Supreme Court Screws Disabled Vets

Do Right Wingers EVER support Vets?

They sure didn’t on the Burn Pit Bill

This Court is a disaster. Barrett was the driving force behind this decision but all three "liberal" Justices joined in it
1674665596525.jpeg

You really are twisting yourself into a pretzel to support the Court screwing disabled Vets huh?

Let me know when McCarthy introduces a Bill to fix this. In fact hold your breath till then. You won't be missed
Funny . Like you give a rats ass about a disabled vet . Your as anti American as one can be . So STFU.

It is a little more than that, this time. The actually set law to rule out extreme circumstance as being able to be considered, something that goes back to the earliest days of the Supreme Court, thus taking away grounds for appeal in all future cases, without consideration of right/wrong or the facts of the case.
OK, so the rule (if backed by a law) is solid (even if misguided) then it's on congress to change it, not SCOTUS.

I don't get why that is so hard to grasp......Too used to activist courts of the past I guess. :dunno:

OK, so the rule (if backed by a law) is solid (even if misguided) then it's on congress to change it, not SCOTUS.

I don't get why that is so hard to grasp......Too used to activist courts of the past I guess. :dunno:
Basically the new court is and has ruled that supreme court precedent, regardless of case is not worth the paper upon which it was printed and never has been, as can change on a whim as their interpretation changes, and they appear to be all about change, not legal continuity. While I have no problem with them saying Roe should be overturned as it was legislature that should have been doing their job to actually write laws or codify as necessary (and it was necessary), they are becoming quick to overturn precedents upheld many times over more than 100 years, on this one, pretty much wiping out legal continuity, something depended on by the public, business (domestic and possibly international) that our society runs on. You could call it conservative in name, but hardly conservative in nature. No telling where this trend leads, but certainly not to historic norms that can be depended on in the lower courts for day to day rulings.

Basically the new court is and has ruled that supreme court precedent, regardless of case is not worth the paper upon which it was printed and never has been, as can change on a whim as their interpretation changes, and they appear to be all about change, not legal continuity.
That's a rather fast and loose interpretation of the rationale presented in Dobbs.

Not ONE “conservative” has stood up for Vets here

Shameful but exactly like their reaction to the GOP fighting the Burn Pit Bill

You only care about vets (and shildren and blacks and women and...) so far as you are able to use them to make mindless atacks on conservatives.
Chances are, being in the military, the Navy guy, no longer having an appeal leg to stand on and most other military and veterans were or are conservatives too, but now used to bolster conservative jurisprudence of this new court, like pawns unworthy of case consideration.

Chances are, being in the military, the Navy guy, no longer having an appeal leg to stand on and most other military and veterans were or are conservatives too, but now used to bolster conservative jurisprudence of this new court, like pawns unworthy of case consideration.
Why do you believe the courts should or would stretch, or even ignore, time limits specified by law, based on a person's demographic?

Not ONE “conservative” has stood up for Vets here

Shameful but exactly like their reaction to the GOP fighting the Burn Pit Bill
I care about my poor neighbor so much that I raid your wine rack every month, taking the best wines you have and giving them to him. When you complain and have me arrested, I'll say that you don't care about or support the poor. See how that works?

Forum List

Back