CDZ Students Demand Removal of White Authors; Why is this not Condemned as Racist?

You think a science fiction author is among the 20 beast ever?
Oh yes, I would put a couple scifi authors on the list.

Furthermore, your question is idiotic anyway. Not too many great writers aming the slaves. So you should restrict your question to, say, the last century. Because, as we both know, you have never read any african literature. So think your posts through a little more. Thanks in advance.

You think a science fiction author is among the 20 beast ever?
Oh yes, I would put a couple scifi authors on the list.

Furthermore, your question is idiotic anyway. Not too many great writers aming the slaves. So you should restrict your question to, say, the last century. Because, as we both know, you have never read any african literature. So think your posts through a little more. Thanks in advance.
thanks for making up so many things about me!

Reminder: this is the CDZ...no put downs or flaming please. Discuss the topic and not each other.

As long as the basics of the university curriculum remain intact... the degree will be as useful as it has been traditionally.

belushi-1.jpg

That's rather beside the point.

Back to the topic. Yes, it is racist to exclude an author's work on the basis of race.

If they are studying the literature of western civilization there should be no minority authors represented at all.

If they are studying the literature of western civilization there should be no minority authors represented at all.

Umh...yes. There would be unless you do not consider the US and Canada to be a part of the development of western civilization.

As long as the basics of the university curriculum remain intact... the degree will be as useful as it has been traditionally.

belushi-1.jpg

Back to the topic. Yes, it is racist to exclude an author's work on the basis of race.

When I was a kid, liberalism was all about creating a color blind society.

Today's fascist left has turned that notion completely around as they demand that race be the determining factor governing every single facet of our lives.

Identity politics reflects upon a very primitive mind set since it is all about tribe, and this despite the way it's ultra-conformist pracitioners try to posit themselves as being somehow superior for their mindless support of it.

Umh...yes. There would be unless you do not consider the US and Canada to be a part of the development of western civilization.
No. I don't.
Western culture

You are confusing the study of global history with the study of the development of western civilization.

Just one thing: you have never read african literature. Are you saying you have? No. So, you have nothing to complain about.

There is only one written language native to Sub-Saharan Africa and I don't read Ge'ez.

I'm not aware of any novels translated from Ge'ez.

No. I don't.
Western culture

You are confusing the study of global history with the study of the development of western civilization.
Of which diversity has played a large part. Much to the chagrin of racist pukes like you.
Which minority writers were influential in the Greco Roman period? The middle ages? How about the Age of Enlightenment? Which minority writer has has the most influence on the development of western civilization. Not present day diversity nonsense because western civilization is pretty much developed. Which one?

No. I don't.
Western culture

Of which diversity has played a large part. Much to the chagrin of racist pukes like you.
Which minority writers were influential in the Greco Roman period? The middle ages? How about the Age of Enlightenment? Which minority writer has has the most influence on the development of western civilization. Not present day diversity nonsense because western civilization is pretty much developed. Which one?

Actually, Arabic science was profoundly influential to European science and architecture. Much of the science of the Greeks and Latins, lost to Europe when classical civilization faltered, made its way back to Europe through The Arabs.

Along its way, Arabs added a lot of their own arts and sciences.

belushi-1.jpg

When I was a kid, liberalism was all about going to the moon.

Today, "liberalism" is all about howling at the moon.

belushi-1.jpg

Today's fascist left has turned that notion completely around as they demand that race be the determining factor governing every single facet of our lives.

Identity politics reflects upon a very primitive mind set since it is all about tribe, and this despite the way it's ultra-conformist pracitioners try to posit themselves as being somehow superior for their mindless support of it.

Identity politics is a form of Tribalism. Those who demonize Nationalism (which in Western Culture led to the rule of law) are actual promoting sheer power without morals. The Rule of Law is antithetical to Tribalism because the "other" is evil and must be destroyed at all costs.

And to those who are tempted to violated Godwin's law and bring up Hitler as a denunciation of Nationalism - what Hitler promoted was Ethnic Tribalism wrapped in a sheepskin of Nationalism.

Forum List

Back