Sweden's Coronavirus Strategy Will Soon Be The Worlds

Rather than declare a lockdown or a state of emergency, Sweden asked its citizens to practice social distancing on a mostly voluntary basis. Swedish authorities imposed some restrictions designed to flatten the curve: no public gatherings of more than 50 people, no bar service, distance learning in high schools and universities, and so on. But they eschewed harsh controls, fines, and policing. Swedes have changed their behavior, but not as profoundly as the citizens of other Western democracies. Many restaurants remain open, although they are lightly trafficked; young children are still in school. And in contrast to neighboring Norway (and some Asian countries), Sweden has not introduced location-tracing technologies or apps, thus avoiding threats to privacy and personal autonomy.

Swedish authorities have not officially declared a goal of reaching herd immunity, which most scientists believe is achieved when more than 60 percent of the population has had the virus. But augmenting immunity is no doubt part of the government’s broader strategy—or at least a likely consequence of keeping schools, restaurants, and most businesses open. Anders Tegnell, the chief epidemiologist at Sweden’s Public Health Agency, has projected that the city of Stockholm could reach herd immunity as early as this month. Based on updated behavioral assumptions (social-distancing norms are changing how Swedes behave), the Stockholm University mathematician Tom Britton has calculated that 40 percent immunity in the capital could be enough to stop the virus’s spread there and that this could happen by mid-June.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fuck this lockdown.

Sweden has made some mistakes...but
Yep!!! Great article!!!

"Herd immunity" is an argument of lazybones who don't want to fight against Corona.

Define what the fight against Corona entails.

I don't use this form of Cartesian philosophy. I never define anything. We are able to win or to lose. In a best case scenario I hope everyone will always be able to get a place in a clinic, who needs medical help. Step by step we will understand Corona-2 better and we will find special medicaments and vaccines. In a worst case scenario the virus mutates and is able to kill everyone so all mankind will die out within a few weeks.

... I don't wear a mask nor do I obey the "social distancing" bullshit.

Why?

Maybe he uses common sense.

And Dale Smith aggressives ... ah sorry: agrees.

So this what both of you call "common sense" means all US-Americans have to like to infect each other with the Corona-2 virus and instead to use social distance both of you like to use social pressure until all US-Americans are infected?

Yes, there are some, but not all, Americans practising social distancing, where I live.

The restaurants have reopened. It’s like being born again.

And we are all using our common sense. We don’t need to be ordered around. :salute:

What are the rules, which you use now in a restaurant in times of Corona?

Why?

So this what both of you call "common sense" means all US-Americans have to like to infect each other with the Corona-2 virus and instead to use social distance both of you like to use social pressure until all US-Americans are infected?

Yes, there are some, but not all, Americans practising social distancing, where I live.

And we are all using our common sense. We don’t need to be ordered around. :salute:

Same as it ever was.

Today’s the first day of not sitting on steps, and window sills.

The rules are engrained in my brain.

The herd immunity approach is inevitable. You don't actually believe that states and cities are going to stay shut down indefinitely, do you?
Where are the evidence and data proving herd immunity works with COVID 19? Everything I see is mere speculation. What viable and reputable entity offers published data supporting herd immunity for this virus?

Speculation based on the behavior of other viruses and infections. The bottom line is the OP is correct. It's the model we're all going to be using because staying closed indefinitely would be more disastrous to the population at large.

"Herd immunity" is an argument of lazybones who don't want to fight against Corona.

I don't use this form of Cartesian philosophy. I never define anything. We are able to win or to lose. In a best case scenario I hope everyone will always be able to get a place in a clinic, who needs medical help. Step by step we will understand Corona-2 better and we will find special medicaments and vaccines. In a worst case scenario the virus mutates and is able to kill everyone so all mankind will die out within a few weeks.

You specifically said '"Herd immunity" is an argument of lazybones who don't want to fight against Corona.' Now you're saying you can't explain what you meant. I actually don't find that to be the slightest bit surprising.

Why?

Same as it ever was.

Keep distance, take care for fresh air in the restaurant. Try to eat outside, if possible.

Rather than declare a lockdown or a state of emergency, Sweden asked its citizens to practice social distancing on a mostly voluntary basis. Swedish authorities imposed some restrictions designed to flatten the curve: no public gatherings of more than 50 people, no bar service, distance learning in high schools and universities, and so on. But they eschewed harsh controls, fines, and policing. Swedes have changed their behavior, but not as profoundly as the citizens of other Western democracies. Many restaurants remain open, although they are lightly trafficked; young children are still in school. And in contrast to neighboring Norway (and some Asian countries), Sweden has not introduced location-tracing technologies or apps, thus avoiding threats to privacy and personal autonomy.

Swedish authorities have not officially declared a goal of reaching herd immunity, which most scientists believe is achieved when more than 60 percent of the population has had the virus. But augmenting immunity is no doubt part of the government’s broader strategy—or at least a likely consequence of keeping schools, restaurants, and most businesses open. Anders Tegnell, the chief epidemiologist at Sweden’s Public Health Agency, has projected that the city of Stockholm could reach herd immunity as early as this month. Based on updated behavioral assumptions (social-distancing norms are changing how Swedes behave), the Stockholm University mathematician Tom Britton has calculated that 40 percent immunity in the capital could be enough to stop the virus’s spread there and that this could happen by mid-June.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fuck this lockdown.

I don't think Sweden had the same infection count as America had, according to this analysis of what happened in the United States of America with re to the Chinese: The Chinese Knew What They Were Doing in Spreading the Wuhan Virus
The Chinese Knew What They Were Doing in Spreading the Wuhan Virus

That's nosense. ITps menawuower vrwey< clear that a löeirusn iof theias irsio cemn from bats.

I don't think all of this is a conspiracy theory. The fact remains, in a 60-day period following the time China caught onto the severity of the virus, a million Chinese were flying in and out of the USA. For some reason, doing the math did not pan out into a favorable outcome for the USA and this Coronavirus-19 thing because China just put it on the back burner or something, and just didn't care that the infection would cause a ruckus in the health of the American people. I wish they had done the math and informed us in a way that would have gotten our attention before, not after Americans were infected.

If Sweden had a million Chinese flying back and forth to Sweden in the same time parameter, they'd be walking the walk too.

Why?

Same as it ever was.

Keep distance, Take care for fresh air in the restaurant. Try to eat outside, if possible.

Easy to do here.

You specifically said '"Herd immunity" is an argument of lazybones who don't want to fight against Corona.' Now you're saying you can't explain what you meant. I actually don't find that to be the slightest bit surprising.

For what do you think do we need a vaccine?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fuck this lockdown.

SWEDEN HAS THE 8TH HIGHEST PER CAPITA LEVEL OF DEATH FROM CORONAVIRUS ON THE PLANET! They are the perfect example of what NOT to do when it comes to coronavirus.

Some things you should know about Sweden:

01. They have a low rate of per capita testing. Infections and deaths from coronavirus are going unreported.
02. Poor surveillance and information on where the virus is and who is infected, dead or alive, makes it difficult to defeat the pathogen.
03. the per capita death rate from coronavirus could by higher than it is right now and probably is. They could potentially have the highest number of per capita deaths in the world instead of the 8th highest.
04. Sweden has a low population density which works in its favor a country of 10 million people larger than most U.S. states. New York City almost has as many people. If New York City had adopted Sweden's approach, the city would have collapsed from all the extra deaths it would have incurred.

THE COUNTRY that has the BEST RECORD on coronavirus is TAIWAN! TAIWAN is doing the exact opposite of going for herd immunity and is protecting the population as much as possible.

Only 7 people have died in TAIWAN, the 12 most densely populated country on earth with 24 million people squeezed into an area 1/3 the size of Pennsylvania.

TAIWAN only had 440 of its 24 million people get infected. There are currently only 50 people in TAIWAN who still have active cases of the virus.

TAIWAN shows how you save lives and do the best to help the economy. Sweden shows how you kill the most people, without little benefit to their economy.

So what ?

We are currently going the way of Sweden.

People are dying because of poor policy and all you have to say is, SO WHAT? Over 1,700 Americans died yesterday from coronavirus? What do you think the is best way is to reduce that daily level of death?

Tell, me how opening up is going to reduce daily new infections and daily new deaths in the United States?

Any economy, city, or country can be rebuilt. But you can't resurrect the people who have physically died.
I ll explain since you’re dumb.

say there are 100 of us. 75 are vibrant and strong and 25 are feeble and or old like you. We isolate and the protect the 25. 75 of us go out at the same time and get the virus. We recover and all 75 have antibodies and are immune. Virus has no where to go and dies out and then the 25 rejoin us. Now you’re piece releasing the 75 a few at a time and we prolong the lockdown and the 25 remain at risk longer.

Hopefully this explains it since you’re very stupid.

The herd immunity approach is inevitable. You don't actually believe that states and cities are going to stay shut down indefinitely, do you?
Where are the evidence and data proving herd immunity works with COVID 19? Everything I see is mere speculation. What viable and reputable entity offers published data supporting herd immunity for this virus?

Speculation based on the behavior of other viruses and infections. The bottom line is the OP is correct. It's the model we're all going to be using because staying closed indefinitely would be more disastrous to the population at large.
You are voicing opinions. Being closed indefinitely is an opinion. Many believe we need only close until a cure or vaccine is discovered and or complete testing and tracing is available.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fuck this lockdown.

SWEDEN HAS THE 8TH HIGHEST PER CAPITA LEVEL OF DEATH FROM CORONAVIRUS ON THE PLANET! They are the perfect example of what NOT to do when it comes to coronavirus.

Some things you should know about Sweden:

01. They have a low rate of per capita testing. Infections and deaths from coronavirus are going unreported.
02. Poor surveillance and information on where the virus is and who is infected, dead or alive, makes it difficult to defeat the pathogen.
03. the per capita death rate from coronavirus could by higher than it is right now and probably is. They could potentially have the highest number of per capita deaths in the world instead of the 8th highest.
04. Sweden has a low population density which works in its favor a country of 10 million people larger than most U.S. states. New York City almost has as many people. If New York City had adopted Sweden's approach, the city would have collapsed from all the extra deaths it would have incurred.

THE COUNTRY that has the BEST RECORD on coronavirus is TAIWAN! TAIWAN is doing the exact opposite of going for herd immunity and is protecting the population as much as possible.

Only 7 people have died in TAIWAN, the 12 most densely populated country on earth with 24 million people squeezed into an area 1/3 the size of Pennsylvania.

TAIWAN only had 440 of its 24 million people get infected. There are currently only 50 people in TAIWAN who still have active cases of the virus.

TAIWAN shows how you save lives and do the best to help the economy. Sweden shows how you kill the most people, without little benefit to their economy.

So what ?

We are currently going the way of Sweden.

People are dying because of poor policy and all you have to say is, SO WHAT? Over 1,700 Americans died yesterday from coronavirus? What do you think the is best way is to reduce that daily level of death?

Tell, me how opening up is going to reduce daily new infections and daily new deaths in the United States?

Any economy, city, or country can be rebuilt. But you can't resurrect the people who have physically died.
I ll explain since you’re dumb.

say there are 100 of us. 75 are vibrant and strong and 25 are feeble and or old like you. We isolate and the protect the 25. 75 of us go out at the same time and get the virus. We recover and all 75 have antibodies and are immune. Virus has no where to go and dies out and then the 25 rejoin us. Now you’re piece releasing the 75 a few at a time and we prolong the lockdown and the 25 remain at risk longer.

Hopefully this explains it since you’re very stupid.
Stupid is you for believing because a virus is dormant and has nowhere to go it dies out and ceases to become a threat. More likely it will mutate and or seek new hosts.

Swedens Corona strategy is to do on the own free will, what others do because they have to be forced. This will not work in most cases in other nations. And it works also not very good in Sweden itself, if someone compares Sweden with all other countries in the North of Europe. Only in England is the situation more worse than in Sweden.

Great Britain 49.2 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants
Sweden 32.5 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants
Netherlands 32 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants
Germany 9.2 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants
Poland 2.2 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants
Norway 4.3 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants
Finland 5 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants
Iceland 2.8 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants
Estonia 4.6 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants
Lithuania 1.8 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants
Latvia 0.9 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants
... (May 13th 2020)

PS:
And the strategy in Sweden never had anything to do with "herd immunity" = the strategy to do nothing and to let die everyone in the gutter. For a virus (or the nature in general) it is for example not any problem to extinct a complete species and to die out on the own afterwards. A virus has nothing what we could call self-preservation capacity. A virus is insensitive. If Corona-2 mutates - and the more Corona-2 viruses exist the higher is the chance of mutations - then in a worst case scenario a descendant of the Corona-2 virus could in theory erase all mankind within a month. Sure this virus would die out afterwards too - but who cares, if not we now? The virus about itself? For sure life adapts itself very easily if all Corona-viruses and all human beings will die out. That's no problem for our planet.
Wrong. Belgium, Netherlands, France, Spain, Italy and the UK all of records worse than Sweden's

You are voicing opinions. Being closed indefinitely is an opinion. Many believe we need only close until a cure or vaccine is discovered and or complete testing and tracing is available.
We aren't closing for over a year, moron. In the beginning turds like you were blabblering that we were closing until the curve was flattened. That happened weeks ago. Now you want to keep us closed until there are no more case. You're fucking insane and utterly dishonest.

My company will bringing us back in phases....

Starting Monday.

There will be masks in the office.

Almost all meetings will be WebEx's.

You don’t think it will fade away? Because it has nowhere to go?

Total deaths now.......300,000.

150,000 people die globally each day.

So we are at about 2 days worth in 70 days. That is about a 3% increase.

SHUT DOWN THE FUCKING WORLD.

Same question as above. Why do you assume a cure or vaccine will ever be discovered? Furthermore, most consensus is that if they do come up with one it won't be for another 18 to 24 months. Staying shut down for that amount of time will literally result in a societal collapse, so as I said before, we will all be using the Swedish model. There is no way around it.

Same question as above. Why do you assume a cure or vaccine will ever be discovered? Furthermore, most consensus is that if they do come up with one it won't be for another 18 to 24 months. Staying shut down for that amount of time will literally result in a societal collapse, so as I said before, we will all be using the Swedish model. There is no way around it.
We are developing new mitigating methods and discovering promising treatments for lowering death rates' As we learn more about C-19 we are able to make safe and responsible adjustments.

Forum List

Back