Stuck inside a pub for 3 days during a blizzard with an Oasis cover band

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
I wonder how many times they played 'Wonderwall'? :laugh:

61 People 'Stranded' Inside British Pub with Oasis Cover Band for 3 Days Due to Blizzard​

Dozens of people and an Oasis cover band have made the most of bad weather that's left them stuck inside Great Britain's highest altitude pub, the Tan Hill Inn, for three days.

Located in in the Yorkshire Dales, about 270 miles north of London, the pub has become home to 61 people who were trapped by snow and winds from a late autumn storm on Friday, the Associated Press reported.

The group woke up Saturday morning to three feet of snow, which had approached the height of the pub's windows, according to the BBC.

I wonder how many times they played 'Wonderwall'? :laugh:

61 People 'Stranded' Inside British Pub with Oasis Cover Band for 3 Days Due to Blizzard​

I KNEW it had to be northern England or Scotland: blizzards uncommon in the South of England -----

Except, of course, for classic British mysteries. (Country house party, blizzard isolates all, at least three murders, minimum.)

Hard to believe they would let 3 feet of snow keep them trapped for 3 days.
Maybe it was just an excuse to stay drunk for 3 days.
They'd be stuck for months if they had to deal with this:

0*zEmGazNCXlQJDneP.jpg

Hard to believe they would let 3 feet of snow keep them trapped for 3 days.
Maybe it was just an excuse to stay drunk for 3 days.
Can't get thru with vehicles until plowed ----

I know, we had *4* feet not so many years ago in Maryland, and we thought we had died --- Maryland doesn't DO that! It really was pretty impressive --- Himself sweetly dug me a path to the greenhouse and then we took a lot of pictures. I believe they were trapped -----

Yeah, probably alcohol could have been involved in the waiting.

Forum List

Back