CDZ Students Demand Removal of White Authors; Why is this not Condemned as Racist?

Our literary traditions stem from our European heritage. The great writers of Britain, Russia, France or Germany were all white because, guess what folks - that's where white people are from.

Some people are just too stupid to understand that, driven as they are by their anti-white prejudice as well as the need to virtue signal so as to receive praise.

But demanding that works be included and excluded simply because of race and sex is by definition racist and sexist, [...]

Ah, you appear to believe that adding "by definition" to your verbiage amounts to an explanation. Rest assured, it doesn't work that way.

Mmm, you should read up on the meaning of the word, "racist".

But demanding that works be included and excluded simply because of race and sex is by definition racist and sexist, [...]

Ah, you appear to believe that adding "by definition" to your verbiage amounts to an explanation. Rest assured, it doesn't work that way.

Yes it does because you are arguing that inclusion should be based on race and sex rather than merit.

The Wokesters are so blatantly racist today, and it boggles my mind why they get away with it.

Notre Dame Students Call for the Removal of White Authors from Curriculum | Breitbart

Can someone explain why this is not damned as racism?
Because it is a small ridiculous group that no one would even care about if triggered sensitives looking for unfairness hadn’t made a fuss.

If they start removing books on the basis of author skin color THEN I will be pissed. But that isn’t happening.

Including a more diverse array of viewpoints in literature does not automatically mean a reduction in merit so we shouldn’t assume that. How authors and literature get noticed and marketed often has little to do with talent. In addition, in earlier times, non white non men struggled to get published. Women writers were not taken seriously.

I do think we need to have a constant stream of immigration of about 1 million each year, and I think that should be mostly from India, Latin America and Taiwan, DEFINATELY not Europe, the bunch of commie losers that they are these days.

OP laments the demonization of whites in academia and simultaneously supports the complete eradication of whites in the USA. What gives?

The Wokesters are so blatantly racist today, and it boggles my mind why they get away with it.

Notre Dame Students Call for the Removal of White Authors from Curriculum | Breitbart

Notre Dame students demand to read fewer white male scholars

Not that I agree with the students- but they are not demanding the removal of all white authors- they are demanding equal representation between white authors and minority authors.

I do think we need to have a constant stream of immigration of about 1 million each year, and I think that should be mostly from India, Latin America and Taiwan, DEFINATELY not Europe, the bunch of commie losers that they are these days.

OP laments the demonization of whites in academia and simultaneously supports the complete eradication of whites in the USA. What gives?

What gives is the typical cognitive dissonance of trying to be both PC and sane; it can't be done.

Our literary traditions stem from our European heritage. The great writers of Britain, Russia, France or Germany were all white because, guess what folks - that's where white people are from.

Some people are just too stupid to understand that, driven as they are by their anti-white prejudice as well as the need to virtue signal so as to receive praise.

Indeed.

You have not answered the question, what "great" works to you propose be added? And why would you remove "great" works because of the color of the author?

Yeah, let's wrap this up since we're traveling into the region of mere needling sideshows.

There is a debate to be had about what constitutes "merit". There is more than a justifiable suspicion that "merit" meant how a white, straight male would write, picking issues a white, straight male would pick, usually told from the perspective of a white, straight male, with all others cast in supporting roles at best. Of course, attached to this question of "merit" are huge benefits in the form of fame and money, which arguably contributes to the intensity of the fight. As the nation's "Birth Defect" besmirches and defaces everything, the very notion of literary "merit" is being rendered questionable. To remedy that, a group came out, essentially proposing to include "diversity" as one long-overlooked aspect of merit in what is supposed to be a nation's conversation about itself and its culture. White, straight males talking among themselves cannot possibly be all there is to this conversation.

At the very least, there is nothing whatsoever wrong with having that debate, to look at "merit" from more than one perspective, and to make sure students are at least aware that there's more out there than the traditional canon had to offer. Nothing whatsoever. What, eventually, once this debate will have played out, to include or exclude is for the literary profession to determine. I have not claimed to be in a position to render judgment on that issue, and would never do that. So, any needling inquiries targeting me rather than addressing the issue are just a diversionary tactics: The racism and misogyny of old that contributed to the overwhelmingly white, straight, male canon of old is being questioned. That is, unambiguously, a good thing. Decrying that effort as "racist" judges itself. So do the various self-manufactured victim cards in the form of, "they would burn down my library", or similar nonsense.

Yeah, let's wrap this up since we're traveling into the region of mere needling sideshows.

There is a debate to be had about what constitutes "merit". There is more than a justifiable suspicion that "merit" meant how a white, straight male would write, picking issues a white, straight male would pick, usually told from the perspective of a white, straight male, with all others cast in supporting roles at best. Of course, attached to this question of "merit" are huge benefits in the form of fame and money, which arguably contributes to the intensity of the fight. As the nation's "Birth Defect" besmirches and defaces everything, the very notion of literary "merit" is being rendered questionable. To remedy that, a group came out, essentially proposing to include "diversity" as one long-overlooked aspect of merit in what is supposed to be a nation's conversation about itself and its culture. White, straight males talking among themselves cannot possibly be all there is to this conversation.

At the very least, there is nothing whatsoever wrong with having that debate, to look at "merit" from more than one perspective, and to make sure students are at least aware that there's more out there than the traditional canon had to offer. Nothing whatsoever. What, eventually, once this debate will have played out, to include or exclude is for the literary profession to determine. I have not claimed to be in a position to render judgment on that issue, and would never do that. So, any needling inquiries targeting me rather than addressing the issue are just a diversionary tactics: The racism and misogyny of old that contributed to the overwhelmingly white, straight, male canon of old is being questioned. That is, unambiguously, a good thing. Decrying that effort as "racist" judges itself. So do the various self-manufactured victim cards in the form of, "they would burn down my library", or similar nonsense.

:auiqs.jpg:

In other words you can not answer my question but hey thanks for playing.

I got a personal problem with the issue. Is there a """PERSON OF COLOR""" who has written a credible textbook on Organic chemistry? (a small example) I do not see organic chemistry as a RACIAL ISSUE-------but........... ----now that we are into it-------were the greek writers "...of color"? I dig Euripides and Aristophanes ------
but ------I really did not find "SOUL ON ICE" intellectually useful for anything other than as a -----social phenomenon

For the silly people who place their need to virtue signal above common sense, I have one question and that is this : name twenty great writers off the top of your head. How many are black?

ALL white authors? Please clarify the deceptive thread title.

And it is not racist, because advocacy for one group is not discrimination against another. This is a simple idea that a functioning adult should not need explained to him. Good grief, morons...

You have not answered the question, what "great" works to you propose be added?
Go ahead and give us the list of books in the curriculum, so we can give an informed answer. Surely you have this information available, to help maintain the ruse that you actually care.

So...the list?

For the silly people who place their need to virtue signal above common sense, I have one question and that is this : name twenty great writers off the top of your head. How many are black?
James Baldwin
Toni Morrisson
Octavia Butler
Ralph Ellison
Alex Haley

Having an education helps...

James Baldwin
Toni Morrisson
Octavia Butler
Ralph Ellison
Alex Haley

Having an education helps...
You think a science fiction author is among the 20 best ever?

You didn't name 20 off the top of your head .You simply focused on black names in order to virtue signal.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back