Support January 6th Prisoners!

It's not comparable. They thought the election was stolen, and wanted Congress to reverse the outcome. They used illegitimate means to try to accomplish their end -- some of them. In a situation like that, people often just 'go with the crowd', not with any definite goal in mind.

Of course, you hate them for their political beliefs, not really for what they did, so you aren't interested in any such distinctions, but I suspect that if they had been a leftist BLM/AntiFa-led group, with a lot of ordinary liberals mixed in, you would have a different attitude.
And the son of sam killer thought a dog was telling him to kill people, and the Manson murderers thought what they were doing was the right thing to do. What they did was terribly wrong, and what they thought doesn't matter.

And the son of sam killer thought a dog was telling him to kill people, and the Manson murderers thought what they were doing was the right thing to do. What they did was terribly wrong, and what they thought doesn't matter.
That is the same way the people who stole the election feel. Nothing, including this country, matters to them.

They did not try to overturn anything. They wanted a Congressional investigation. They were denied even though they were represented by 147 members of Congress. That points to the obvious fraud they had not had time to cover up. Again the vote refusing to investigate was the real coup. It locked in an illegitimate president.
Here's the best staistical analysis I've seen of the anomalies of that election.
However, if there was widespread fraud, surely some judge would have called it. It was the absence of senior Republicans endorsing Trump's claims that made me skeptical of them.

I think what happened to Trump was what happened to Kari Lake in Arizona: she told McCain Republicans to "get the hell out", and they did: they voted for other Republicans in Arizona, who won, and not for her. (If feet were targets, our side would be master marksmen.)

There is significant group of people who normally vote Republican who can't stand Trump, for obvious reasons. I'm one of them, but I have the attitude that you go to war with the army you've got. But a lot of suburban soccer moms aren't thinking tactically.

Which is why we need DeSantis in 2024.

Here's the best staistical analysis I've seen of the anomalies of that election.
However, if there was widespread fraud, surely some judge would have called it. It was the absence of senior Republicans endorsing Trump's claims that made me skeptical of them.

I think what happened to Trump was what happened to Kari Lake in Arizona: she told McCain Republicans to "get the hell out", and they did: they voted for other Republicans in Arizona, who won, and not for her. (If feet were targets, our side would be master marksmen.)

There is significant group of people who normally vote Republican who can't stand Trump, for obvious reasons. I'm one of them, but I have the attitude that you go to war with the army you've got. But a lot of suburban soccer moms aren't thinking tactically.

Which is why we need DeSantis in 2024.
Desantis has a good start at out-trumping trump. He's already spent a fortune in Florida taxpayers money to kidnap immigrants in Texas, and got his hand spanked for arresting all those ex-cons who were told they could vote. The man is too quick to pull a scam and ill-suited to govern.

Okay. So the school you should go to is one that teaches you how to argue with a poltiical opponent. Some liberals here are able to do that, and pretty well too. You should learn from them, although I grant that this may be impossible. I get the impression that you're a kid, and if so, your inability to argue is not really your fault.
Dodging seems to be your idea of arguing. I read you loud and clear. You're no different than most of the other RWingers here. Failure to grasp the inevitable reality of wrong versus right.

Dodging seems to be your idea of arguing. I read you loud and clear. You're no different than most of the other RWingers here. Failure to grasp the inevitable reality of wrong versus right.
Big time projection there.

According to dozens of eyewitnesses and survivors, Rosanne Boyland’s death was caused by police. The can be substantiated by available video.

So ... what do you believe?
What do I believe?
I believe this country was founded on stolen land.
I believe this country was built on the backs of slaves.
I believe you white people are doing a piss poor job of running this country.
I am neither a Liberal or Republican.
I can get along with most Liberals. That does not make me one.

No, what someone who commits a crime thinks does matter. If I shoot someone climbing thru my window, thinking it's an armed robber, but it turns out to be my drunken neighbor who got my house mixed up with his ... I may be guilty of being hasty, there may be some law I have broken, but I have not commited murder with malice aforethought.

I think Son of Sam, as I recall, was insane. We treat insane people differently from sane people when they commit crimes. The Manson killers were not insane, although they were under the influence of someone who may have been.

We have two problems here, which are closely related: (1) we don't really understand the mind/brain. Words like 'sane' and 'insane' just show our conceptual impoverishment. Similarly, a young woman under the influence of a powerful male is not really acting as she would were she not under his influence.

Take the case of Patty Hearst. Kidnapped by a gang, raped, held in a closet, and ... 'brainwashed' ...
Patricia Campbell Hearst (born February 20, 1954)[1] is the granddaughter of American publishing magnate William Randolph Hearst. She first became known for the events following her 1974 kidnapping by the Symbionese Liberation Army. She was found and arrested 19 months after being abducted, by which time she was a fugitive wanted for serious crimes committed with members of the group. She was held in custody, and there was speculation before trial that her family's resources would enable her to avoid time in prison.

At her trial, the prosecution suggested that Hearst had joined the Symbionese Liberation Army of her own volition. However, she testified that she had been raped and threatened with death while held captive. In 1976, she was convicted for the crime of bank robbery and sentenced to 35 years in prison, later reduced to 7 years. Her sentence was commuted by President Jimmy Carter, and she was later pardoned by President Bill Clinton.
[ Patty Hearst - Wikipedia ]

I think Carter and Clinton did the right thing here.

We don't know much about the mind, which is one thing. And people will lie to evade responsibility for their crimes, which is the second. So when we have cases which are not as dramatic as Patty Hearst's, it can be a problem.

In the case of the 6 January people, I say, let their punishment be the same as it would be for a leftwing mob doing the same thing.

There are no examples of a leftwing mob doing the same thing, so we have to look at near precedents.

So I ask the leftists/liberals here, again: if the mob had invaded the Capitol, but without quite the same level of violence, and then had proceeded to peacefully occupy it ... what would your response be?

Don't be so silly. Doesn't matter how many times you try to equate the failed coup with other events, they are still not the same. They tried to overthrow an election, and install the loser as president. You don't see that is an entirely different level?

What do I believe?
I believe this country was founded on stolen land.
I believe this country was built on the backs of slaves.
I believe you white people are doing a piss poor job of running this country.
I am neither a Liberal or Republican.
I can get along with most Liberals. That does not make me one.
Okay. I agree with all three of your first beliefs.

Do you believe that if it were run by Blacks or Native Americans, it would be run better?

Forum List

Back