Sure Obama Loves America. His America.

sums him up fairly nicely

SNIP:

February 20, 2015 By David Harsanyi
“I know this is a horrible thing to say,” Rudy Giuliani reportedly told a group of conservative moneymen in New York this week, “but I do not believe that the president loves America.” This is, evidentially, the most disturbing example of otheringthe media has ever encountered.

The perception that Obama dislikes America is nothing new in conservative circles. Radio talk hosts have asked me numerous times – often, in creative ways – if I agree that the president “hates” America. Since none of us has the ability to bore into the souls of fellow humans and unlock all their hidden motivations, the question is distracting and irrelevant. And as political rhetoric goes it’s needlessly hyperbolic.

But really, is it that outrageous or surprising that so many Americans doubt whether the president “loves” the traditional role the United States has played on the world stage, or whether he “loves” the capitalism that’s defined us for the past 50 or 60 years, or whether he “loves” the Constitutional protections we have for religious freedoms, guns, or free speech?

Now, I’m sure Obama loves America. Mostly, though, he seems to love the America he wishes existed rather than the one that does. There’s a lot of populist filler in his patriotism, but in the end it’s always the same: American excellence means a government that acts as the citizenry’s moral center, the engine of its prosperity, and the arbiter of all fairness. This is the president that gives Fourth of July speeches focusing on ”economic patriotism” – a progressive concoction that isn’t distinctly American in any context. In fact, the statist philosophy behind that bogus appeal is by definition pretty “un-American.”

ALL of it here:
Obama Loves America. His America.
Who loves America more?
Obama
Farrakhan
Rev Wright
Al Sharpton
Eric Holder

his good buds

America Is a Liberal Nation: Poll Finds Huge Support For Tax Hike On The Wealthy

America continues to move to the left as President Obama's proposal to increase capital gains taxes on the wealthy was supported by a 56%-14% margin in a new…

This is America... the AMERICA you mouth breathing wing nuts do not love the America that is ...the America that twice elected Obama ...so basically Fk you

Really, then why did the people just kick out those liberals out of Congress and gave that job to Republicans? you all can wish everyone loves Liberals if it helps you feel better.

Again, all you keep referring to is subjective experience. Think "OBJECTIVE" "EMPIRICAL". Otherwise, all you come off as is ME ME ME and I I I. HINT: ME AND I are not empirical.

Which is more evidence than you guys ever produce. Every case of "ObamaCare Horror Stories" you guys produce ends up falling apart under scrutiny.

2014 Elections.

Again, all you keep referring to is subjective experience. Think "OBJECTIVE" "EMPIRICAL". Otherwise, all you come off as is ME ME ME and I I I. HINT: ME AND I are not empirical.

Which is more evidence than you guys ever produce. Every case of "ObamaCare Horror Stories" you guys produce ends up falling apart under scrutiny.

2014 Elections.

You mean you won the JesusLand Apathy Midterms? What does that have to do with ObamaCare?

Obama is pretty much showing you guys how little he thinks about those midterms.

SNIP:

“I know this is a horrible thing to say,” Rudy Giuliani reportedly told a group of conservative moneymen in New York this week, “but I do not believe that the president loves America.” This is, evidentially, the most disturbing example of otheringthe media has ever encountered.

The perception that Obama dislikes America is nothing new in conservative circles. Radio talk hosts have asked me numerous times – often, in creative ways – if I agree that the president “hates” America. Since none of us has the ability to bore into the souls of fellow humans and unlock all their hidden motivations, the question is distracting and irrelevant. And as political rhetoric goes it’s needlessly hyperbolic.

But really, is it that outrageous or surprising that so many Americans doubt whether the president “loves” the traditional role the United States has played on the world stage, or whether he “loves” the capitalism that’s defined us for the past 50 or 60 years, or whether he “loves” the Constitutional protections we have for religious freedoms, guns, or free speech?

Now, I’m sure Obama loves America. Mostly, though, he seems to love the America he wishes existed rather than the one that does. There’s a lot of populist filler in his patriotism, but in the end it’s always the same: American excellence means a government that acts as the citizenry’s moral center, the engine of its prosperity, and the arbiter of all fairness. This is the president that gives Fourth of July speeches focusing on ”economic patriotism” – a progressive concoction that isn’t distinctly American in any context. In fact, the statist philosophy behind that bogus appeal is by definition pretty “un-American.”

ALL of it here:

I guess all conservatives now declare that they have no desire to change America, because their love for America exactly as it exists is too strong?

yeah, sure. Assholes.

SNIP:

ALL of it here:

I guess all conservatives now declare that they have no desire to change America, because their love for America exactly as it exists is too strong?

yeah, sure. Assholes.

Try telling your significant other or loved one that you Love Them but they need to be fundamentally transformed? See how much love they feel and see who gets called 'asshole'

A good portion of health care costs goes into research and advancements in medicine, other nations look at what we are able to achieve ... if that weren't true, you wouldn't have those like the Canadian prime minister choosing OUR health care system over their own.

guy, you repeat a retarded story that wasn't true. It was Not the "Prime Minister", it was a provincial governor, who didn't want to use a local hospital because he didn't want to share a hospital room. Of course, the health care system is going to be more awesome for RICH PEOPLE. Everything is going to be more awesome for rich people.

To say, 'Well, some rich guy from Canada came down here and got health care the vast majority of us will never have access to" is not a ringing endorsement of our system over theirs. Quite the opposite.

If you are going to say that it's the result of "not wanting to share a room", show me where you dug up that info, you seen to have a problem providing resources that back your statements.

Also, your argument of the "rich" is false as it has more to do with the QUALITY of care, and receiving treatment without extended wait times that is the real problem in Canada.
Saying that a government health care system can effectively reduce the overall costs of health care is also false, as Canada finds their budget for maintaining universal coverage continues to increase, to the point that their government is looking into cutting costs (as I have proven through my previous response). When GOVERNMENT is involved in trying to control costs, implementing some form of "cuts" to what it's citizens are able to receive is inevitable. I do not want my government dictating to me what I can have or qualify for.

Canada ranked last among 11 OECD countries in terms of how quick patients can get an appointment with their regular family doctor, according to a new report.

A 2013 health policy survey by the Commonwealth Fund showed that Canada has seen no improvements in wait times since 2004.

Canada ranked last among OECD countries in health care wait times CTV News

Wait Times for Health Care in Canada Doubled Since 1993 Health Policy Blog NCPA.org

2014 Elections.

You mean you won the JesusLand Apathy Midterms? What does that have to do with ObamaCare?

Obama is pretty much showing you guys how little he thinks about those midterms.

I'm sure you'd love to think that, even after Democrats in liberal blue states supported and elected Republican.governors.

Saying that a government health care system can effectively reduce the overall costs of health care is also false, as Canada finds their budget for maintaining universal coverage continues to increase, to the point that their government is looking into cutting costs (as I have proven through my previous response). When GOVERNMENT is involved in trying to control costs, implementing some form of "cuts" to what it's citizens are able to receive is inevitable. I do not want my government dictating to me what I can have or qualify for.

But you have no problem with a big insurance company telling you what you can or can't have, eh?

But at least it wasn't the Gummit!!!

I'm sure you'd love to think that, even after Democrats in liberal blue states supported and elected Republican.governors.

You mean Republican Governors who ran on tickets of "Don't associate me with those crazy Teabaggers. You can totally have your gay marriage and abortions!"

Guys you are going to be calling "RINOs" in a few years?

Actually a Republican governor (Hogan) who ran on Marylanders being over taxed, with too much wasteful spending, did VERY well resonating with both Democrat AND Republican voters in a highly liberal Democrat blue state. His challenger ran on the same "cookie cutter" Republican stereotypes, without ever offering any real substance on HOW he would bring jobs back into the state and help with those struggling middle class families. It cost that Democrat BIG in a huge upset. In the end, not everyone buys into the same 'ol Democrat message of "deflection and excuses", when they are really avoiding addressing those issues that matter most to average working families. In fact Hogan never focused on any social issues during his campaign.

But you have no problem with a big insurance company telling you what you can or can't have, eh?

But at least it wasn't the Gummit!!!

Actually I never had any issues with my health care coverage, as it met my needs without the added cost of higher premiums. I also find it interesting all those "exemptions" that suddenly came out of the woodwork from those, like unions, who didn't want to place themselves under the same government requirements after ACA went into effect.

Actually a Republican governor (Hogan) who ran on Marylanders being over taxed, with too much wasteful spending, did VERY well resonating with both Democrat AND Republican voters in a highly liberal Democrat blue state. His challenger ran on the same "cookie cutter" Republican stereotypes, without ever offering any real substance on HOW he would bring jobs back into the state and help with those struggling middle class families. It cost that Democrat BIG in a huge upset. In the end, not everyone buys into the same 'ol Democrat message of "deflection and excuses", when they are really avoiding addressing those issues that matter most to average working families. In fact Hogan never focused on any social issues during his campaign.

That wasn't my point. I'm guessing he didn't talk about the gays or the abortions or any off the other crazy shit coming from your side.

Actually I never had any issues with my health care coverage, as it met my needs without the added cost of higher premiums. I also find it interesting all those "exemptions" that suddenly came out of the woodwork from those, like unions, who didn't want to place themselves under the same government requirements after ACA went into effect.

If we all had good union plans, we wouldn't need the ACA.

That wasn't my point. I'm guessing he didn't talk about the gays or the abortions or any off the other crazy shit coming from your side.

That is precisely the point. Here is a republican who ran on the issues that mattered to voters, and it resonated. By comparison a Democrat who stuck to using those Republican stereotypes, and it cost him.

If we all had good union plans, we wouldn't need the ACA.

If we all got the insurance we actually would need, many wouldn't be seeing those higher premiums for added coverages that are more than what they asked for. Patients should have the choice to carry only the amount of coverage that fits with their situation. Single men do not require an OBGYN, rather they should have no more than "common sense" coverage.

That is precisely the point. Here is a republican who ran on the issues that mattered to voters, and it resonated. By comparison a Democrat who stuck to using those Republican stereotypes, and it cost him.

That's fine and all. The point is, he got elected by not being crazy. But can he govern?

Here in IL, we have Rauner already backtracking on his whole "I want to work with the other side", right up until the Dem Legislature bitch-slaps him...

Forum List

Back