Sunni - answer me a question.....

Bit of a shame actually. I had intended this thread to be a fairly straightforward discussion of one poster's views on a particular subject and, as usual, it's become rather unpleasant at times.

Pity. One so rarely is able to actually debate a point on this board before the point is lost in the dusts of invective.

Poor lulu. Doesn't have a place to post any more so has to bless us with her stoned presence. Lucky us.

Grace you aren't too bright. USMB is a "place" and I am "posting." I'm starting to think you're stoned.

Lulu wants Sharia Law. She's all for stoning someone to death. Oh. Wait. She IS stoned herself.

Bit of a shame actually. I had intended this thread to be a fairly straightforward discussion of one poster's views on a particular subject and, as usual, it's become rather unpleasant at times.

Pity. One so rarely is able to actually debate a point on this board before the point is lost in the dusts of invective.

Volatile subject, Monty. Tolja he was for stoning someone and was willing to throw stones along with his chosen brethen.

Prove how much pain a dead person felt before dying?

Unless someone interviewed him immediately after he'd been shot and he said "Actually, that wasn't as bad as I thought" then immediately died, I suspect that's going to be tough.

Unless someone interviewed him immediately after he'd been shot and he said "Actually, that wasn't as bad as I thought" then immediately died, I suspect that's going to be tough.

Well if the death isn't instaneous we can assume they are in pain from getting shot. Correct?
Let's see Dave prove that death by firing squad is instaneous.

Poor lulu. Doesn't have a place to post any more so has to bless us with her stoned presence. Lucky us.

Grace you aren't too bright. USMB is a "place" and I am "posting." I'm starting to think you're stoned.

The two of you, and your tit-for-tat back and forth is giving me a fucking headache. I'm starting to think it's time for me to smoke up.

brb....

Well if the death isn't instaneous we can assume they are in pain from getting shot. Correct?

He's not going to be able to. In some cases it will be, in others it won't Will depend entirely on the set of circumstances.

The two of you, and your tit-for-tat back and forth is giving me a fucking headache. I'm starting to think it's time for me to smoke up.

brb....

Now you've done it. You smoke weed. Nothing you say can ever be correct from now on.

He's not going to be able to. In some cases it will be, in others it won't Will depend entirely on the set of circumstances.

Same with stoning.

But that brings us back to my point that he's talking out his ass.

Last edited:
Lulu wants Sharia Law. She's all for stoning someone to death. Oh. Wait. She IS stoned herself.

Only if it just applies to you, Grace. I could stone you while getting stoned. Good times. :cool:
From what I saw of you in a pic, you'd have a hard time bending over to get a rock.

Yeah but I can get one big enough to squash your inflated melon with one shot.

Same with stoning.

But that brings us back to my point that he's talking out his ass.

True. I guess occasionally someone gets knocked out by the first rock and feels no pain as several hundred additional rocks rain down. I suspect it's the exception though.

brb....

Now you've done it. You smoke weed. Nothing you say can ever be correct from now on.

Yeah, I lost the ability to care about anonymous people on the internet's opinion of me a while ago. Us pot smokers are in good company: Carl Sagan, William Shakespeare, and (possibly) Jesus Christ.

You are yet to prove otherwise.

I have to prove that we disagree?

Okay.

I disagree. Dumbass. :rofl:

No, you have to prove that death by firing squad is instantaneous and painless.

Hydrostatic shock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Remote cerebral effects of ballistic pressure waves
Goransson et al. were the first contemporary researchers to present compelling evidence for remote cerebral effects of extremity bullet impact.[36] They observed changes in EEG readings from pigs shot in the thigh. A follow-up experiment by Suneson et al. implanted high-speed pressure transducers into the brain of pigs and demonstrated that a significant pressure wave reaches the brain of pigs shot in the thigh.[22][37] These scientists observed apnea, depressed EEG readings, and neural damage in the brain caused by the distant effects of the ballistic pressure wave originating in the thigh.
The results of Suneson et al. were confirmed and expanded upon by a later experiment in dogs[23] which "confirmed that distant effect exists in the central nervous system after a high-energy missile impact to an extremity. A high-frequency oscillating pressure wave with large amplitude and short duration was found in the brain after the extremity impact of a high-energy missile . . ." Wang et al. observed significant damage in both the hypothalamus and hippocampus regions of the brain due to remote effects of the ballistic pressure wave.

--
Energy transfer required for remote neural effects

The work of Courtney et al. also supports the role of a ballistic pressure wave in incapacitation and injury.[35][40][41][42][43] The work of Suneson et al. and Courtney et al. suggest that remote neural effects can occur with levels of energy transfer possible with handguns, about 500 ft·lbf (680 J). Using sensitive biochemical techniques, the work of Wang et al. suggests even lower impact energy thresholds for remote neural injury to the brain. In analysis of experiments of dogs shot in the thigh they report highly significant (p < 0.01), easily detectable neural effects in the hypothalamus and hippocampus with energy transfer levels close to 550 ft·lbf (750 J). Wang et al. reports less significant (p < 0.05) remote effects in the hypothalamus with energy transfer just under 100 ft·lbf (140 J).[23]
Even though Wang et al. document remote neural damage for low levels of energy transfer, roughly 100 ft·lbf (140 J), these levels of neural damage are probably too small to contribute to rapid incapacitation. Courtney and Courtney believe that remote neural effects only begin to make significant contributions to rapid incapacitation for ballistic pressure wave levels above 500 psi (3,400 kPa) (corresponds to transferring roughly 300 ft·lbf (410 J) in 12 inches (30 cm) of penetration) and become easily observable above 1,000 psi (6,900 kPa) (corresponds to transferring roughly 600 ft·lbf (810 J) in 12 inches (0.30 m) of penetration).[40] Incapacitating effects in this range of energy transfer are consistent with observations of remote spinal injuries,[25] observations of suppressed EEGs and apnea in pigs[36][44] and with observations of incapacitating effects of ballistic pressure waves without a wound channel.[45]

If a single projectile hitting a pig in the thigh can disrupt neural functions, how much more affect will 5 projectiles hitting a person in the heart have, where the hydrostatic shock has a direct path to the brain?

Do me a favor. Don't respond with "Nuh-UH!!" or claiming I like to use racist terms or similar bullshit.

But I expect you will. Because you're stupid.

:lol:

So your defense is that a bullet can kill you.

What if they miss their spot?

Fail

Last edited:

Forum List

Back