Sunak to unveil £2bn home insulation scheme

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

This is all well and good but like most tory schemes it will probably be subject to massive corruption. The home insulation industry doesnt have a sparkling reputation.

There are also rumours that we are all going to be given a £500 gift card to spend on the High St in an attempt to kick start the economy. Its all a bit random and doesnt seem to have much thought behind it.

Most of the cash will end up in the pockets of large multi national corporations and the economy will see only a marginal upturn ahead of the brexit shambles.

Yeah, SSDD here as well. It should be patently bleeding obvious that if you really wanted to help people you'd simply pay the homeowner directly, then leave it up to them to hire contractors to provide materials and skilled workers -or- to perhaps just do the entire job themselves. But, no, never! Can't have that! Trust the people with the money instead of the giant corporations? That's communism I tells ya!

Yeah, SSDD here as well. It should be patently bleeding obvious that if you really wanted to help people you'd simply pay the homeowner directly, then leave it up to them to hire contractors to provide materials and skilled workers -or- to perhaps just do the entire job themselves. But, no, never! Can't have that! Trust the people with the money instead of the giant corporations? That's communism I tells ya!
As you suggest it should be left to the homeowner to decide. And decide what their home needs. It may be that solar panels would make more sense than insulation or double glazing. This government has shown itself to be inept when spending government money and they cannot be trusted to manage this process.

Wish Uncle Donald would pay for me some new windows. I would say, "Yes, we can!!!!"

Forum List

Back