Survey of Local Cajuna Virus Situation

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm reading a lot about mask requirements, different events and venues shutting down, schools going remote, and all that.

But locally, I don't see any of that. People are going into crowded grocery stores and other retail establishments, malls and shopping centers with no masks, no thought of distancing, and no apparent recognition of the "surge" at all. Even at church - which is now at about 70% capacity - only a few people are masking, and "distancing" is only practiced within some pews. ALL pews are populating, so you are likely to be within a very few feet of other people in front and back. I can't speak about movie theaters, but outwardly they seem to be business-as-usual.

A month or 6 weeks ago, many of the stores put up new signs either asking or demanding that masks be worn. Those signs were initially obeyed but with a few days they were almost totally ignored. I guess the managers are unwilling to antagonize customers in the name of Covid-caution.

In restaurants, it appears that only those with heightened concerns are masking up but for the vast majority, it is as though being vaccinated (90% of us are) is the ticket to normality. Of course, once the drinks are served all masks come off, for the duration of the meal. No empty tables for distancing, as there were a year ago.

I live in the north suburbs of Pittsburgh. My area is highly-educated, mainly "professional," and there are probably more retired folks around (including me) than is a typical American neighborhood.

When I read the Covid stories in the paper it's like I'm reading about a different country.

Anyone else care to weigh in?

I'm reading a lot about mask requirements, different events and venues shutting down, schools going remote, and all that.

But locally, I don't see any of that. People are going into crowded grocery stores and other retail establishments, malls and shopping centers with no masks, no thought of distancing, and no apparent recognition of the "surge" at all. Even at church - which is now at about 70% capacity - only a few people are masking, and "distancing" is only practiced within some pews. ALL pews are populating, so you are likely to be within a very few feet of other people in front and back. I can't speak about movie theaters, but outwardly they seem to be business-as-usual.

A month or 6 weeks ago, many of the stores put up new signs either asking or demanding that masks be worn. Those signs were initially obeyed but with a few days they were almost totally ignored. I guess the managers are unwilling to antagonize customers in the name of Covid-caution.

In restaurants, it appears that only those with heightened concerns are masking up but for the vast majority, it is as though being vaccinated (90% of us are) is the ticket to normality. Of course, once the drinks are served all masks come off, for the duration of the meal. No empty tables for distancing, as there were a year ago.

I live in the north suburbs of Pittsburgh. My area is highly-educated, mainly "professional," and there are probably more retired folks around (including me) than is a typical American neighborhood.

When I read the Covid stories in the paper it's like I'm reading about a different country.

By Oct 2022 they will require us to stay home for election day

The United Cheating States of America (about 10 of them) already got this going

It does seem kind of stupid, considering that study after study says that masks in the general population do little to nothing to stop any meaningful spread..Also, I heard that we have around 60% of the population at large vaccinated, and <80% of our elderly population vaccinated....This now seems like they are making shit up to keep control of the population...

The "message" is certainly muddled. One wants to hear, "If you are vaccinated you have nothing to worry about," and I understand that that is basically true, but no one appears willing to say it out loud. They will say that if you are NOT vaccinated you are still vulnerable, but won't say the converse.

Putting it another way, if you are vaccinated & boosted it is rational and acceptable to assume the risk that you will get sick and die, and you just go about your business, with exceptions for people you encounter who are, for one reason or another, very vulnerable.

The "message" is certainly muddled. One wants to hear, "If you are vaccinated you have nothing to worry about," and I understand that that is basically true, but no one appears willing to say it out loud. They will say that if you are NOT vaccinated you are still vulnerable, but won't say the converse.

Putting it another way, if you are vaccinated & boosted it is rational and acceptable to assume the risk that you will get sick and die, and you just go about your business, with exceptions for people you encounter who are, for one reason or another, very vulnerable.
There is no such thing as fully vaxxed. Viruses that collect and get re-transmitted back into the environment from your unvaxxed surfaces may never have confronted your vacccination. The viral loads on these unaxxed surfaces are the same for both vaxxed and unvaxxed, and include mouth, throat, nasal passages.

We don't think science has been intelligent enough up to now to answer the question as to whether these particular viruses can mutated on unvaxxed surfaces of the vaxxed before they get re-transmitted back into the environment.

This is for certain: the effeminates of the CDC have not kept up with each variant and the length of time the variant can remain viable on inanimate surfaces. They are thus duping the prisoners into thinking that any first statistics they gave for previous SARS-CoV-2 still holds for today's variants, Delta and Omicron.

The coronavirus genome has produced viruses that can remain viable on steel surfaces for up to 28 days without a host.

Forum List

Back