Super Bowl thread - Predictions and trash talk

I predict the halftime show will not come close to Princes. But this will be true if em all

So the Super Bowl is the first time we've had 2 black starting QB's, and the flyover will be done by female aviators (at least one) for the first time, is there any way we can make the Super Bowl more woke? Perhaps there is a surprise during the halftime show. That can't be everything. Not in this day and age.

I wouldn't say it's fixed but the officiating has become so concerned with injuries and they've become so reliant on instant replay that they've become worse at officiating in real time (IMO). The officiating crew should also remind each other toward the end of the game, no PIs, no unsportsmanlike, no personal foul penalties unless it's just ridiculous. I know the argument is that they should call the final quarter of the game like the previous three but common sense says the refs shouldn't be the reason people talk about the game the next morning.
As I said,you obviously are young and were not around when I was when it was only once in great blue moon thst refs decided the outcome of a playoff game,now ever sense the last 20 years or so it’s always on a regular routine basis,yep no rigging or scripting of games just one huge coincidence,it’s all one huge coincidence and I’m also the king of England.

As I said,you obviously are young and were not around when I was when it was only once in great blue moon thst refs decided the outcome of a playoff game,now ever sense the last 20 years or so it’s always on a regular routine basis,yep no rigging or scripting of games just one huge coincidence,it’s all one huge coincidence and I’m also the king of England.

I'm almost 50, so I've seen several generations of players now. They made bad calls back then, too, and unlike now, there was no replay to overturn them. As I said, the difference is that the refs have probably slightly regressed when it comes to in-game calls, and that's for two reason: 1) the NFL owners spend a lot more money on players now and are trying harder to protect them from injury, and in some cases, they are being overprotective. 2) The refs are not as good at real-time decision making b/c they know that instant replay will get it right...usually.

if you’ve ever bet Over/Under you are aware of the refs every second. They can take points on/off the board, the Clock is in their control….you don‘ hardly watch the game. You watch the Clock and try to determine….am i still alive? When its a +6.5 situation and they dont kick the extra point in OT? Arg!

I'm almost 50, so I've seen several generations of players now. They made bad calls back then, too, and unlike now, there was no replay to overturn them. As I said, the difference is that the refs have probably slightly regressed when it comes to in-game calls, and that's for two reason: 1) the NFL owners spend a lot more money on players now and are trying harder to protect them from injury, and in some cases, they are being overprotective. 2) The refs are not as good at real-time decision making b/c they know that instant replay will get it right...usually.
The most recent change that has impacted the game revolves around the concussion protocol resulting from the injury to the Miami QB, Tua.

I am completely in favor of protecting players from blatant hits that are possibly intentional, however if a defensive player is in mid trajectory, it is almost humanely impossible to avoid certain collisions.

In a number of cases this past season, there were some questionable penalties assessed for some hits that could not be avoided.

It's a high level contact sport, and unavoidably, there will be casualties at times.

The most recent change that has impacted the game revolves around the concussion protocol resulting from the injury to the Miami QB, Tua.

I am completely in favor of protecting players from blatant hits that are possibly intentional, however if a defensive player is in mid trajectory, it is almost humanely impossible to avoid certain collisions.

In a number of cases this past season, there were some questionable penalties assessed for some hits that could not be avoided.

It's a high level contact sport, and unavoidably, there will casualties at times.

Yep, the NFL is being overprotective for three reasons: money, money, and money.

1. Owners are increasingly having to pay guaranteed money to big-named players (see Russell Wilson).
2. One major injury can end a Super Bowl run, so injuries are again a concern.
3. More lawsuits are aimed at the NFL from the players assn and retired players for their life-altering injuries.

This isn't going to change. NFL was always a rough sport. And in the past more blatant violence was allowed. But the players are just bigger, faster, and stronger now. Despite improvements in the game's safety, physics is physics. Mass x Acceleration.

Tuas back of head hit the ground as falling on his back if I remember right. Hard to stop that. I think it was only a medium “driven into ground” type tackle.

uh….yeah. They can send a big name player to the tent or out of game if they feel like it. Ripe for even more questionable rulings helping to determine outcomes. A Vegas dream.

Tuas back of head hit the ground as falling on his back if I remember right. Hard to stop that. I think it was only a medium “driven into ground” type tackle.

uh….yeah. They can send a big name player to the tent or out of game if they feel like it. Ripe for even more questionable rulings helping to determine outcomes. A Vegas dream.

A person never really recovers from a concussion.

I am surprised no one has posted one yet.

I think the Eagle will win, by a good margin. Their defense can play, and the offense is full of weapons. The biggest of which is Jalen Hurts.
i think the Chiefs win. i think the AFC playoff teams were harder to beat than the NFC playoff teams.

Of course you do.

Sorry, I should have elaborated. I guess what I meant to say is that the kinds of concussions that contact sport athletes tend to get tend to be repetitive and with significant blunt force. A lot of athletes tend to concuss more easily after their first major concussion. There are also concussions that are subtle and aren't recognized and properly diagnosed. I think Tua is exposing himself to significant danger of permanent brain injury.

Let me know when the Super Bowl becomes focused on the GAME again, not commercials, anthem singers, and an overblown, far too long halftime show. Then I might give a shit about it again.

Yeah just fuck the halftime show. They ought to have celebrity MMA or boxing instead of washed up entertainers that half the country never even listened to in their prime to begin with.

So the Super Bowl is the first time we've had 2 black starting QB's, and the flyover will be done by female aviators (at least one) for the first time, is there any way we can make the Super Bowl more woke? Perhaps there is a surprise during the halftime show. That can't be everything. Not in this day and age.

Storytime with Rue Paul?

Yeah just fuck the halftime show. They ought to have celebrity MMA or boxing instead of washed up entertainers that half the country never even listened to in their prime to begin with
NO!!!!!! How about we have the same 15 minute halftime thst every other game of the season has, then we get back to the GAME. Anything that takes the focus away from the GAME needs to be removed.

I am surprised no one has posted one yet.

I think the Eagle will win, by a good margin. Their defense can play, and the offense is full of weapons. The biggest of which is Jalen Hurts.
Normally, I would go with KC due to experience and Mahomes
But I think they are still a little banged up

So, I will go with Philly in a game that will get out of hand late

Philadelphia 28
KC 20

Forum List

Back