Supreme Court: Coach Can Pray on the Sidelines. Ruling 6-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did it in the middle of the football field, there was nothing private about it.

By it very nature, nothing done on the 50 yard line of a football stadium full of people is discrete.

And I am a follower of Jesus who also understands why people do it.

How many high school games have you attended?

People start leaving before the game is over and when it is over many people quickly leave, I don't think half or more of the spectators ever see the prayer huddle at the middle of the 50-yard line which is quite aways from the stands.

You are overreacting here.

How many high school games have you attended?

Between growing up and then my kids growing up a few hundred probably.

People start leaving before the game is over and when it is over many people quickly leave, I don't think half or more of the spectators ever see the prayer huddle at the middle of the 50-yard line which is quite aways from the stands.

And? the fact fewer people see somehow makes a difference?

I am expressing my opinion of the ruling.

Sorry that bugs the shit out of you so much, but it is my 1st amendment right after all.

Awww and I haven't once tried to stop you from being overly sensitive to a small and simple prayer far from the stands that most people never see as they are busy leaving.

You are INDEED overreacting.

The Decision says they can do that, but Muslims don't pray in such places anyway and witches and satanists wouldn't because their practices are often very private.

You are flailing now.

You mean private like this....

5 “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 6 But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Awww and I haven't once tried to stop you from being overly sensitive to a small and simple prayer far from the stands that most people never see as they are busy leaving.

You are INDEED overreacting.

but you sure had to make it a personal attack for some odd reason.

I find it deeply amusing that right wingers will take a case about the right to pray in public to a sky pixie all the way to the Supreme Court, screaming about liberty and freedom all the way...yet get their panties in a giant sized bunch over black players kneeling in protest over racial justice. I can't wait until the pagans want to conduct their "worship" ritual to some oddity. :)

Bad decision by the Court.

The Coach is a paid employee, by choosing to pray to his chosen god he is endorsing that god as part of his official duties as head coach. Endorsing one religion over all others is the first step to establishing it.

I cannot wait till the Satanist get ahold of this and start to hold their version of "prayers" after a football game.
Then no players can protest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back