strollingbones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome strollingbones. There used to be a radio announcere where I live who used to call the Rolling Stones by that nick, in a humorous vein of course. :cool:

Trolls? Well all of us can be idiots at times but I think you'll find that if someone plays up to the general annoyance of the rest of the posters (who are, it has to be said, a fairly tolerant lot) then they're quietly but effectively dealt with. Compared to some forums I post on I think you might find security here is like it is at Disney, you don't see it until it's too late :lol:

i just couldnt take golo any longer. I hope this is at least a civil place. Of course, when it is revealed that i am a pagan and gasp not a right winger or left winger, I wonder how it will be. Nice to see a friendly face.

strollingbones, your avatar is way too scary.

I might have to ask you to remove it.

Last edited:
its okay most republicans hate kittens lol.....and cats for some reason i dont get....it is dry here too...i am hauling water.....i know its bad for yall i saw the fires.....congrads on the diving gold that was a most excellent dive....

its okay most republicans hate kittens lol.....and cats for some reason i dont get....it is dry here too...i am hauling water.....i know its bad for yall i saw the fires.....congrads on the diving gold that was a most excellent dive....

I feel for you if you're in drought, it's a huge problem for us, right now it's "winter" (a joke, our winters are so mild that people with real winters rightly laugh at us) and we hope to get sufficient rain to see us through the summer.

The diving. That young bloke was remarkable, completely out of the blue, which I think is sometimes the best way. Here we have already started the moaning about why we didn't win more gold. I can't get excited about it, I'm pleased for those who won a medal, I'm pleased for anyone who actually got to go to the Olympics, that's a remarkable feat in itself, every single one of them deserves kudos.

its a real drought to me...since i am the one hauling water...but nothing compared to yall droughts.....yes i am aware of it being winter....i have a few friends in oz...i find most of the men to be a wee bit crazy and the only women i knew turned out to be a man....dont even ask....i tryed for years to convict people that "she" was not just a really unfortunate looking woman...lol

LOL Les Girls is an institution here :D

As for winter. Where I am we're all shocked by the weather. During August, our coldest winter month, it was an average of 14c maximum. Coldest since 1951.

Can I hear violins? :eusa_boohoo: :lol:

LOL Les Girls is an institution here :D

As for winter. Where I am we're all shocked by the weather. During August, our coldest winter month, it was an average of 14c maximum. Coldest since 1951.

Can I hear violins? :eusa_boohoo: :lol:

is that not 34 degrees ?

lol you would not like it here...we can get to 30 below...yes below zero....

with windfactors taking it much lower.

Hello, I am a social liberal and fiscal conservative. I am 55, live in the nc mtns around banner elk nc. I hope this place has good debate without "trolls"
I hope I can figure this all out.

thanks,
bones

hey strollingbones! I had to google Banner Elk, it sounds like a great place to live, very pretty. This is the website I went to.

Banner Elk, North Carolina; Wooly Worm Festival, Southern Ski Capitol, Avery County, Golf Course Communities, Fraser Fir Christmas Trees, Trout Fishing

shhhhhhhhhhhhh echo...we dont want more people lol....its a quiet mountain town expect for 3 months of the summer and then 3 months in the winter...we are near several major ski slopes...beech mtn...sugar mtn....appalachian mtn....get the drift....we are at about 3,500 ft elevation.

shhhhhhhhhhhhh echo...we dont want more people lol....its a quiet mountain town expect for 3 months of the summer and then 3 months in the winter...we are near several major ski slopes...beech mtn...sugar mtn....appalachian mtn....get the drift....we are at about 3,500 ft elevation.

I wonder if that's the Sugar Mountain Neil Young sang about? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back