Sweden clears final hurdle to join NATO

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization was created in 1949 by the United States, Canada, and several Western European nations to provide collective security against the Soviet Union.

The only way to keep NATO relevant is to keep Russia as an enemy, To do that, Russia has to feel threatened by NATO, and NATO has been relentless in presenting a credible and growing threat to Russia.

Rewriting history must be a full time job for the Fanboys.

For nearly a decade Putin has been supporting combat in Ukraine. He built a bridge to tie conquered territory to his own nation. You remember the bridge. The one that the apologists amongst us said was a war crime when it was damaged in an attack?

During that time President Trump tried to pull all our troops out of Europe. Thankfully he was defeated in the election and Biden was able to countermand that order. Otherwise Putin would be taking lunch in Paris.

Before Ukraine NATO had become more coffee club than military alliance. We haven’t done a Reforger since the wall fell. We haven’t done much joint training with the exception of a few map exercises. Most American troops had been cycled in and out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Hardly threatening.

What did threaten Putin was the EU and Ukraine deciding to tie their economies to the Western European nations instead of Mother Russia.

Putin wants war. I say give him the biggest war available. Launch the Nukes.

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization was created in 1949 by the United States, Canada, and several Western European nations to provide collective security against the Soviet Union.

The only way to keep NATO relevant is to keep Russia as an enemy, To do that, Russia has to feel threatened by NATO, and NATO has been relentless in presenting a credible and growing threat to Russia.

New flash shit bird, Russia is our enemy. Putin wants to destroy our country and you are happy to do just that.

Russia since 1945 has been the threat to everyone else. Send Burgermeister to Russia permanently.
I dunno. Putin seemed pretty clear that invasion was his course since the Ukranians opted for a coup rather than allowing Yanukovych to nix the already approved EU deal and entering into Russia's economic orbit.

I doubt there are many non Russian first speakers left in crimea and eastern ukraine. The problem is to find a "border" and make another russian invasion suicidal.

The whole criminal organisation is a money making scam, why the people don't see it i have no idea, war and fear is good for business.

LOL it has been said that Sweden joining NATO is like Sweden joining Germany in 1945...

And that's absolutely right! :wink:

OK, so who benefits, Sweden or NATO? Is this really what they wanted, or were they pressured by NATO to join them? I don't know.
They decided to join when Russia invaded Ukraine. They know Poootin in a blood thirsty murdering modern day Hitler.

BS....Poootin in on a quest to reassemble the old Soviet Union. Ukraine is only the first country he will try to rule.

The military-industrial self-licking ice cream cone.

Boy, MAGA repubs have got to hate this. Anything that hurts Russia and Putin is bad for repubs. The attack on Ukraine is only making NATO stronger.
It's a good thing, nothing to do with MAGA. I know you guys flatter yourselves, but Sweden joining has sod all to do with America.

It's always a political points pissing scoring contest in the US. "Here's a ladder in Japan, democrats.........". Or, "Here's a young seedling sprouting in Papa New Guinea, the MAGA crowd......".

Forum List

Back