Super Bowl thread - Predictions and trash talk

On paper, the Eagles should win this game, they are a deeper team, but the Chiefs have been there, done that, and have a superior QB. The Chiefs win this 28-24.
He's not that much better than Hurts.

Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts also made history on Sunday by scoring his 15th rushing touchdown to set the new single-season record for a quarterback.

We are afraid of Mahomes because he can throw or he might take off and run. Well so can Hurts. In fact he broke a record this year.

Looks like a dead even type game to me? Both teams OL 300+, DL 300+ DE ~275 DB ~200 (LBS). guess I need to look at AVG height on the DL? however, Mahomes style often negates any tall line, with his sidearm or manuverability.

Super Bowls don't really seem "SUPER" to me. Its' just another game? Nothing different? No extra quarter or time clock changes? No "series" like other sports., MLB (best of 7).
Most Football games are also ~10% actual action, 90% commercials or commentary (depending on how the clock is handled, LW network babble). SB has all day pre-game shows with commercials. We will hear non-stop about Black Quarterbacks but Mahomes Mom is white.

So easy for one big call to decide it all, as our friend LA_RAM points out. Holding across the field, hands to face....keeping drives alive, allowing the Clock to runs out against hot comeback team that finally got within one score.

Just recently NO was prevented from going to the SB by LA Pass Interference not called, olden days had Tuck gate, FG snowplow gate, deflate gate and many others back to 70s? There does seem to be favored teams that were awarded advancement at times throughout all playoff rounds.

Last edited:
The woke analogy......The Eagle represents the oppressive U.S. and the Chiefs represent those who have been oppressed by the U.S. so it's only equitable that the the Chiefs win.
:thankusmile: Indeed thst was why the nfl went out of their way to rig so many superbowls for the patriots especially after 9/11, because of the name patriot.

Looks like a dead even type game to me? Both teams OL 300+, DL 300+ DE ~275 DB ~200 (LBS). guess I need to look at AVG height on the DL? however, Mahomes style often negates any tall line, with his sidearm or manuverability.

Super Bowls don't really seem "SUPER" to me. Its' just another game? Nothing different? No extra quarter or time clock changes? No "series" like other sports., MLB (best of 7).
Most Football games are also ~10% actual action, 90% commercials or commentary (depending on how the clock is handled, LW network babble). SB has all day pre-game shows with commercials. We will hear non-stop about Black Quarterbacks but Mahomes Mom is white.

So easy for one big call to decide it all, as our friend LA_RAM points out. Holding across the field, hands to face....keeping drives alive, allowing the Clock to runs out against hot comeback team that finally got within one score.

Just recently NO was prevented from going to the SB by LA Pass Interference not called, olden days had Tuck gate, FG snowplow gate, deflate gate and many others back to 70s? There does seem to be favored teams that were awarded advancement at times throughout all playoff rounds.
:thankusmile: yep ever sense at least the early 2000,s these games have been fixed,especially for the cheatriots as much a dog and pony show as elections,used to be growing up,refs made just bad calls once in a great blue moon thst hurt a team winning a playoff game,that the players decided the game,now it’s on a regular basis that these refs are deciding the games instead of the players.

That game where NO was deprived of going to the Super Bowl by the pass interference on the rams that was not called,it was also very obvious in the chiefs patriots game,that one was fixed,calling a 15 yard penalty fir a roughing the passer on the chiefs fir just hitting Brady’s helmet pad and yet no call was made against the patriots on a late vicious hit on Mahomes and then the refs picked up the yellow flag on thst patriots player on a kickoff when his foot touched the ball AFTER he complained to the ref about the flag.

Those two games were so obviously rigged because they wanted the two biggest market teams in the nfl in the Super Bowl.Boston is a bigger market than Kansas City is and LA is obviously a bigger market than NO.

One NFL ref even got careless that these games are so much fixed and these refs have been biased fir the cheatriots all these years,when the jaguars playoff game against the patriots,as always the patriots git all the calls and the jags got all the bad calls against them.after the game,one of the refs was seen celebrating with the patriots patting brady on the back.

They wanted the cheatriots in the superbowl because a no name quarterback like the jaguars had was not a draw for viewers like a household name like brady is,anybody who can’t see these games are a dog and pony show and the refs were always in the cheatriots pockets are idiots in denial. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
:thankusmile: yep ever sense at least the early 2000,s these games have been fixed,as much a dog and pony show as elections,used to be growing up,refs made just bad calls once in a great blue moon thst hurt a team winning a playoff game,that the players decided the game,now it’s on a regular basis that these refs are deciding the games instead of the players.

That game where NO was deprived of going to the Super Bowl by the pass interference on the rams that was not called,it was also very obvious in the chiefs patriots game,that one was fixed,calling a 15 yard penalty fir a roughing the passer on the chiefs fir just hitting Brady’s helmet pad and yet no call was made against the patriots on a late vicious hit on Mahomes and then the refs picked up the yellow flag on thst patriots player on a kickoff when his foot touched the ball AFTER he complained to the ref about the flag.

Those two games were so obviously rigged because they wanted the two biggest market teams in the nfl in the Super Bowl.Boston is a bigger market than Kansas City is and LA is obviously a bigger market than NO.

Don't forget BOSTON allowed to HOLD-MUG STL RAMS "Greatest show on Turf" undersized but FAST wideouts all during SB with Kurt Warner? Dick Vermeil?

Don't forget BOSTON allowed to HOLD-MUG STL RAMS "Greatest show on Turf" undersized but FAST wideouts all during SB with Kurt Warner? Dick Vermeil?
:thankusmile: Indeed,the nfl went out of their way to make sure the cheatriots not only went to the Super Bowl but won it all as well because of the name PATRIOTS the fact it happened after 9/11. Remember the patriot act?

Don’t forget how before that,they deprived the raiders of advancing with the bullshit tuck rule when it was clearly a fumble.had that been in Oakland they never would have made that call,they were afraid of getting out alive if they didn’t make that call.

Yeah there was even a former NFL ref that said thst was the worst officiated game he ever saw that he had seen many high school games far better officiated than that,rams receiver Issac Bruce as well said he has never played a game where the refs allowed them to mug him as they did with no flags ever called,and don’t forget the rams players said they believed they illegally taped thier games,

The nfl is a corrupt cartel,you do that in college they kick you out of the program,but not in the corrupt nfl.

Then there is the cowboys lions playoff where a critical pass interference call happened against the cowboys that was not called on a lions defender that decided the game fir the cowboys,there was first a yellow flag correctly thrown on that cowboys defender but then git picked up and no explanation was given.

Jerry jones so much had the refs in his pockets.

Hey did you see my thread on brady Old Yeller ? If you could,could you make it over there and comment on my last three posts there,so far it just has trolls kissing Brady’s and worshipping him ignoring my facts he is not the greatest quarterback ever,would appreciate it.

Don't forget the "NEWEST FAVORITE".....the phantom Roughing the QB (often the most gentle tackles of any games I have seen this year). Called often this past season.

Reminds me, even in the 70s? or 80s? Jim Hanifan was coaching STL (after Corryell?). Playoffs at WASH and EJ Junior sacked Thiesman and threw him down (really nothing in those days). The game would have been over at that point (STL wins, clock would run out). They called roughing and kept the drive alive. WASH pulled it out after that. Hanifan was livid.....fired and never head-coached again. Gibbs? went on?

On paper, the Eagles should win this game, they are a deeper team, but the Chiefs have been there, done that, and have a superior QB. The Chiefs win this 28-24.
If they were even close to healthy, Chiefs would be an easy pick. But they have several question marks on the roster. Not the least of which is that Mahomes severely sprained his ankle less than three weeks ago.

Hurts is injured as well. We'll see.

KC needs to practice defending against the Eagles pass rush by having one less offensive lineman during scrimmage. They need to practice defending against the Eagles ground game by letting the offense have one extra lineman and running back too

It will take a miracle for KC to stay afloat

KC needs to practice defending against the Eagles pass rush by having one less offensive lineman during scrimmage. They need to practice defending against the Eagles ground game by letting the offense have one extra lineman and running back too

It will take a miracle for KC to stay afloat
How can that be when Mahomes is so much better than Hurts like crotchpotato says? Let's see if Mahomes is made human against the Eagles and I just don't see the Chiefs D stopping Hurts.

Maybe that's what it's going to come down to. Who's D is better?

In Super Bowl, Chiefs will face the league's best passing defense​

Also

The Philadelphia Eagles are 4-5 all time against the Kansas City Chiefs. The last of these meetings was a 42-30 victory by Kansas City in October of 2021.

Yea I'm going with Eagles

That’s a joke right?

How about this?

Over the regular season, the Chiefs earned a sub-60.0 PFF grade in run defense and tackling. They ranked 16th in the NFL in EPA allowed per run play and missed 69 tackles against the pass to lead the league.

I like Mahomes. He is a very smart QB in addition to very quick and makes fast decisions in traffic.

But that said....frankly, they were almost lucky to beat CIN just recently in the AFC championship? But, they survived.
His other big game shootout against Allen and Buffalo almost came down to Tyrek Hills speed and maybe bad Buffalo coaching? Allen had more zip on passes that day.

The SB Mahomes was victorious in was almost "lucky" down 20-10 (late?) he floated up a deep ball into an open area that his receiver found and went and got but the DB did not get right on it. QBR ratings in the mid-60s' I believe? SF coughed that game up or he would not have been in on even one SB win? Garafoldo did exactly that....folded up in the 4th quarter. Mahomes other SB? don't even remember it? musta been a blowout where he was excused?

All that said..............I would probably take him or Burrow right now over any other active QBs. Hurts is moving up fast.

Last edited:
In Super Bowl, Chiefs will face the league's best passing defense
Have the Eagles played a good passing offense? I guess Maimi counts. And maybe the Cowboys. But then, the Eagles lost to both of those teams. Hmmm...

I like Mahomes. He is a very smart QB in addition to very quick and makes fast decisions in traffic.

But that said....frankly, they were almost lucky to beat CIN just recently in the AFC championship? But, they survived.
Some people are saying that (based on the final penalty call, I suppose) but they must have watched a different game. The Bengals were lucky to be still in it at the end. The Chiefs dominated the entire game. And that was with Mahomes hopping around on one leg.
The SB Mahomes was victorious in was almost "lucky" down 20-10 (late?) he floated up a deep ball into an open area that his receiver found and went and got but the DB did not get right on it.
The throw wasn't spot on, but that was a planned route - not happenstance. And Mahomes called the play, because he had been observing the DBs and knew it would work.

He's not that much better than Hurts.

Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts also made history on Sunday by scoring his 15th rushing touchdown to set the new single-season record for a quarterback.

We are afraid of Mahomes because he can throw or he might take off and run. Well so can Hurts. In fact he broke a record this year.
Mahomes fell into cinnamon smelling shit when drafted by a winning type of organization. The modern NFL rules age gives him huge advantages.

Have the Eagles played a good passing offense? I guess Maimi counts. And maybe the Cowboys. But then, the Eagles lost to both of those teams. Hmmm...

Did the Chiefs? They lost to the Buffalo and Cinci. So besides them. Other than them did the Chiefs play any good passing offenses?

Mahomes fell into cinnamon smelling shit when drafted by a winning type of organization. The modern NFL rules age gives him huge advantages.
He's also really really good. Can run, improvise, pass. He good. Now you see other QB's in the league getting creative like he does.

Brady fell into cinnamon smelling shit when he landed in NE.

Forum List

Back