get a razor knife and cut the 1st Amendment out of the Constitution..nice and clean...like it was never there...

I don't think the Kleins should pay anything. They should appeal this decision all the way to the Supreme Court. I'm simply correcting the OP's hyperbole and blatant dishonesty

latest

Thanks for lying.

No lie here except for the lies you tell yourself. you use the mechanism "punish them for their actions" but we all know you want to punish them for their thoughts.

How would I have known what they were thinking if they hadn't acted on their thoughts?

I don't think the Kleins should pay anything. They should appeal this decision all the way to the Supreme Court. I'm simply correcting the OP's hyperbole and blatant dishonesty

Appeal it on what grounds? They violated a state law that effectively expanded civil rights. That's hardly unconstitutional. lol, let the Tenthers explain that to you.

Don't let FACTS get in the way there...

I just gave them to you. Facts are not a taboo to me
Still lying. Story clearly states money was TAKEN,SEIZED. That is STOLEN.

No crime was committed unless you object to free speech

Again I am 100% correct. Read the story.

Elaine Photography tried to take their case to the SCOTUS. SCOTUS refused to hear it leaving the lower ruling in place.

Why would this be any different?

Appeal it on what grounds? They violated a state law that effectively expanded civil rights. That's hardly unconstitutional. lol, let the Tenthers explain that to you.

The excess of the fine is what I find unreasonable.

Don't let FACTS get in the way there...

I just gave them to you. Facts are not a taboo to me

No crime was committed unless you object to free speech

Again I am 100% correct. Read the story.

When you have the legal right to 'seize' something, it's not stealing.

(lol, am I really typing that to someone who professes to be an adult around here?)

The excess of the fine is what I find unreasonable.

The judge based the fine on past precedent, specifically, a discrimination case that a CHRISTIAN woman won for having been discriminated against because she was a CHRISTIAN.

Liar

The owners of an Oregon bakery who denied service to a same-sex couple have paid more than $135,000 in state-ordered damages – months after refusing to do so – according to state officials Monday.

Aaron Klein, co-owner of Sweet Cakes, by Melissa, dropped a check off for $136,927.07, according to the Bureau of Labor and Industries. The payment includes interest. Klein also paid $7,000 earlier this month.

Oregon bakery owners pay more than $135G in damages over refusal to make cake for gay wedding | Fox News

Forum List

Back