Support January 6th Prisoners!

I don't insist on equating them from the political point of view. But in terms of breaking the law, I do equate them ...well, not really 'equate' since my guys didn't throw Molotov cocktails.

But for the same of argument, let's say that burning courthouses and invading the Capitol and smashing windows are the same.

But you sound like you don't really equate them, you're just going along for the sake of argument. Don't you equate them?
Extremism is extremism. One rioted on behalf of police brutality. The other rioted on our federal capitol bldg. to purposely disrupt the transition of power based on what I believe is a complete lie.

Extremism is extremism. One rioted on behalf of police brutality. The other rioted on our federal capitol bldg. to purposely disrupt the transition of power based on what I believe is a complete lie.
So are you sympathetic to the first group, since they were rioting against police brutality, whereas the second group were rioting against something they believed was true and you do not? On the other hand, you do say 'extremism is extremism', so it's not clear.

I would suggest that 'extremism' is a vague term, especially when we're talking about legal consequences. How about, 'breaking the law is breaking the law'? Or, 'non-defensive violence is non-defensive violence'?

This thread was originally about supporting the Jan 6 prisoners. My links were removed, evidently because one of them linked to a page of a site which solicits donations -- as many useful sites, including Wikipedia, and this one, do. (It's going to be hard to write good posts with references without linking to Wiki though!) But no doubt this policy would also be applied had the link been to a liberal site.

In any case, if anyone reading this wants to write to the 6 January prisoners, and didn't copy that link at the time, PM me and I'll tell you how to do it. And I won't solicit a donation.

Your lawyers, your claims. Next time get better representation or don't even go down that road. That wasn't recycled anything the date of that article was November 20, 2020. You and your lawyers had your sixty-something court appearence days in court, but every article points to the Trump lawyers refusing to charge widespread fraud without evidence, as the Republican Trump were unwilling to sacrifice their law careers with no evidence in front of a live judge in court, even Republican Judges appointed by Trump.
Intimidation goes a long way.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Well, let's not do that.

But your keyboard-enema tantrum is OK, poster Lastamender.
I'm accepting of your outburst. Not surprised by it. Kinda sorta expected it.
So we be cool.

Rather, truth be told.....I posted that long excerpt pulled from the June 13th J6 Hearing not for you (or your avatar). I long ago recognized that's pretty thin soil to grow any comprehension in.

Instead, I put it on the forum for others. The other posters who contribute here. To lurkers. The curious. Day-trippers. And Mods.

I put it out there ----with a link ----so that the next time the canard of "Didn't-Have-His Day-In-Court" pops up.....well, here is a source to go to. To de-bunk it.

By the way, the highlighted testimony of Ginsburg....is really relevant stuff. Tractionfull stuff, for our discussion.

Ginsburg is a giant in the election-law field. Much of his work helped Bush Jr. prevail over Gore in that hanging-chad election kerfuffle. With much important work before that and since that. (And not unimportantly, most all of it was on Republican efforts. He's considered a solid Republican operative.)

Accordingly, his testimony came freighted with experience, gravitas, and insight. And he presented it that way. He was serious minded, no-nonsense, just-the-facts-Ma'am credible.

So, at the end of this exchange, good poster Lastamender, know that my own avatar tends to believe that Benjamin Ginsburg has a great deal more chops than your anonymous opinion --- hiding behind a fake name.

No disrespect intended.
:9:

No, the summer rioters were not typical Biden voters, although the ones who weren't too drugged up to vote in November no doubt voted for him. In fact, most of the ones who were literate probably despised Biden. But they're on your side of the barricades, which is why Kamala Harris said, smiling,

"“They’re not gonna stop. They’re not gonna stop and this is a movement, I’m telling you. Everyone should take note of that, on both levels, that they’re not going to let up — and they should not. And we should not.”

And Harris encouraged people to donate to a fund that bailed rioters ouf of jail. (It's really amuzing to watch the so-called 'Fact Checker' site SNOPES twist and turn to get around this fact. Read their whitewash for yourself:
[ Did Kamala Harris Bail Out 'Violent Rioters' During George Floyd Protests? ] )

But we must be fair. Pelosi did condemn the summer riots ... after a while, when she realized that they weren't popular with middle America: [ Pelosi condemns rioters – but 'only as polls tighten after "$2b in damage"' ] She's not stupid.

No, the summer rioters were not your typical Democrat, some of whom, at least, are still patriots. That is, they don't despise or sneer at their own country. But all the 6 January rioters, deluded and wrong as they were, most definitely love their country. And that makes them patriots.

By the way, there is the possibility of demagogy here. I don't regard love of country as some supreme virtue, above all others. Its just an extended version of self-love, in fact: me, my family, my clan, my tribe ... and now, my country. Terrible crimes have been committed by patriots acting out of patriotism. The good aspect of it is that it is a leap beyound kin-altruism, at least in a multi-racial country like the US.

In fact the Old Left's ideal of international human brotherhood is a higher ideal. However, at this point in human history, the material conditions for its realization are absent. People cannot jump over their own heads.

And the peculiar circumstances of the United States -- its golden geography, its very fortunate history in terms of which tribe of Europeans took it away from the original inhabitants -- makes it of central importance for the defense of civilization in the world today.

So, hooray for American patriotism, and for Americans who love their country, regardless of the crimes and blunders a minority of them committed on 6 January. ( Note that 6 January was, by the standards of the media, a 'mostly peaceful protest'. 2500 rioters out of 120 000 protestors -- that's about 2% of the protestors. The majority of those arrested -- 600 out of 700 when this estimate was made -- were unaffiliated to any group. These were mainly patriotic individuals who made a bad mistake. )

We can apportion some blame to Trump for some of his language -- although he called on the protestors to remain peaceful, a more competent leader would have organized stewards for the march to the Capitol to make sure that provocateurs or crazies couldn't stampede some of the crowd into doing what they did.

Patriots know that these people are our own. May we soon organize ourselves and avoid all such traps in the future.
Seek mental help.

Folks who assault cops are not patriots. No matter how you try to disguise your affection for them.

So are you sympathetic to the first group, since they were rioting against police brutality, whereas the second group were rioting against something they believed was true and you do not? On the other hand, you do say 'extremism is extremism', so it's not clear.

I would suggest that 'extremism' is a vague term, especially when we're talking about legal consequences. How about, 'breaking the law is breaking the law'? Or, 'non-defensive violence is non-defensive violence'?
Sure.

Seek mental help.

Folks who assault cops are not patriots. No matter how you try to disguise your affection for them.
Folks who steal elections are as far from patriot as you can get. Those people were there for a reason and the election should have been investigated by Congress. They stole the election with that vote.

They stole the election with that vote.

Prove it.

With no desire to be dismissive of the earnest poster Lastamender, the reality is that if one makes an assertion, an allegation, a claim, in responsible adult discourse, it is then incumbent up the claimant to explain or prove his claim.

So saddle up, our friend Lastamender.
Show the forum what your avatar....and you....are made of.
We are mildly confident you can demonstrate your are a responsible adult and really do take your own reputation and your avatar's reputation seriously. That you truly do want to be listened to and respected on this venue.
Here's your chance. Whatcha got?

Prove it.

With no desire to be dismissive of the earnest poster Lastamender, the reality is that if one makes an assertion, an allegation, a claim, in responsible adult discourse, it is then incumbent up the claimant to explain or prove his claim.

So saddle up, our friend Lastamender.
Show the forum what your avatar....and you....are made of.
We are mildly confident you can demonstrate your are a responsible adult and really do take your own reputation and your avatar's reputation seriously. That you truly do want to be listened to and respected on this venue.
Here's your chance. Whatcha got?
Biden is in the WH. That proves it. Go away, shithead.

Here is what I got when I followed the link:

Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

We can’t connect to the server at patriotmailproject. Did you mean to go to www.patriotmailproject.com?

If you entered the right address, you can:

Try again later
Check your network connection
Check that Firefox has permission to access the web (you might be connected but behind a firewall)
Try Again
Which I did, so I got so see it twice:(
Just worked for me.

Just worked for me.
Thanks for letting me know Batcat. I thought I had cleared out all of the working links to the donation, spam and product sales sites that were outside our rules. If you find anymore. PM me, and I will clear them.

Thanks for letting me know Batcat. I thought I had cleared out all of the working links to the donation, spam and product sales sites that were outside our rules. If you find anymore. PM me, and I will clear them.
No problem.

The problem is, good patriots want to believe that the election was stolen. It's hard for them to believe that all the support at rallies shown for Mr Trump, and the lackluster rallies for Mr Biden ... didn't translate into votes.
So under this "logic", the most popular TV shows should win every award? Hardly ever the case. The highest grossing movies should win the Best Picture award every year? I think it happened once--Titanic.

A few will do time most will not
A few have been jailed without charges for over two years. That is unconstitutional but the scum on the Left don't give a damn about that. Feckin' hypocrites would be losing their minds if the shoe was on the other foot.

So under this "logic", the most popular TV shows should win every award? Hardly ever the case. The highest grossing movies should win the Best Picture award every year? I think it happened once--Titanic.
Well, that's different. The people who watch TV don't vote on the awards. But the people who go to rallies, do vote. The fallacy is actually this: if people don't go to the rallies of candidate X, they won't vote for candidate X. But this is not so.

We can get another take via opinion polls. We know they have flaws, but they are another data point. If Trump had been surging in the opinion polls at the time of the election, that would have been one thing. But he wasn't.

It is the pity of the world that history did not give us another Churchill or Lincoln, or even FDR, at this point in time, but it didn't.

Forum List

Back