Street racing soars after 'defund police' movement slashes traffic patrols across US

Putting that aside, I go to a lot of cars and coffee meetups. But these are generally true sports cars and old clasics. It's an entirely different energy. There's quite a lot more money involved in these cars and the crowd tends to be far more mature. Certainly more responsible in their actions.

The problems seem to be occurring in the more urbanized areas.

I was out the other night and passed a parking lot full of hoodlums doing burnouts in the parking lot. Their must have been ten of em doing it while about twenty or thirty other rice burners were parked and polluting the environment with some kind of obnoxious gangster noise. Oh, it was filthy. And this was around 8 o'clock in the evening.

You don't see that kind of nonsense among true car enthusiasts.
Time to take street exhibitions out of the low-risk high-reward column and into the high-risk high-reward column. Street racers who are caught in my area usually just get a citation and their car impounded for a month. How about minimum $5,000 fine and car impounded for 60 days. Impound yards charge a lot to get your car out of impound around here..I think the last I heard it was about $60 per day it is impounded.

This de-fund the police issue started due to police misconduct, occasionally resulting in deaths of unarmed people. So a compromise. Let police have the bloated budgets they are always asking for, and in many cases getting them, so here is an idea..any legal settlements payed to victims of police brutality comes out of their budgets.
Or, you know, we could just start locking up cops that abuse their power. For a long damn time.

And those that provide cover.

Or, you know, we could just start locking up cops that abuse their power. For a long damn time.

And those that provide cover.
Locking rogue cops up is difficult as hell even when the evidence is right there. As for those that provide cover you are talking about the 'blue line' so good luck with that. I still think hitting police chiefs where they feel it the most is the way to go..take their budget money for court settlements. It accomplishes the de-fund idea but it will the cops that de-fund themselves.

Last edited:
Whatever happen to turn signals, dimming high beams, mufflers, driving at or over speed limit in left lane, and picking up or discharging passengers on side streets and not the main road? Main offenders almost always the Jose’s .

Whatever happen to turn signals, dimming high beams, mufflers, driving at or over speed limit in left lane, and picking up or discharging passengers on side streets and not the main road? Main offenders almost always the Jose’s .
The Joses??..I thought you wingers always blamed the Asians for those things

Locking rogue cops up is difficult as hell even when the evidence is right there. As for those that provide cover you are talking about the 'blue line' so good luck with that. I still think hitting police chiefs where they feel it the most is the way to go..take their budget money for court settlements. It accomplishes the de-fund idea but it will the cops that de-fund themselves.
The problem is that just devolves the entire area as fewer cops leads to more crime and more problems.

It is hard to lock up cops but it is flatly necessary to reform the system. Getting rid of police unions, qualified immunity, waiting periods before they have to file a report on an incident they are involved in and other such laws/processes that exist solely to help cops but are not afforded to the normal person need to be done away with in their entirety. Getting rid of the militarization of the police needs to happen as well not to mention amazingly brazen extra constitutional powers like asset forfeiture.

I think a band-aid (like moving some cash around) does nothing but cover up the actual systemic problems we have with the police so that this will continue to happen over and over and over again.

Forum List

Back