Supply Chains for PPE/Critical Supplies....

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
Can someone point to any evidence of the necessary material (especially PPE for healthcare workers) is being made in the US? I work in a hospital and was doing my "rounds" the other day and noticed the gloves, masks, booties, etc... we're buying still made overseas. Purell seems to be made here.

There is the public purchases supplies that we buy--anyone (as far as I know) can call up medical supply store and buy these things. What I'm more curious about though is whether there is a relationship like the Mint has with the dollar bill paper supplier. Is there a state-side company making tens of thousands of tons of nitrile gloves that the Government is buying , stockpiling, etc... that are not commercially available?

This type of move isn't really that far off the mark. After hurricanes, Louisiana would often distribute pre-packaged government commodities such as farina (I loved that stuff!!!!) that wasn't available at the Piggly Wiggly.

=====

This is something Biden and Harris campaigned on... "hardening" or "strengthening" the supply chain of critical goods as I recall.

My fear of course, again as I work in healthcare, is that the same mis-management that we saw under Obama and Trump with our Strategic National Stockpile is happening again. Nobody covers this type of thing...it certainly isn't sexy or super interesting--spoilage of supplies you don't hope to ever use--but in a pinch, it's all that matters. No gloves=slower or no patient care.

Can someone point to any evidence of the necessary material (especially PPE for healthcare workers) is being made in the US? I work in a hospital and was doing my "rounds" the other day and noticed the gloves, masks, booties, etc... we're buying still made overseas. Purell seems to be made here.

There is the public purchases supplies that we buy--anyone (as far as I know) can call up medical supply store and buy these things. What I'm more curious about though is whether there is a relationship like the Mint has with the dollar bill paper supplier. Is there a state-side company making tens of thousands of tons of nitrile gloves that the Government is buying , stockpiling, etc... that are not commercially available?

This type of move isn't really that far off the mark. After hurricanes, Louisiana would often distribute pre-packaged government commodities such as farina (I loved that stuff!!!!) that wasn't available at the Piggly Wiggly.

=====

This is something Biden and Harris campaigned on... "hardening" or "strengthening" the supply chain of critical goods as I recall.

My fear of course, again as I work in healthcare, is that the same mis-management that we saw under Obama and Trump with our Strategic National Stockpile is happening again. Nobody covers this type of thing...it certainly isn't sexy or super interesting--spoilage of supplies you don't hope to ever use--but in a pinch, it's all that matters. No gloves=slower or no patient care.
JC Obama left Trump without a mask or gown. Who are you trying to shit here

How many patients have died under your care?

Politician:
We're too busy getting reelected to worry about unimportant stuff like that right now. As soon as we get reelected we'll take a look at possibly doing something about it. I think we'll have a week or two after that to address it before we have to focus on getting reelected again. Be patient, be really, really patient...........

=====

Did you think I was kidding when mentioning get ready we are going to live in a 3rd world nation.
There are no supplies it will take months to get shit that took two minutes to pick up at a local Costoc etc. I know that doesn’t help your situation but might want to prepare for the worrse to come.

Reality just smacked you in the face =) I wasn’t kidding we are in severe trouble right here in little OLE USA.

And Trump had 3+ years to fix it before the pandemic. Did he? No.

I'm not a physician.
Trump didn’t do this you leftist did this . The real world has been telling you morons this was coming , it’s called the NEW WORLD ORDER something you loons can’t seem to figure out yet as it unfolds in your faces lmfao.

Did you think I was kidding when mentioning get ready we are going to live in a 3rd world nation.
There are no supplies it will take months to get shit that took two minutes to pick up at a local Costoc etc. I know that doesn’t help your situation but might want to prepare for the worrse to come.
This person voted for this

I didn't pay any attention to your daily overblown fantasies about impending doom. The suggestion you make is utter nonsenses.
Not sure where you live. But in the US, supplies are plentiful.

Trump lowered MEDS you dingleberry !!!

Look what your loser Obama had done these two morons should ben sent up for the death chair for crimes against humanity. A real court system would have this success.

8F9A703B-7B74-48E6-9BC3-A4E99CB824DB.jpeg

E4700D0E-6768-422D-B196-D7797289F84F.jpeg

LOve you too. Hehehehe

I didn't pay any attention to your daily overblown fantasies about impending doom. The suggestion you make is utter nonsenses.

Not sure where you live. But in the US, supplies are plentiful.
Well hell, I want you to pay attention to them dam it LOL

=====

Trump did not mismanage our nationsl stockpile of PPE

it was depleted when he took office

State and local governments have primary responsibility for maintaining needed supplies and equipment not the feds

do you agree?

Trump did not mismanage our nationsl stockpile of PPE
False. We received out of date/spoiled goods at our hospital.
it was depleted when he took office
And he had 3 years to bring it up to code.
State and local governments have primary responsibility for maintaining needed supplies and equipment not the feds
And the SNS is there to be used as a resource when the states are overwhelmed. The goods from the SNS were expired and spoiled in some cases.
do you agree?
Not in the least.

=====

Don't know about other supplies but there are a few in the U.S. that produce masks, Lutema is one and I believe they're out of Arizona.

False. We received out of date/spoiled goods at our hospital.

And he had 3 years to bring it up to code.

And the SNS is there to be used as a resource when the states are overwhelmed. The goods from the SNS were expired and spoiled in some cases.

Not in the least.
The federal government is there to assist the locals - not do their job for them

a shortage of masks and gloves was the local hospital, the county and the governors primary responsibility

but to blame trump you first have to blame fauci, the scarf lady and the CDC pinheads advising him

Everyone from the CDC down to the local hospital should be required to buy US made products

then next time china could not cut us off and keep everything for themselves

just another example of why globalism sucks

The federal government is there to assist the locals - not do their job for them

a shortage of masks and gloves was the local hospital, the county and the governors primary responsibility

Wow, you are incredibly misinformed. When states are overwhelmed, they can request the SNS be activated. The supplies from the SNS are sent to where the State designates. The supplies we received were expired and spoiled during Covid 19. This is Trump's fault.

When I worked public health in Texas, we had a similar episode post Katrina and other disasters where the SNS was sending us stuff. This was during the first term of Obama. It too was spoiled or obsolete. We had to change our P&Ps to be able to use some items.

I'm worried that it may be happening again under Biden.

Forum List

Back