Supreme Court: Coach Can Pray on the Sidelines. Ruling 6-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just "the ruling". It's what the Constitution says. The three liberals don't care what the Constitution says. They just emote. We know this.

No, it is their interpretation of what the Constitution says

He did it in the middle of the football field, there was nothing private about it.

By it very nature, nothing done on the 50 yard line of a football stadium full of people is discrete.

And I am a follower of Jesus who also understands why people do it.

Nothing in the Constitution says "keep your religious practice private".

He did it in the middle of the football field, there was nothing private about it.

By it very nature, nothing done on the 50 yard line of a football stadium full of people is discrete.

The School District told him to stop doing it
He did it anyway

Insubordination

Bad decision by the Court.

The Coach is a paid employee, by choosing to pray to his chosen god he is endorsing that god as part of his official duties as head coach. Endorsing one religion over all others is the first step to establishing it.

I cannot wait till the Satanist get ahold of this and start to hold their version of "prayers" after a football game.

They can try. Might be successful for awhile. Coaching jobs are generally one season contracts in high school that don't pay well for the coaching part of the job. They make their money doing other things either other jobs for the school system or outside employment. A friend of mine who was the head coach maybe ten years ago got $1800 for the season to be the coach. He moved away to take a job as a athletic director, coach, and teacher after a couple years. Until then, thank god he was married to a doctor or he would have been in the poor house.

LOL you are overly sensitive and irrational since people are leaving most who doesn't give a shit about a small group praying in the middle of the field.

I wouldn't give it second thought because it doesn't hurt anyone and not my business either.

You must me a liberal who project their sensitivity onto people who don't give a shit about your wommanish feelings.

Last edited:
I ca

The Coach is a paid employee, by choosing to pray to his chosen god he is endorsing that god as part of his official duties as head coach. Endorsing one religion over all others is the first step to establishing it.

I cannot wait till the Satanist get ahold of this and start to hold their version of "prayers" after a football game.
I can’t wait for the Muslims to start practicing theirs.

They can try. Might be successful for awhile. Coaching jobs are generally one season contracts in high school that don't pay well for the coaching part of the job. They make their money doing other things either other jobs for the school system or outside employment. A friend of mine who was the head coach maybe ten years ago got $1800 for the season to be the coach. He moved away to take a job as a athletic director, coach, and teacher after a couple years. Until then, thank god he was married to a doctor or he would have been in the poor house.

It does not have to be just the coach doing it. Could be another member of the school

LOL you are overly sensitive and irrational since people are leaving most who doesn't give a shit about a small group praying in the middle of the field.

I wouldn't give it second because it doesn't hurt anyone and not my business either.

You must me a liberal who project their sensitivity onto people who don't give a shit about your wommanish feelings.

A lot of things do not hurt anyone on a small scale.

You normally do not make things personal this quickly, you having a bad day or something?

Muslims behead people who do not do as they do... Christians do not murder people...

And?

If a Christian can pray on the 50 yard line then so can a Muslim and a Wiccan and a Satanist and anyone else that wants to

"by choosing to pray to his chosen god he is endorsing that god as part of his official duties as head coach"
Nonsense

So, it looks like the lefties have to disagree with everything this court says.
Nothing says virtue like conformity.

Just last week I was praising their decisions. This week not so much.

As the TRUMPCourt continues to erode Constitutional protections long understood.

You misspelled "restore" troll.

As the court continues to RESTORE Constitutional Protections, the fascist party continues to melt down,

The coach has a right to personally pray but not to coerce players to participate in public prayer

He does now.

Prior to the ruling, the public school crushed his 1st Amendment rights.

The coach was fired for ignoring instructions not to hold public prayers not for the act of praying

The district is now going to pay for violating his 1st Amendment rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back