Sunday Night Football 10/4/2020

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
A couple of observations...

Ever since they got rid of Faith Hill, the theme has been in need of re-tooling. I had forgotten that Pink did it first but Faith Hill made it her own. Carrie Underwood is a splendid singer but this isn't in her wheelhouse. The only thing that would worry me is that the NFL will probably go "full retard" and try to make a social statement with whatever theme they come up with to replace "Waiting All Day for Sunday Night". It will probably end up being some diversity triple crown with a female, R&B, song about social justice or some such platform.

Just as an aside from the video...has Eli Manning ever looked comfortable...ever? He's the Jeff Bagwell of the NFL. He always looks like he is either in pain or there is impending doom of some sort.

---

Also, a bizarre betting site commercial was on earlier. I think you will hear about it in the next few days. The optics were strange.

Someone approved the optics of a supposedly angry black man chasing a white guy through his house and into the yard and tackling. In and of itself, this is not a big deal. Dennis Hopper had a series of commercials where he was getting pummeled by angry black men. But they were in uniform and that was like 30 years ago. Harrison is dressed in what some would call a "wife beater" tank top. Given the social climate today....it lands weirdly. I hope there is nothing made of it as the commercial is pretty funny actually but the optics in the face of today's sensitivity are odd.

Just some observations.

A couple of observations...

Ever since they got rid of Faith Hill, the theme has been in need of re-tooling. I had forgotten that Pink did it first but Faith Hill made it her own. Carrie Underwood is a splendid singer but this isn't in her wheelhouse. The only thing that would worry me is that the NFL will probably go "full retard" and try to make a social statement with whatever theme they come up with to replace "Waiting All Day for Sunday Night". It will probably end up being some diversity triple crown with a female, R&B, song about social justice or some such platform.

Just as an aside from the video...has Eli Manning ever looked comfortable...ever? He's the Jeff Bagwell of the NFL. He always looks like he is either in pain or there is impending doom of some sort.

---

Also, a bizarre betting site commercial was on earlier. I think you will hear about it in the next few days. The optics were strange.

Someone approved the optics of a supposedly angry black man chasing a white guy through his house and into the yard and tackling. In and of itself, this is not a big deal. Dennis Hopper had a series of commercials where he was getting pummeled by angry black men. But they were in uniform and that was like 30 years ago. Harrison is dressed in what some would call a "wife beater" tank top. Given the social climate today....it lands weirdly. I hope there is nothing made of it as the commercial is pretty funny actually but the optics in the face of today's sensitivity are odd.

Just some observations.

I had forgotten just how sexy and beautiful Faith Hill is. Thanks for that.

The Washington Football Team (1-3) is tied for 1st place in the NFC East. Philly could pass them with a win

NFC West;
Seattle 4-0
Rams 3-1
SF 2-1
Zona 2-2

West is best, East is least.

p.s. I like the name 'Football Team', Washington should keep that. It's generic, but not quite as generic as the 'Athletics'

The Washington Football Team (1-3) is tied for 1st place in the NFC East. Philly could pass them with a win

NFC West;
Seattle 4-0
Rams 3-1
SF 2-1
Zona 2-2

West is best, East is least.

p.s. I like the name 'Football Team', Washington should keep that. It's generic, but not quite as generic as the 'Athletics'
1 and 3 and tied for first....that phrase should never be said.

Forum List

Back