Study: Free birth control leads to fewer abortions; Romney wants to cut access.

What happened to conservatives?

“It is my view that no American woman should be denied access to family planning assistance because of her economic condition.… This we have the capacity to do”. Richard Nixon

yeeaahh :lol:

Quoting Tricky Dick, now that's funny.

and

No one is denied, you can go to any store and buy condoms.

"It is my view that no American woman should be denied access to family planning assistance because of her economic condition.… This we have the capacity to do”

“We need to make population and family planning household words. We need to take sensationalism out of this topic so that it can no longer be used by militants who have no real knowledge of the voluntary nature of the program but, rather are using it as a political stepping stone. If family planning is anything, it is a public health matter”. ~ George HW Bush

Title X funding passed 298 to 32 in the House and passed the Senate unanimously.

I'll tell you what... As a 20 year sailor, I was sure thankful for the free condoms provided by the US Government. It kept a whole lot of my shipmates safe during port calls...which is why I stood at the prow handing them out.

(they also made great balloons for impromptu parties)

I was in the Navy.

So I know you're full of shit about "handing them out".

and, nobody liked them b/c they were not lubricated.

But you could get them.

"free" is a stretch, since our pay sucked.

I'll tell you what... As a 20 year sailor, I was sure thankful for the free condoms provided by the US Government. It kept a whole lot of my shipmates safe during port calls...which is why I stood at the prow handing them out.

And the free ones worked how much better then the ones they could buy for themselves?

Yes they did. They actually took the free ones...but never bothered to buy them.

I was a radioman that used to work at a communications station copying messages from merchant and military ships. I can't tell you how many HMO messages I copied that had to do with male members having some sort of oozing sore...

Last edited:

I was in the Navy.

But you could get them.

oh! now you've done it, now the leeches will demand "free lubrication" every woman regardless of her economic situations deserves a slick willie.
:lol::lol:

“It is my view that no American woman should be denied access to family planning assistance because of her economic condition.… This we have the capacity to do”. Richard Nixon

and

"It is my view that no American woman should be denied access to family planning assistance because of her economic condition.… This we have the capacity to do”

“We need to make population and family planning household words. We need to take sensationalism out of this topic so that it can no longer be used by militants who have no real knowledge of the voluntary nature of the program but, rather are using it as a political stepping stone. If family planning is anything, it is a public health matter”. ~ George HW Bush

Title X funding passed 298 to 32 in the House and passed the Senate unanimously.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now you're quoting Bush? com'on, seriously?

Where does it say, taxes should be used so people can have all the sex they want since we gave them free birth control? or even anything like it?

I was in the Navy.

But you could get them.

oh! now you've done it, now the leeches will demand "free lubrication" every woman regardless of her economic situations deserves a slick willie.
:lol::lol:

:lol:

The ones they gave out just sucked. I knew guys that got them, and they all bitched about how bad they were. Far better to spend $2-3 bucks and get a box of trojans.

And the free ones worked how much better then the ones they could buy for themselves?

Yes they did. They actually took the free ones...but never bothered to buy them.

I'm was a radioman that used to work at a communications station copying messages from merchant and military ships. I can't tell you how many HMO messages I copied that had to do with male members having some sort of oozing sore...

corpsmen had the condoms, not the radiomen.

jeezuz

OK, local taxes pay for police and fire protection, I have no problem with paying for those, the protect all of us equally. Most infrastructure and schools should also be funded locally. I have no problem footing the bill for a federally- funded military that protects our national interests equally for all of us. There's a general benefit for all citizens in these things which we all use.
So, if I am being dunned so that someone can screw around and not worry about the consequences, does that mean I have the use of what I am paying for?

But that's the point. Not all of us agree that these should be the policy.

I have no problem funding the military, but a lot of people had a huge problem with fighting a war in Iraq after we found out the government was wrong about WMD's.

ironically, the same people took no issue in going into Libya.

funny how hypacracy works.

Actually, I thought Iraq was the right thing to do and Libya was questionable... but why are you changing the subject?

We spend 900 Billion on defense, and don't feel any safer. We carp about 300 million to provide birth control to poor people or 440 million for PBS.

Firstly, Nixon was a corrupt assclown.

Secondly, no one's saying they should be denied access... just that we shouldn't have to pay for it. You want it, you pay for it.

how do they become free? did the manufacturer make them for free, were they shipped and distributed to the US Navy for free? did South American donate the rubber? How did they become "free"? oh! "provided by the US government" which means of course they "aren't "free". the taxpayers had to buy you dolts some fucking rubbers because you have no sense so self responsibility.

The taxpayers paid for our pay, clothing, food and board too, moron. Either way you paid. :lol:

I'm was a radioman that used to work at a communications station copying messages from merchant and military ships. I can't tell you how many HMO messages I copied that had to do with male members having some sort of oozing sore...

corpsmen had the condoms, not the radiomen.

jeezuz

I'd get the jar from her. Call it a public service. I cared about my shipmates. Always had a fair number of married guys taking them too.

I was in the Navy.

But you could get them.

Sucks to be you, squid. You joined the wrong seagoing service. I did hand them out, and had another jar put in male berthing. You can do that sort of thing when your're lead Chief on a Coast Guard Cutter. Oh, and we had lubricated Trojans. :tongue:

But that's the point. Not all of us agree that these should be the policy.

I have no problem funding the military, but a lot of people had a huge problem with fighting a war in Iraq after we found out the government was wrong about WMD's.

ironically, the same people took no issue in going into Libya.

funny how hypacracy works.

Actually, I thought Iraq was the right thing to do and Libya was questionable... but why are you changing the subject?

We spend 900 Billion on defense, and don't feel any safer. We carp about 300 million to provide birth control to poor people or 440 million for PBS.

good lord

We need a military, we don't need to spend on bc and pbs.

There's a lot of crap we don't need and waste money, but cutting DoD funding diring war time is just....

What's a word for supreme idiocy to the point everyone, every,single,last,person should know it's a idiotic thing to do?

Firstly, Nixon was a corrupt assclown.

Secondly, no one's saying they should be denied access... just that we shouldn't have to pay for it. You want it, you pay for it.

Yes, Nixon was...does that mean that conservatives that supported his ideologies also became corrupt assclowns? He did run and win as a conservative, right? Did his malfeasance mean that everything conservatives supported in him and voted for became null and void?

Making it a pay for play system does limit access.

If women know, in advance, that they won't get a benefit from having children, and won't get a free abortion perhaps they might become a teensy bit more responsible. To assume that women can't do anything, are totally controlled by their urges and have no way of dealing with them other than having sex indiscriminately, is a disservice to women

First, you must first stop operating from the proposition that unintended pregnancy only results from a failure to be responsible. For someone who says we shouldn't assume such low things of women, you sure seem to be assuming that there's a whole lot of women out there being totally controlled by their urges with no way of dealing with them other than having sex indiscriminately. I have to tell you, that's really a disservice to women.

Where's the responsibility of the male in all of this?

Obviously there is none. Democrats certainly don't think men are in any way responsible. After all, democrats want the public to pay for birth control, pay for any children and pay for abortions too. Where's the responsibility of men anyplace?

I was in the Navy.

But you could get them.

Sucks to be you, squid. You joined the wrong seagoing service. I did hand them out, and had another jar put in male berthing. You can do that sort of thing when your're lead Chief on a Coast Guard Cutter. Oh, and we had lubricated Trojans. :tongue:

touche

in childish retort;

Why are all Coasties 6' Tall?

So they can wade back to shore if their ship sinks.

:muahaha:

aanndd

I got to "date" actual French, Italian, Greek, Israeli, English, Spanish, chicks and you didn't.

neener neener

and

Where does it say, taxes should be used so people can have all the sex they want since we gave them free birth control? or even anything like it?
Rubbers were standard issue during world war 2 and the end of world war 1 to the military.... That certainly was tax payer's money funding it.

Rubbers were standard issue during world war 2 and the end of world war 1 to the military.... That certainly was tax payer's money funding it.

Were they standard issue to the military, or to college and high school kids?

Were they standard issue to the military, or to college and high school kids?
what's the difference? The PURPOSE is the same. The door was opened with funding the military men with them....

Forum List

Back